Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Guys I'm happy to inform you that the damage on my GT is not as bad as I expected, I only had to replace some bent screws and straighten one pin and that's ALL!!!

That's just another reason why I love my GT so much!!! since I bought it the only parts I had to replace was the 2nd speed spurs. Every dollar I spent on it was for upgrades.

Anyway I still orderEd a CNC chassis plate from Dragon Racing for $38 it's coming from Hong Kong so I will get it in about two weeks or so... I'll keep you posted.

On another subject I was wondering what's the weight on your GT's, GT2's and DM1's is??? are there any tips on how to reduce weight? Are carbon fiber parts legal in the spec class? How about receiver and battery tray mods???

So far I have all titanium turnbuckles on my GT
Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Dragon racing is poor quality
Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
It maybe poor quality, but its still an improvement over the stock GT blue plate special.... and for the price, it can't be beat.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

If you say so, I gotta believe though I've heard otherwise, too

No personal experiences.

Kyosho IGW-003 is nice.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikaR
Well we'll see! I mean the stock chassis is not all that either
Old 05-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Right

This would be good quality, Amain sells it for $82

But it's for a single speed only, so propably won't do

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...s-MP75-Kanai-2
Old 05-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

GT racers in the NY area we will be racing GT class IGT or DM1 if we have 5 cars to enter the class. Floyd Benette Field Brooklyn. This weekend I will post the day as the club is voting between Saturday or Sunday due to the holiday. We have 2 confirmed
Old 05-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Gonzo, the dragon chassis is a decent upgrade from stock. The one Mika mentioned can be modded to work with very little done. The weight on these cars can vary, but my open car is in at just over 3200 grams and our spec minimum here is 3450. The lightweight universals helps and the titanium hinge pin set from lunsford works well.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Gonzo, the dragon chassis is a decent upgrade from stock. The one Mika mentioned can be modded to work with very little done. The weight on these cars can vary, but my open car is in at just over 3200 grams and our spec minimum here is 3450. The lightweight universals helps and the titanium hinge pin set from lunsford works well.

mmmm Titanium hinge pin set gotta look into those... Thanks for the tip! I need to weight my car but don't have a digi scale, I can always walk into the market and ask to borrow their deli scale
Old 05-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Gonzo,

Talk with "Bubba Cola" at Leisure Hours near you, he'll be able to help you most.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Gonzo,

Talk with "Bubba Cola" at Leisure Hours near you, he'll be able to help you most.
Oh yeah he's always helping out! he was trying to find a chassis for me the day of my crash... we probably end up going to Mex. together. Mike was also helping out! and showing me his tricked out GT!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Stock dm1

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
Guys I'm happy to inform you that the damage on my GT is not as bad as I expected, I only had to replace some bent screws and straighten one pin and that's ALL!!!

That's just another reason why I love my GT so much!!! since I bought it the only parts I had to replace was the 2nd speed spurs. Every dollar I spent on it was for upgrades.

Anyway I still orderEd a CNC chassis plate from Dragon Racing for $38 it's coming from Hong Kong so I will get it in about two weeks or so... I'll keep you posted.

On another subject I was wondering what's the weight on your GT's, GT2's and DM1's is??? are there any tips on how to reduce weight? Are carbon fiber parts legal in the spec class? How about receiver and battery tray mods???

So far I have all titanium turnbuckles on my GT
My stock dm1 - spec that I ran with at the GT worlds in the open class was just around 4000 grams. I would look into the Max Velocity carbon fiber parts. There were cars as light as 3000 to 3200 grams running in the open class.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Nice! Thanks for sharing that info! seems like the DM1 is heavier than the GT and GT2.

Hey so are those carbon fiber parts legal for the spec class?
Old 05-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
Nice! Thanks for sharing that info! seems like the DM1 is heavier than the GT and GT2.

Hey so are those carbon fiber parts legal for the spec class?
Gonzo,

Max Velocity carbon fiber shock towers, radio and/or steering plates are OK for use in our “Spec” class at Ipanema Sports GT events. Carbon fiber lower chassis plates are only legal for use in our “Open” class.
Double check with “Bubba” for your club races at Leisure Hours, OK
Old 05-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
GT racers in the NY area we will be racing GT class IGT or DM1 if we have 5 cars to enter the class. Floyd Benette Field Brooklyn. This weekend I will post the day as the club is voting between Saturday or Sunday due to the holiday. We have 2 confirmed
Update on the race, they are going to run it on Sunday May 30th. Lets have a great showing at a great track!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.