Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I recently inquired about WTB a Blackhawk tranny for a GT project that I was working on. SPOOKY1 replied and said he had one he was looking to get rid of. I then began to inquire about the price and told him what I had hopes to fab up. He wished me luck and just sent me the parts I need to finish the project refusing to take a dollar from me. I just wanna publicly say thank you for your help. It was a virtual scavenger hunt looking for these items. This will not be forgotten and I will definitely pay it forward to the next forum member in need of a part that I may be sitting on.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by J-milz
I recently inquired about WTB a Blackhawk tranny for a GT project that I was working on. SPOOKY1 replied and said he had one he was looking to get rid of. I then began to inquire about the price and told him what I had hopes to fab up. He wished me luck and just sent me the parts I need to finish the project refusing to take a dollar from me. I just wanna publicly say thank you for your help. It was a virtual scavenger hunt looking for these items. This will not be forgotten and I will definitely pay it forward to the next forum member in need of a part that I may be sitting on.

J-milz, I wish you much success with your custom GT build

I had the pleasure to meet Gus aka Spooky1 on a different GT forum back in 2008 & then in person at a GT race about a year later. Gus has been an asset to the GT community since the first GT hit the shelves.

Gus has always shown a sincere passion to grow GT racing and this kind of selfless act from Gus is his standard character. GT racing needs more people like Gus

Hats off to you Gus, I Hope you are well and honing your skills on the carpet until the warm weather returns to Utah for another season of GT racing.

Hope you make it to Miami

Last edited by *1speedy; 11-24-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello guys,

As you may know, year after year during the last 6 years, "Copa del Pacífico" event has been held in Lima - Peru. Next time is March 7th to 9th 2014.

In 2011 version, organization added GT Nitro Class on the event, and the class has been growing great all years.

So, once again, im inviting whoever wants to join us in Lima - Peru on the next "Copa del Pacifico" (Pacific Cup) ...

This is a short video of the track, hope you enjoy ...

Video : http://youtu.be/UX_ue-jQhmA

Event Flyer :

You can register yourself for the race on : http://apercar.com/copa_del_pacifico.html

cya !!

Last edited by Tabushi; 11-26-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hello Pato,

Video is not working.......
Old 11-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bassman2
Hello Pato,

Video is not working.......

Video Link updated on my last post ! :

http://youtu.be/UX_ue-jQhmA

cya !
Old 11-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the kind words guys. We all just want to make GT racing better.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Video Link updated on my last post ! :

http://youtu.be/UX_ue-jQhmA

cya !
Thank you Pato for great videos. I enjoyed them very much. A RC track right next to a beach, a beautiful setting indeed .

Captain Spooky, looking forward to see you again soon my friend .
Old 11-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Byron race date

Originally Posted by aris
Where is the byron race?
Is that the one in New York?
I have been racing this race now for a few years and it always happens the weekend before Father's day. I hope this helps check the form again I may be awesome I'm pretty sure the dates correct
Old 11-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Cool sharing tips

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
GOTCHA !!
will be glad to share the PM with you that Jlock shared with me maybe you can come down for the byrons race in June
it's always great to put a face to the name

Last edited by djmorales; 11-28-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bassman2
Thank you Pato for great videos. I enjoyed them very much. A RC track right next to a beach, a beautiful setting indeed .

Captain Spooky, looking forward to see you again soon my friend .

Thanks for your words man ...

I really hope to see some drivers coming from USA or other non-southamerican countries to race this event with us ... Peru is cheap and safe, the track is awesome and the level of racing is high. We will have Paolo Morganti and Joaquin DeSoto for sure racing with us ...

regards,
Old 11-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Thanks for your words man ...

