Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JLock
I have run many vehicles and tried numerous brands of tires over my 8 yrs of r/c racing. I have never had a tire make that big of a difference prior to trying the Ipanemas. So, I have to tip my hat to the makers of these tires.

Thanks for the kind words about our tires.

The quality natural rubber materials, true radial design, our 100% nylon rims and precision manufacturing account for the increase in performance you’ve experienced with our “Slicks” at the “Beat the Heat” event.

All of us at Ipanema Sintec Racing are very proud to offer the very best products possible and we’re pleased to see that many racers are appreciative of what we’re doing too.

We’re working on several new innovations specifically engineered to increase the attainable speeds and lower lap times of all IGT, GT & Rally Game type cars in racing environments.

Thanks again!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up Another Gt Race Promotion In Cincinnati

Well, we are announcing the Tri-State 200. It is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and we are looking for as many Gt'ers as possible.

GT CLASS IS FREEBuying a $12.00 T-shirt in advance would be nice to support our local club!!!!!!

Aug. 29th to the 31st.
Friday open practice.
Sat. at least 2 Quals and a 40 Min main
Sun. at least 2 Quals and a 40 Min Main
TQ and Main rewarded each day
Overall winner (two day total laps completed) also awarded

Just wanted all to see ASAP, make your plans now, for this will be big (i hope).

More info to follow as details are ironed out. This race is also part of the Rc-Pro series so racers from all over in various scales will be present.

I would just like to have a large group of Gt's to show we are also serious about our cars. Here is yet another chance to show you can post on here, and drive that GT.

Thanks to all that read this, and look forward to putting a face with that User name.

You can check out the track, and local drivers here. http://www.tsrcar.com/index.htm

I also believe that any GT sponsers, and door prize donations would be greatly appriciated. Don't know the specifics but i know other classes are obviously well supported. Nothing like winning a door prize for 1/8th scale foam tires or something.

Thanks in advance. PM me with any special questions.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

what are the classes for this class.... spec and mod...

for spec, what are the requirments? Engine? Need some clarification on this. I have a 28 pullstart engine, is it legal for spec when no mods are done to it?

For Mod, anything goes I guess.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

After reading this forum this is going to be fun. But here it goes. Bring what you want "Rally based Offroad buggy conversion, IGT STOCK" Cheap .28 or less engine with pull start attached. RUBBER TIRES.

To eliminate all the hoopla, we are simply making a break-out time. Currently our best time is 29.33 Sec. The class is based on a stock car, hence 29 Sec. break out time.

Yes Stock IGT is the pace setter. Yes those are the rules. To answer your question quckly. If one man breaks the time once, then it happens, but if 20 people are breaking it regularly with a true "spec car". Then we are capable of re-negotiating.

OUR GOAL IS TO GET PEOPLE TO THE TRACK, not FIGHT. If you are truley interested please PM Me, i will answer all your questions and not take up space on this forum.

Just to throw in my worthless 2 Cents, the people that are running this class and upgrade there engines are simply loosing more control of the car, and hitting boards and Marshals harder. But what do i know, i'm just new.......

ALTHOUGH i am NEW TO THIS SPORT AND RUN THE MWS "STOCK" CLASS.
Thank You Duneland.......... For creating a place for people like me.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Has anyone converted a Mugen MBX5 to run as an IGT? If someone had a list of parts please let me know.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Ralph,

Why don't you call mugen, I'm sure they know what's going on.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)
Default Jackson Ms racing

Can any of the Jackson MS. guys pm me your schedule i know that there will be a big nitro race this fall and i wanted to get down there and race before then p.s. great racing in Memphis this past weekend hope you guys saw the vid.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by titanismo
Do you have the size or the part numbers for the engine bearings?
Sorry for the delay, here's the link:

http://infernogt.proboards102.com/in...ad=1286&page=2

Look at my reply #23 you'll see all the different sizes.
Hope this helps!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

got my hands on a pair of new CNC shock towers directly from Japan.. these are nice.. coupled with the new shocks it will give the car a distinctive new look. Did I already mention that with the lightweight drive shafts it is easily possible to shave off some tenths of seconds from lap times.

Last edited by MikaR; 07-25-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Utah State Champs A-Main (yeah... the only IGT main)
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-start.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-many-cars.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-chasin.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-jumpin-porsche.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-workin-rear.jpg  

Old 07-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up hey

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
Utah State Champs A-Main (yeah... the only IGT main)
kewl pics.......any more??? those are all Ferraris very nice...
Old 07-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

So that's where all the Ferrari went....
Old 07-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jspeed
So that's where all the Ferrari went....
Heh, heh..... and I have an unpainted spare in the garage...
Old 07-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Me too!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

A few more shots... un-edited... Mine is the 55... The 99 won.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-web%5B1%5D.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-web%5B2%5D.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-web%5B3%5D.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-web%5B4%5D.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-web%5B5%5D.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.