Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Heres mine
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-ptedm1.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-ptedm11.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

And a preview of your view Mike L on sunday.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-ptedm12.jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like you're armed and dangerous too Pete!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sweet ride pete. Im almost off work (3rd shift) so next step on my new gt2 build is servo install and linkage
so im gettin close to motor breakin time I hope to be able to practice sunday mornin with it a bit before racing starts I work a double shift sat so ill be coming sunday straight from work with little sleep reason im not racing plus car wont even be close to being race setup rdy
anyways I might have another peps talked into gettin a gt2 alrdy have one that's building as we speak
the more the better lookin foward to gettin my butt spanked out there this summer
dnf don
Old 05-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah sounds like gt will pick up this year!!

Too bad I can't make it this Sunday for raceday @ LHR :. ( couldn't get the day off
Old 05-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Anybody run a Werks B6 in their GT? I want an engine for my 1/7 DM-1 that will also make a good buggy engine.. Keep going between Argus, Alpha and co. on the one hand, and maybe a Werks on the other..(would require ordering from the States..) Seems near impossible to find consensus of what the ideal engine for these GT cars is.. I know I don't want a 28(even though I have a new Losi 454 sealed up, clutched, and ready to go..) cuz of the fuel consumption. I also want a screaming top end..

Also, again, somebody recommended getting a Kyosho clutch-bell with Evolva pinions, in order to be able to run normal-size clutch bearings(I don't like the .5x.8 bearings in the stock Ofna DM-1 CB) Anyway, I ordered and received the right parts, and the Kyosho CB looks really thin - as in I don't think it'll cover the shoes on my new Ascendancy clutch.. Will it?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dnf Don
Sweet ride pete. Im almost off work (3rd shift) so next step on my new gt2 build is servo install and linkage
so im gettin close to motor breakin time I hope to be able to practice sunday mornin with it a bit before racing starts I work a double shift sat so ill be coming sunday straight from work with little sleep reason im not racing plus car wont even be close to being race setup rdy
anyways I might have another peps talked into gettin a gt2 alrdy have one that's building as we speak
the more the better lookin foward to gettin my butt spanked out there this summer
dnf don
Thanks...Hope the rain holds out Sunday!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Default 1/8 onoad motors for 1/8GT

I have an extra Picco P9R and I was wondering if it would be suitable to use it on a 1/8GT chassis? Although the Picco generates a lot of torque, I wonder if it is proper to use it on a 1/8GT/ buggy drivetrain which typically uses a buggy type motor that has more torque and less revs.

Will it work okay or will it get burned up?
Old 05-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I have an extra Picco P9R and I was wondering if it would be suitable to use it on a 1/8GT chassis? Although the Picco generates a lot of torque, I wonder if it is proper to use it on a 1/8GT/ buggy drivetrain which typically uses a buggy type motor that has more torque and less revs.

I run one and its crazy fast,tourquey. I run the picco2033 pipe, but the 086 is a great pipe for that engine for the price. Run it you will not be disappointed.
The Sirio 2013 is a good one too.

Your clutch choice is key though. The stock two shoe blows.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Anybody run a Werks B6 in their GT? I want an engine for my 1/7 DM-1 that will also make a good buggy engine.. Keep going between Argus, Alpha and co. on the one hand, and maybe a Werks on the other..(would require ordering from the States..) Seems near impossible to find consensus of what the ideal engine for these GT cars is.. I know I don't want a 28(even though I have a new Losi 454 sealed up, clutched, and ready to go..) cuz of the fuel consumption. I also want a screaming top end..

Also, again, somebody recommended getting a Kyosho clutch-bell with Evolva pinions, in order to be able to run normal-size clutch bearings(I don't like the .5x.8 bearings in the stock Ofna DM-1 CB) Anyway, I ordered and received the right parts, and the Kyosho CB looks really thin - as in I don't think it'll cover the shoes on my new Ascendancy clutch.. Will it?

Herrsavage,

I run the new Jim Hottinger designed Fusion X28 in my DM-1 and to deal with run-time I dropped in the Kyosho 150cc fuel tank from their inferno GT car. This motor has loads of bottom end power and still plenty of top end. My concern with the .21 motors is the power to weight ratio of the 1/8 GT cars in comparison to the 1/8 on-road cars the .21 on-road motors were designed for. I know my DM-1 was close to 9 lbs. with the stock set-up. I have made several mods which have brought the car down to about 7 lbs. so now I'm not as concerned running a .21 on-road motor. I recently ordered a Novarossi Kangaroo .21 to try out on this kit. We'll see how it goes. If you're still at the stock weight you may want to consider running a .28 and take a look at the LRP28 engine. It's supposed to be the best bang for the buck.

Regards,

speyederjedi
Old 05-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Midwest Series and DM 1 spec

Hi all, I'm new to the GT class and ran my DM 1 spec at the Midwest Series in mentor with no problem, or is it a problem? I just came back to this hobby after a 7 year break and the gt class is what made me get back in the hobby! IT is probably the best racing I have ever done! and was fun, But now I'm confused to? I read that a club will not let them race the car in gt class? This car is defiantly buggy based and does not dominate the class, but if I can not race the car it will just turn me and probably others away from the hobby again and I don't want that to happen! Is this not a GT car? I would like to know before I drive across the Midwest and told I cant race. I hope it was not the Toledo club because that is the closest track to me now that the MORR club is not racing anymore. Please I would love some feed back!!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

@Speyederjedi, I tested my DM-1 with a Go GXR 5-port (.21)a couple weeks ago, and it was ripping 'til a spur gear got shredded(was a linkage problem I think..) Was definitely impressed with the performance.. I think an Argus, Alpha A872, or Werks B6, piped and clutched right, should be even faster. And yeah, I like the LRP Spec 3's in my MT's, but they are very thirsty(the Losi 454 I have is identical to an LRP Spec 3 btw..)

Does the Kyosho tank go in with no mods? Run-time though is not only an issue for racing - fuel here is bloody expensive!!..
Old 05-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mosaics12
thanks.. i got d parts from ebay.. just bring what u have and ill take a look

i run at FBF this mornin and nobody there.. i got d whole track by my self .. then a guy come w/ his GT2.. few ppol was there when i left..

its a nice track if u r from NJ even CT area u should hit this track.. friendly ppol too
did you try that hot bodies tank and was there any mods? i need a new tank and id rather go with a proven problem fixer...one o my kyosho tanks gotta leak
Old 05-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude

I used to run a plus 2 359 in my GT2 and it handled it well.. The higher torque of the p9r will benefit the gt even more
Old 05-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mistermustang95
Hi all, I'm new to the GT class and ran my DM 1 spec at the Midwest Series in mentor with no problem, or is it a problem? I just came back to this hobby after a 7 year break and the gt class is what made me get back in the hobby! IT is probably the best racing I have ever done! and was fun, But now I'm confused to? I read that a club will not let them race the car in gt class? This car is defiantly buggy based and does not dominate the class, but if I can not race the car it will just turn me and probably others away from the hobby again and I don't want that to happen! Is this not a GT car? I would like to know before I drive across the Midwest and told I cant race. I hope it was not the Toledo club because that is the closest track to me now that the MORR club is not racing anymore. Please I would love some feed back!!
Here's the links to their website and forum thread.

http://www.midwestseries.com/welcome.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-4-states.html

Never heard about anything like that, double check with them there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.