Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
Are the foams one piece or a strip that needs to be glued together?
Its a strip, but it has a sticky backside. I would glue the ends together to be on the safe side.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks, I was just curious I don't have any of these tires. I have no interest in glueing tires ever again.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TM America
Hello Racers!

GQ 1/8th Super GT Foam and Rubber Tires are now in stock.

These are the best performance and quality 17mm tires available for the Super 1/8th GT cars. No chunking or broken and warped rims as found in other tire lines. Once again this is because of GQ's 20 years of foam and rubber processing experience, 30years of experience in the plastic and rubber fields. (Worldwide GQ is considered experts in these fields.) Tires are hand inspected throughout the manufacturing process to make sure excellence in quality is maintained. Lastly having the most advanced robotics for the gluing and the truing of tires is the icing on the cake. All tires are cello packed for freshness!

The new 1/8th Super GT class is going to be exciting and very competitive. GQ Racing Tires can give you that little extra edge when racing tough competition. Our Rubber tires are Ultra Traction and will give drivers excellent turning ability and traction out of the corners. If you decide to have fun or your club has a foam tire class, GQ Racing Foam tires out does all competition!!! These foam tires will last as long or longer than Rubber and give you faster racing!!!

GQ Racing Rubber Tires come in soft and medium inserts. Foam tires come in shores of 35 and 40 shore. In foam we have fronts and rears. The compound is different for rear and front tires in case someone doesn't know why the two different tires when sizes are the same.

See our 1/8th Super GT tire line here:
http://www.teammarketingamerica.com/...lly_tires.html or simply go to www.GQamerica.com.

Have Fun and good racing to all!
Just found out you got your tires back, killer I love those tires. You can thank Garen Hogobian on that.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
I got you.. you drilled a couple of holes in them.. which shores were you running?
They were GRP B compound
Old 08-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys,

I just received news from our friends in MEXICO. Alpha RC made the debut on Ajusco Track with a podium. 2nd Place for Alpha RC Tires, being 1st and 3rd PMT drivers.

4 drivers out of 12 on the A-Main went with Alpha for the first time ever and did A-Main, factory is very happy and thankfull to Victor Babani crew in order to test and race Alpha RC GT Tires in Mexico, this is the start of a hopefully very long relationship.

We received the feedback from our USA Distributor Candidate about their testings and they are very happy with the results, i personally hope to have the USA Distributor soon working with the Alpha RC Tires factory.

cya guys !

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Congrats to Richard Siriano TQ and winner of last Sundays Trophy race at Floyd Bennet Field in Brooklyn.

Also what a GREAT debut for SWEEP TIRES, I heard they CRUSHED the other competition 1st time out.

Sweep gets TQ 1st 2nd and 3rd. GREAT JOB !!
Sweeps took the tq after 2rounds and the win because of a rain shortened day. No mains were run. Diego Rodriguez took 2nd with GRP not sweeps. The tires didn't look that impressive. I still think the Ipanema are better.

Last edited by Serpent-Dan; 08-10-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Sweeps took the tq after 2rounds and the win because of a rain shortened day. No mains were run. Diego Rodriguez took 2nd with GRP not sweeps. The tires didn't look that impressive. I still think the inpenema or better.

Didn’t know about Floyd getting rained out but TQ with Sweep tires is a great showing any way.

We have been running the Sweep tires against Syntec and others as of late and have had great success with them and feel they are the dominate tire as of now but thats exactly what we GT racers need, choices. I didn’t realize you ran GT, never saw you run one at Floyd.

Glad to see you promoting GT
Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

It's great to hear that there is going to be
more than one choice for a decent GT tire.
I think a little competition between the tire
manufactures will be a great benefit to the
consumers.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

J I don't run GT I run sedan but I take care of t 2 drivers cars that are lesser drivers. I do try my best to get more Gt drivers out to Floyd. When I drive their cars I push them harder than the owners. And I didn't get to use the Sweeps tire but IMO they felt thin. But like u said it's good to have choices.
Dan
Old 08-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Sweeps took the tq after 2rounds and the win because of a rain shortened day. No mains were run. Diego Rodriguez took 2nd with GRP not sweeps. The tires didn't look that impressive. I still think the inpenema or better.
I got to run the sweeps this past weekend some and I was not in awe of them either. I think they are a nice option for us GT racers though. The wheels seem pretty good the rubber seems good plus mine are pre-glued and look to be put together well. With that said the Ipanema tires made my fastest laps last weekend for me on that track and those conditons.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Custom 1" thick foam bumpers for Ipanema "Warrior" GT bodies are now available for both DM1 & IGT chassis.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Custom 1" thick foam bumpers for Ipanema "Warrior" GT bodies are now available for both DM1 & IGT chassis.
Mine is on the way, getting ready for the nats
Old 08-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I got to run the sweeps this past weekend some and I was not in awe of them either. I think they are a nice option for us GT racers though. The wheels seem pretty good the rubber seems good plus mine are pre-glued and look to be put together well. With that said the Ipanema tires made my fastest laps last weekend for me on that track and those conditons.
+1
Old 08-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

GT RACING

"The excitement never ends..."
Old 08-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

1/8 SUPER GT

"In a class of it's own...."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.