Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here it is a TV review of the event from Peruvian TV. The front blue car that they shown for 2 laps at the beggining its my friend's Marcelo Echeverria who took 2nd place on GT Class.

One thing i loved from Peruvian event its te covering of the media, journals, tv's, radio reporters, etc, congrats to organization :

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

cya !!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Great video.. Looks like fun. Wish they had a similar race series here..
Old 02-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

The 1st race of the SWCS was held this weekend in Rendon,Texas. It was a fun and enjoyable race and to see old friends. FlyinHawaiian took the win followed in a close 2nd Ron S. and closing it out David T. in 3rd. Ron S. was TQ for the race but had a flame out in the 30 min. A-main that caused him to fall back a lap. The tires of choice were the Sweeps tires and bodies were Delta,Protoform,and Alpha R1 in the top 3 positions. Pics to follow later.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Awesome video. Great coverage!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Here it is a TV review of the event from Peruvian TV. The front blue car that they shown for 2 laps at the beggining its my friend's Marcelo Echeverria who took 2nd place on GT Class.

One thing i loved from Peruvian event its te covering of the media, journals, tv's, radio reporters, etc, congrats to organization :

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

cya !!
Pato,

That’s an excellent race video production, I especially like the 1:05 second mark where the poor guy in the lead gets "hacked" so brutally hard by the second place car that he gets punted off the track.
Was that your friend in the blue car that got sent flying into the dirt?

Great instant replay too, it’s nice to see all the racing action in a professional video production. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Pato,

That’s an excellent race video production, I especially like the 1:05 second mark where the poor guy in the lead gets "hacked" so brutally hard by the second place car that he gets punted off the track.
Was that your friend in the blue car that got sent flying into the dirt?

Great instant replay too, it’s nice to see all the racing action in a professional video production. Thanks for sharing.

NAHHHH MAN !!, that was MY CAR ... that was like first 5 minutes of racing, my mistake. I even slowed down after that when i went near the pits waiting for a "stop and go" or some punishment but race director did nothing, i was involved in 2 crashes during the last sprint/final of the day, but this one was the only one that was MY FAULT, it looked horrible DURING the race, but is even more ugly looking the video now, and even more scary here look at this picture :

BTW, the other car was not in the lead, i was in the lead and this guy already had 2-3 laps minimum behind me. He ended the race 12 laps behind me and only lost 1 lap because of the punt , you can see my car on the picture just the moment after the punt doing the curve. The car didnt broke or anything FYI

Last edited by Tabushi; 02-21-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, didn’t realize it was you that smashed him flying into the dirt and ran away from the scene; lucky you didn’t get caught after that hack move. Thanks for clearing it up. Cheers!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Very nice video Pato & congrats!!

We don't come here even close when talking about the tracks, publicity and media coverage. It seems we are far behind over here
Ok, I admit the long winter might have something to do with it, too

Anyhow, it looks awesome over there.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Oh, didn’t realize it was you that smashed him flying into the dirt and ran away from the scene; lucky you didn’t get caught after that hack move. Thanks for clearing it up. Cheers!

Heheheheh LOL, ok go puting more dirt on me man !! lol !!!

I know what i did and it was a bad move (deep vision problem on that corner), i dont even needed by the rythm i had by that time of the race. Didnt broke the other car and as much he lost 1 lap (in fact it took like 10 seconds for him to get back to race) ... shit happens and in this case was my fault, at mid race a guy hit me very hard too and i lost 2 body pins and i had to go in to pits and race director didnt applied a punishment neither so ... the balance of the life ...

... any other comment about my hack move that put the other guy to fly and bla bla bla ?, love you man !!

cya !
Old 02-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
Very nice video Pato & congrats!!

We don't come here even close when talking about the tracks, publicity and media coverage. It seems we are far behind over here
Ok, I admit the long winter might have something to do with it, too

Anyhow, it looks awesome over there.

Thanks for your workds MikaR, this kind of coverage is not common in Southamerica !! ... the thing is that in Peru, the main sponsor for this kind of events its "PILSEN" which is a BEER COMPANY.

BUT, Pilsen put marketing banners, flyers, etc ... but no money for the events it sponsors, but they buy lots of spaces on different media sources and then during the events they send reporters from different media to cover the races and at least in my opinion this is a GREAT formula, because put the hobby closer to the masses and shows a little more of our passion to the rest of the country where the event its held.

Next year by February again, same event will come to the same track as for the last 4 years (this was my first time), and for now is confirmed that they INCLUDE GT CLASS as people (public) were amazed by size realism of the cars.

I really hope that people from USA could make it to Peru, its a very nice country, cheap, safe and with great organization for racing ... a very nice experience that worth to share ...

cya !
Old 02-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Hack happens during the heat of racing at times. Sometimes the RD see's it sometimes not. But if you're being lapped you should go wide.

Last edited by Pit-racer; 02-21-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tabushi, awesome video, thanks for sharing! But I do hate you for sharing , I am missing racing sooooo bad right now. In my area we are in another snow storm with 6" (15.25cm) so far with more coming tonight and it's around 20F (-6C)...
Old 02-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Great video...
Old 02-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Hack happens during the heat of racing at times. Sometimes the RD see's it sometimes not. But if you're being lapped you should go wide.
Great comment Pit. 100% in agreeement!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Originally Posted by bassman2
Great comment Pit. 100% in agreeement!!!
You’re supposed to hold your line when a faster car approaches you, not dart out at the last minute. A good fast guy will always slow down and try to drive around you, not try to drive through you just because they think you’re in their way. This is especially true when there’s nobody close behind you.

It’s called driving clean, showing respect for your fellow racers, their cars and their financial investments, that is the essence of true “sportsmanship” that we GT racers need to show the world.

During our USGT Nationals last year, there was a guy that didn’t, or even want to try to understand the concept of clean driving. One of the racers had enough of it and kicked the car across the track.

When we had a meeting about it after the race, I sided with the field goal kicker, since I had also been hacked by the same individual a few times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.