Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva M3

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Paulie I was very suprised to view it on redrc.net the day gets darker for Kyosho I uess all the star drivers are mostly in off-road besides Collari who else is still with the team see ya @ the Fort
That is a very good question. Not real sure where Kyosho USA stands with the on-road program? Kyosho seems to have a good grip on the Euro market but US?
Old 01-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kyosho is bringing home titles in 1/10, and 8 scale onroad every year. They also for the most part dominate offroad buggy. Plus as long as they have Adrien bertin, shimo, and of course the man him self ( collari) they will always win or make the podium at the worlds. The other companys can have the winternats and the nats, kyosho will just keep winning the worlds. Talk is cheap kyosho produces results when it matters most. Good luck this year to all the kyosho fans and family.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Kyosho is bringing home titles in 1/10, and 8 scale onroad every year. They also for the most part dominate offroad buggy. Plus as long as they have Adrien bertin, shimo, and of course the man him self ( collari) they will always win or make the podium at the worlds. The other companys can have the winternats and the nats, kyosho will just keep winning the worlds. Talk is cheap kyosho produces results when it matters most. Good luck this year to all the kyosho fans and family.
I agree with you 100%, but with that said, why should they give the winternats and the nats to the other guys? What I am saying is that its nice to be at a national event and be able to watch people like Scott and Aaron's cars and compare set up tips. That's all I am saying. I love my M3, so far it's the fastest car I have driven. I know how invested in Off Road they are, hell Tebo lives in my town. I just think Onroad is the step child here in the USA.

Good luck to all of the Kyosho guys this year, not that we need luck!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

On road being the step child in the U.S. that may be changing soon. In my area the two main off road tracks have changed their layout to accommodate the the sc class. Thus removing most jumps and sharp turns. This made a lot of people including myself switch over.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Rookie

If I could add my views to the topic here, it does seem a great shame that drivers are 'jumping ship' to other brands (mainly Serpent).
In my humble opinion it is not enough to say that 'oh well, Kyosho have Collari'. He is probably the best known and respected 1/8th on road racer in the world BUT people just expect him to do well and, to be honest, his Fantastic World Championship wins are often met with comments like..'Oh well, Collari could win with a light brick'. A HUGE overstatement of course but I hear my colleagues say it all the time
!
In the UK I have driven and sold (through my small RC Car shop) Serpent cars for several years now. I have nothing against Serpent, but felt that I should like to ADD Kyosho to my 1/8 arsenal.
The big problem is that because we have no 'top names' in the UK driving M3's it is difficult to encourage new drivers to the marque without 'giving away' cars which I cannot afford to do!

I will be driving an Evo this year but I am no great shakes as a driver and I will be starting from scratch with a totally new car (my thanks to Paulie Bee so far with his help and suggestions) which will make things even more of a struggle.

In my opinion Kyosho don't seem to worry too much about the 1/8th on road section.
Ok, ok they do employ Lamberto but they do need to 'get out there' and give the brand a push.

I'm not having a go but a 'one car' domination is never a good thing in any sport!

Mike
Old 01-27-2010, 01:27 AM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hobbit210
In my opinion Kyosho don't seem to worry too much about the 1/8th on road section.
Totally agree with that comment. In fact, when I was in Japan in 08 for a holiday, I was speaking to a Kyosho employee. All he wanted to know was how the off-road scene was in my country. He didnt give a s%#t about on-road. Shame really.

I still think the Evolva was a great car but since I upgraded to the M3 and now the M3 Evo, I have been going faster and faster.

Would be good if this thread was more active like you see on the MRX-4X thread.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by occ
Totally agree with that comment. In fact, when I was in Japan in 08 for a holiday, I was speaking to a Kyosho employee. All he wanted to know was how the off-road scene was in my country. He didnt give a s%#t about on-road. Shame really.

I still think the Evolva was a great car but since I upgraded to the M3 and now the M3 Evo, I have been going faster and faster.

