Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I didnt know who this saying was for..... now I know.... "We have all upped our game, so up yours!"
Old 08-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
We do not Spec any of the items we offer GT racers at our events, Ipanema welcomes all companies to help grow the GT class at our events. Period.

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC 2010?
Sorry ... when I said "spec" .... I was not referring in any particular brand or even part of the car. I was pointing out that venues may want to adopt the "spec" class as ran by Ipanema .... just like they run "outlaw" and "open" etc. Its a class Thats all.
If a venue wants to run two "classes" of gt and think they will get the numbers to run both classes or whatever their reasoning behind running two classes .. . Is up to the venue!

As far as your question sir. I don't think anyone knows the answer..... or its too long of an answer to type here.
Maybe in your mind its a retorica question anyway. No offence .... I don't know either. But one thing is for sure. I am new to the Nitro GT class and intend on having some fun with it. The cars look great.
All credit to all of you on here for making it such a great class.

Bm
Old 08-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
I didnt know who this saying was for..... now I know.... "We have all upped our game, so up yours!"
You're changing the conversation again, why, got no answers?

You're sweepie group has been pushing your tires as Spec for GT racing since they came out, long after the 2010 GT WC. Then the fighting began.

You're GT attendance at your events is low, all GT attendance levels are low now. You're guys are growing the class? Really, who believes that line of BS? I got a bridge to sell them, lol

Answer the question or move on.

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC 2010?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Sorry ... when I said "spec" .... I was not referring in any particular brand or even part of the car. I was pointing out that venues may want to adopt the "spec" class as ran by Ipanema .... just like they run "outlaw" and "open" etc. Its a class Thats all.
If a venue wants to run two "classes" of gt and think they will get the numbers to run both classes or whatever their reasoning behind running two classes .. . Is up to the venue!

As far as your question sir. I don't think anyone knows the answer..... or its too long of an answer to type here.
Maybe in your mind its a retorica question anyway. No offence .... I don't know either. But one thing is for sure. I am new to the Nitro GT class and intend on having some fun with it. The cars look great.
All credit to all of you on here for making it such a great class.

Bm
Its cool, GT racing was even better in 2010 than it is now, believe that!
There wasn't any brand wars. people didn't threaten to stab people in the neck. It was a unified new class and everyone seemed to welcome each other.

That was then.............

After the 2010 GTWC, all the vultures arrived in the class. All out on the forums with swipes at companies and attacks on the forums & tracks.

So, if all these "young guns of GT" are growing the class so much, why the low attendance levels????????

Last edited by Jspeed; 08-01-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Gotta run, catch ya'll later!!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Everything doesn’t explain all the low attendance at GT races now.

That’s a snide and feeble minded answer to the questions, but what we expect from a lunatic that open threaten to stab me in a toy car forum.

Just answer the question with an intelligent response, or wait until someone posts one.

That looks like 40 Tops, just saying 100 would be a panaromic photo...just saying LOL
Guess the other 60 quit Rc and GT after they paid for the event and got to know you.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Reason why its not growing, is because we cant have a civil conversation on here without Mr GT himself attacking us
Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If certain people didnt stir up all the crap that they did the GT class would be able to rival any rc class at this point! To many egos with all of this in my opinnion! This is suppose to be for fun, not showing up anyone or throwing people under the bus. And not for making your own agendas! Think about it people!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Patricio

My old friend, once sponsored by us and now representing Alpha tires.
This discussion is about the BS the sweepies have been doing since 2010.

But, if you and Marcello in Brazil are cool with it........

I would switch too if I kept getting asked "Why is Jeff such a Jerk, he's the owner?"
Old 08-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, I am now chiming in since my name was brought into this round of GT arguing.

It seems like the hard feelings amongst the GT factions still exists and are as hard and as strong as ever. There can never seem to be a civil and honest debate/discussion about the products, cars, and classes without it breaking down into name calling, accusations, and threats. These types of episodes is why many have left GT and why many will not participate in GT. And, all parties involved are part of the problem. Everyone wants to be right and prove the others wrong when there is no right in the fight.

Everyone has their brand(s) that they use and are comfortable with as far as these "toy" cars are concerned. This is the only class where there is open fighting about what brand of products that a racer uses. You don't have these types of forum blow-ups in 8th scale pan car or 200mm TC. In those classes, I pick with my friends and they pick with me about what car brands each of us uses but it is never personal. When it comes to GT, everyone gets way too personal and goes out of their way to up the ante as far as personal attacks and slinging mud.

What is going on right now is why I do not race GT much anymore. I don't agree in large part in the direction that GT is currently going because it has been turned into a bigger money class than 8th scale pan (Lola) cars. Plus, there is no fun in racing with folks that are not going to like you just because you use a different brand from what they use. Yes, I use Ipanema products because they have worked for me. I don't have a beef with any racer that decides to use another manufacturers' brand unless they make it a personal issue, which has happened between myself and some others in the past. But what I tire most of is having my name brought into these fights when I have nothing to do with them (no real dog in the latest hunt).

