Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nice Body.

I wish someone would make a RX7 FD though!

Old 03-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tabushi
New project from ALPHA RC ... Alpha R3 Body for 1/8 GT Class :

hope you like it ...

cya !
Looks nice, more alternatives in body styles are needed.

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Well Powermaster fuel from our Hobbytown store here for in Austin runs from 19.99 to 23.99 a gal. from 16% to 30% that not so much. Look into VP/Powermaster fuels and give it a try.
I've used it and had good results racing boats, but it not that common here in PR to find it for cars (low % nitro).

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
How are the Losi onroad buggy tires?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ellow-Wheels-2
I would stick with tires that are specific for the class. I use Ipanema with great results. Alphas and Sweeps are also good choices. As far as durability for the tires you have to know how to read the tire wear, track temparature and race (bashing) time. One thing to remember is that these tires (the brand is not important in this) need time to warm up before they give you their best performance. Also if the track temps are low and the race time short you can get away using low shores but if race times and track temps are high use higher shores and watch the tire temps after using them. If you overheat them they will loose traction.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Nice Body.

I wish someone would make a RX7 FD though!

+1 I'm a fan of the Rotary engines. 700+ Hp on about 1.3L is sick and if you ad that mistical 3rd rotor then 1000+ Hp is very easy to be achived!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Will the Alpha R3 be for 325mm buggy wheelbase or 360mm truggy wheelbase?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
New project from ALPHA RC ... Alpha R3 Body for 1/8 GT Class :

hope you like it ...

cya !

looks ALOT like the FERRARI to me? anyone else??
Old 03-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Center Shaft Length problem

guys heres the problem this shaft length is 130mm i NEED anywhere from 126-128mm longest!! i dont care what company makes it, it goes in the center outdrive diff shaft when measure from flat spot to round is 7mm, so PLEASE measure ur centers if they install the same way, w/grub screw and see if anyone come up with something in that length dept. I WOULD BE IN UR DEPT, AND VERY THANKFULL FOR YOUR TIME...THANKS in advance guys

tommy

Old 03-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's great to see Alpha supporting us by getting new bodies out there for us to run (or destroy)!
I'm hoping it will fit the long chassis, but either way, it's a new body to choose from.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any updates from Mexico?
Old 03-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here are some videos and pictures of the races in Houston. I didn't have my wife there with her DSLR camera, but the video is HD, so be sure to watch it in that. The link for the pictures is at the bottom of the page.

GT Cars Come to Houston

Old 03-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That body looks good. Same question as Champ. Truggy wheelbase or not? I just converted my Truggy to onroad.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whipnet
Here are some videos and pictures of the races in Houston. I didn't have my wife there with her DSLR camera, but the video is HD, so be sure to watch it in that. The link for the pictures is at the bottom of the page.

GT Cars Come to Houston

Hello C.O.,

It was very nice to meet you at the SWCS race over the weekend. Thank you for providing us the videos, very cool!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bassman2
Hello C.O.,

It was very nice to meet you at the SWCS race over the weekend. Thank you for providing us the videos, very cool!!!
You're welcome and it was really great to meet you guys and see the GT's run! (What a nice day for racing too) I plan on joining you guys the next time you come through Houston.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Awesome race at the Gulf Coast Raceway this weekend! It didn't turned out as well for me in the main as for others, but as for excitement I had a Blast! Hope we had shown some of you potential GT8 drivers how fun and durable these cars are. C-Ya at the next SWCS race. TEXAS BIGGIE
Old 03-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Had a good time at the second SWCS race despite having late issues with both my 8th scale Lola and 8th scale GT cars. Yes, technical/mechanical gremlins got me again. Broke a steering block on my Lola car which cost me a bump-up from the B to A main. On my GT car, my 2-spd stopped shifting in practice so I ran the entire main on 1st gear. I think I finished 5th despite having only one gear. I will be a mad scientist in the lab the next few weeks to get that issue fixed. The wide Ipanema tires were hooked up and with a few rear end set-up changes, was the only reason I hung in the main on said single speed. Got a few pics that a friend took during the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-img_1012.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-img_1017.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-img_1015.jpg  
Old 03-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Had a good time at the second SWCS race despite having late issues with both my 8th scale Lola and 8th scale GT cars. Yes, technical/mechanical gremlins got me again. Broke a steering block on my Lola car which cost me a bump-up from the B to A main. On my GT car, my 2-spd stopped shifting in practice so I ran the entire main on 1st gear. I think I finished 5th despite having only one gear. I will be a mad scientist in the lab the next few weeks to get that issue fixed. The wide Ipanema tires were hooked up and with a few rear end set-up changes, was the only reason I hung in the main on said single speed. Got a few pics that a friend took during the weekend.
What 1/8 scale on-road car are you running these days?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.