I really hope to see some drivers coming from USA or other non-southamerican countries to race this event with us ... Peru is cheap and safe, the track is awesome and the level of racing is high. We will have Paolo Morganti and Joaquin DeSoto for sure racing with us ...

regards,
I would love to visit Lima, Peru. I am sure it is a blast to run our GT cars on that beautiful track of yours. I am not fast but I would love to go race with you fast guys. Hopefully I'll see you soon Pato .
Old 12-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hi guys, I live in Miami and I know that I am close to one good nitro on road track in homestead. I drive odffroad but wanted to give the nitro gt class a try. I dont want to spend a lot of money on my first car for now. What do you guys recommend for a starter buggy? I looked at the Ofnas but since I run team associated and have a RC8E, is it better to convert one? Any advice is appreciated
Old 12-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lnc0321
Hi guys, I live in Miami and I know that I am close to one good nitro on road track in homestead. I drive odffroad but wanted to give the nitro gt class a try. I dont want to spend a lot of money on my first car for now. What do you guys recommend for a starter buggy? I looked at the Ofnas but since I run team associated and have a RC8E, is it better to convert one? Any advice is appreciated
I would suggest that you go with the Cobra GT. Its a great car and it is faster out of the box than the rest of the cars in the class. Yes, you can convert the RC8E but you would need many parts for it to be competitive. I have done this and even for electric GT you need a few of these.

You need a 150cc tank, tank mounts (not factory ones since the tank has to be relocated a few mm from stock). You will need a 2 speed transmition, I have done this with a DM-1 transmision and a Thunder tiger 2 speed. The TT 2 speed is better since the center shaft is the correct size and no mods are needed to mount it. If you go with DM1 2 speed the center mounts need to be relocated. The 2 speed clutch bell can be either one. The shock towers can be replaced with the SC8 towers and body mounts so you can hold the body. For the front bumper you can go with DM1 or Kyosho but you will have to fabricate a little piece to be able to mounted. I would suggest that you change to the optional diff gears since the stock 4.3:1 ratio is going to be good for short tracks but for long tracks the optional 3.30:1 diff ratio is much better. A new center top plate will have to be built depending on the 2 speed you decide to use. So it is more complicated than just putting on a body and slick tires. Like I said it can be done and it will be competitive but it is going to be expensive and time consuming. Your best bet is to go the Serpent route.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
I would suggest that you go with the Cobra GT. Its a great car and it is faster out of the box than the rest of the cars in the class. Yes, you can convert the RC8E but you would need many parts for it to be competitive. I have done this and even for electric GT you need a few of these.

You need a 150cc tank, tank mounts (not factory ones since the tank has to be relocated a few mm from stock). You will need a 2 speed transmition, I have done this with a DM-1 transmision and a Thunder tiger 2 speed. The TT 2 speed is better since the center shaft is the correct size and no mods are needed to mount it. If you go with DM1 2 speed the center mounts need to be relocated. The 2 speed clutch bell can be either one. The shock towers can be replaced with the SC8 towers and body mounts so you can hold the body. For the front bumper you can go with DM1 or Kyosho but you will have to fabricate a little piece to be able to mounted. I would suggest that you change to the optional diff gears since the stock 4.3:1 ratio is going to be good for short tracks but for long tracks the optional 3.30:1 diff ratio is much better. A new center top plate will have to be built depending on the 2 speed you decide to use. So it is more complicated than just putting on a body and slick tires. Like I said it can be done and it will be competitive but it is going to be expensive and time consuming. Your best bet is to go the Serpent route.
Thanks man!!! The serpent looks great but I am not sure if I want to spend around 1k on a car to try a new class.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by lnc0321

The IGT8F spec car is the TeamC/OFNA long chassis car, you can pick one up at tower for a little over 400.00 (shipped)with a body and tires! the REDS SPEC engine is 300.00 with pipe and header ( i actually run this engine in my PRO car!!), gather your electronics and you are ready to go. In the future if you decide you want to switch to a short chassis setup which is quicker the chassis and center CVD is around 125.00. This setup has been very successful lately! Here is a vid of a box stock one with the REDS combo, very easy to drive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoxX...HBBuDw&index=1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.