If all of you want to argue, fight, name-call, etc, knock yourselves out. It is a shame that a bunch of supposedly "grown men" are acting like a bunch of 4 year old spoiled brats. All I ask is keep me out of it unless I jump into the fray. I tire of this back and forth BS that is keeping the class from being what it should truely be. As a business man looking to make a good sound investment, GT is not the stock I want to buy because right now, there is no good ROI in it.

Last edited by JLock; 08-02-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Jspeed, it sure sounds like your "bashing another product to promote your own" isnt that EXACTLY what you PM'd me saying we should not do??

At the end of the day the SWEEP race had no tire failures and no cracked wheels, that sounds like a winner to me. and everyone who attended that race can still use those tires for at least 3 weeks! From the outside looking in that may be a good thing for a newbie to hear.

Lets see the name list for the 100+ attendence on that magical one time race you are talking about. And then i will give you the answer you are looking for.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

J-Lock sorry for bringing you into this, It was in all due respect. You are calm, cool and collected when talking about the products you use.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Well, I am now chiming in since my name was brought into this round of GT arguing.

It seems like the hard feelings amongst the GT factions still exists and are as hard and as strong as ever. There can never seem to be a civil and honest debate/discussion about the products, cars, and classes without it breaking down into name calling, accusations, and threats. These types of episodes is why many have left GT and why many will not participate in GT. And, all parties involved are part of the problem. Everyone wants to be right and prove the others wrong when there is no right in the fight.

Everyone has their brand(s) that they use and are comfortable with as far as these "toy" cars are concerned. This is the only class where there is open fighting about what brand of products that a racer uses. You don't have these types of forum blow-ups in 8th scale pan car or 200mm TC. In those classes, I pick with my friends and they pick with me about what car brands each of us uses but it is never personal. When it comes to GT, everyone gets way too personal and goes out of their way to up the ante as far as personal attacks and slinging mud.

What is going on right now is why I do not race GT much anymore. I don't agree in large part in the direction that GT is currently going because it has been turned into a bigger money class than 8th scale pan (Lola) cars. Plus, there is no fun in racing with folks that are not going to like you just because you use a different brand from what they use. Yes, I use Ipanema products because they have worked for me. I don't have a beef with any racer that decides to use another manufacturers' brand unless they make it a personal issue, which has happened between myself and some others in the past. But what I tire most of is having my name brought into these fights when I have nothing to do with them (no real dog in the latest hunt).

If all of you want to argue, fight, name-call, etc, knock yourselves out. It is a shame that a bunch of supposedly "grown men" at acting like a bunch of 4 year old spoiled brats. All I ask is keep me out of it unless I jump into the fray. I tire of this back and forth BS that is keeping the class from being what it should truely be. As a business man looking to make a good sound investment, GT is not the stock I want to buy because right now, there is no good ROI in it.

Once again J its ALWAYS the same common denominator, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Look at short course racing its evolving the same way, all popular classes evolve nothing you can do about it. The drama you speak of only happens on the internet, at the races as long as Jeff stays away there is no drama everyone is having a blast.

How many blow jobs does Jeff want from different guys? is this some sort of hint to what is really going on ? Maybe some deep affection for the same sex, that would stress me out too
Old 08-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Unfortunate nature of the beast, everyone wants to go faster
Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock

If all of you want to argue, fight, name-call, etc, knock yourselves out. It is a shame that a bunch of supposedly "grown men" at acting like a bunch of 4 year old spoiled brats. All I ask is keep me out of it unless I jump into the fray. I tire of this back and forth BS that is keeping the class from being what it should truely be. As a business man looking to make a good sound investment, GT is not the stock I want to buy because right now, there is no good ROI in it.
REALLY J REALLY?

You keep referring to EVERYONE and the only person starting, causing and continues to cause problems is your friend Jeff Vargas "Jspeed".

You always jump in after him and try to save him after all the mess he starts, you bring yourself into these situations! If you have no dog in the hunt as you say, just don't POST or delete your post!

Your friend is on a mission to destroy what he created and (I use create lightly unless he was the GT designer at Kyosho), simply because he can't make any money off the class anymore and he is pissed about it.

HE HAS CLEARLY AND BOLDLY EXPRESSED HIS VIEWS ON THE TOPICS WITH NO REGARD FOR OTHERS.

WAKE UP!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
How many blow jobs does Jeff want from different guys? is this some sort of hint to what is really going on ? Maybe some deep affection for the same sex, that would stress me out too
Now thats JUST FUNNY!!
I don't care who you are thats funny, Jspeed should laugh at that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.