Would be good if this thread was more active like you see on the MRX-4X thread.
Please don't take anything you hear from Kyosho representatives personal. To many manufacturers this is just bussiness. The consumer part take in this hobby for the sport and companies just want to sell cars.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

in regard to what occ said about thread activity. Well there are a lot of mugen owners out there. there is a major price difference between the two companies. You can get a mugen for $100 cheaper then Kyosho. No matter what the class. In my lhs price is the deciding factor when purchases are being made. I believe you get what you pay for.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think it has to due any thing with the car brand, Kyosho both On Road & Off Road has top Kits, yes they might be little more money. Remember the bottom line is money these company are in it for, not all these driver are moving just because it might be better car, there is money behind it some how in some form or another. I have seen at our local level people switch cars not because one is better they just follow others. That just the way it works, how many people made the jump when those Kyosho driver were running the M3? I bet a few, now that they are with another team they will follow
Old 01-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert R
I don't think it has to due any thing with the car brand, Kyosho both On Road & Off Road has top Kits, yes they might be little more money. Remember the bottom line is money these company are in it for, not all these driver are moving just because it might be better car, there is money behind it some how in some form or another. I have seen at our local level people switch cars not because one is better they just follow others. That just the way it works, how many people made the jump when those Kyosho driver were running the M3? I bet a few, now that they are with another team they will follow
+1 Money is a top decider but for those that are looking for support that's also another decider.
The top 3 RC Manufactures all produce great cars & with the worlds approaching it is normal to see a lot of switching of brands.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes support is huge, I have run kyosho for long time now both On Road and Off, but here in Vegas no one runs Kyosho in Off Road so its very hard to get support at local level. Remember who Serpent is they also have the On Road line of Novarossi engines. So in the world of making money it means everything to them to have good show at the worlds.

Honestly the 1/8 scale car for Kyosho is not a big money maker as far as sales, but if you have a Race Team that wins, it means everything because those wins are put in RC Fourms, Magazines, ect, and it sells the name Kyosho. Maybe at this point they feel they dont need to be in that market. Maybe they are focusing on somthing else. I will stick with the M3 its a great car.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Hi ,
Is there a pinion removing tool for the m3 , if so whats the part number.
Also Does evolva 2005 pinion fit the current m3 clutch bell . I Tried 15 and 20 pinion from 2005 model but they kept coming off the clutch bell . Could i be doing something wrong ?
Thanking in advance
Cheers
Alex
Old 01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Yes support is huge, I have run kyosho for long time now both On Road and Off, but here in Vegas no one runs Kyosho in Off Road so its very hard to get support at local level. Remember who Serpent is they also have the On Road line of Novarossi engines. So in the world of making money it means everything to them to have good show at the worlds.

Honestly the 1/8 scale car for Kyosho is not a big money maker as far as sales, but if you have a Race Team that wins, it means everything because those wins are put in RC Fourms, Magazines, ect, and it sells the name Kyosho. Maybe at this point they feel they dont need to be in that market. Maybe they are focusing on somthing else. I will stick with the M3 its a great car.
+1 the M3 is a great car & the New M3 Evo is an improvement I ran for Kyosho for 4 years & all there gear is top notch I think there niche right now is off-road just look thru any magazine it's all Off-road that's where the market is at
Old 01-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have not tried the conversion yet. I have been running my car with out the two side braces, do they make a diffrence?

Ya off road is huge, I remember few years ago in cali they had place that had both on road and off, they closed the on road track only beacuse they were getting more off road racer and wanted to make more room for them, it was a smart business for him.

As every thing in world just comes down to the might $$ ..
Old 01-27-2010, 08:12 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have not tried the conversion yet. I have been running my car with out the two side braces, do they make a diffrence?
I was surprised when I received the M3 Evo conversion kit at the amount of changes there was. I also ordered the new front arms, FMW644 which are a lot stiffer. Also order FMW645 at the same time.

Once I rebuilt the car and run it for the first time, I couldn'yt believe the difference. It so much better than the M3. A lot more steering and much more responsive.

I found the car had too much understeer with the side braces.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.