GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

The Kyosho Inferno GT "Spec" class just keeps on growing here at SS Speedway in Tampa. Yesterday we had Both A & B Mains.

Most all of them were running faster than last weekend's racing program.

The SS Speedway Hobby Shop is getting another shippment of IGT cars this week. If anyone wants one they should contact Ronnie, he has great pricing for the cars since he also wants to "Spec" class to grow

His website is www.ronniesetser.com

Happy New Years!
Old 01-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Jspeed, Just a few questions for ya.

Do you have any pictures of the track ?

What days and times do you guys run?

Do I need to carry a ROAR card?

Besides IGT, what other class do you guys run ?
Old 01-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER

You may have to take the whole fleet with you!

Lee
Old 01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
You may have to take the whole fleet with you!

Lee
LOL!!!
I want to travel light !!!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...t=pics&page=25
a few more pics on page 26 also.

day and time: post #1023
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...highlight=pics

not sure about the roar card... I carry one

Classes ran last Sunday
http://www.jlapracemanager.com/cgi-b...ATE=12_30_2007
Old 01-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
The Kyosho Inferno GT "Spec" class just keeps on growing here at SS Speedway in Tampa. Yesterday we had Both A & B Mains.

Most all of them were running faster than last weekend's racing program.

The SS Speedway Hobby Shop is getting another shippment of IGT cars this week. If anyone wants one they should contact Ronnie, he has great pricing for the cars since he also wants to "Spec" class to grow

His website is www.ronniesetser.com

Happy New Years!
Jspeed, YGPM
Old 01-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER

GT,

Will try to get some pics.

Racing every Sunday, track is open 7 days a week.

We have our own insurance.

1/8 scale, 200mm & the IGT cars.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default IGT Race Vid

Came across a fine video of Inferno GT's racing in Japan
Caution large file size, but worth it. Crystal clear video

http://www.stage6.com/user/Totranosu...-Meister-cup-2
Old 01-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Default IGT with upgraded engine

Hi, this is all very interesting. We are about to create something similar with local Kyosho and possibly OFNA here for the next summer.

Couple of questions:
1) How do you feel OFNA GTPs are mixing up with the IGTs in the box stock or SS class ?
2) Those who have upgraded the engine for something more powerful (a .21 racing engine) how is the 2-speed is holding up? I think we try to start with stock engines as far as we can go to limit issues with any stock parts like the gear box
3) When upgrading the engine, are guys upgrading to an offroad or onroad engine? Any opinion? Both are allowed, right?, in the SS class
4) Comparing racer numbers in the stock and open (SS) class which one is bigger ? in average

Thanks! Keep up the good job!!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

We are having a lot of fun with the Kyosho Inferno GT cars.

The factory stock .28 engine works very well and is plenty fast for the car. We race them in our Spec class.

The rules are very simple so I'll make it short. The cars must stay very close to stock. The key to going fast with them is in tires, tuning, "set-up" and most of all, driver ability.

I'm headed off right now for the 1st race in our 8 race series at SS Raceway. The track is about 190' x 85' in size so the extra power of a hot rod engine might not offer much of an advantage.

The best thing about racing in the Kyosho IGT Spec class is that it is a level playing field that isn't rules by whoever has the most money to spend. Its a fun class because the cars look very realistic on the track too.

The factory 2 speed works very well for all of us racing them. People that put in big engines might be having a hard time, but in stock form the 2 speed is a great performer out of the box.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a great time racing the Kyosho Inferno GT cars too.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
Hi, this is all very interesting. We are about to create something similar with local Kyosho and possibly OFNA here for the next summer.

Couple of questions:
1) How do you feel OFNA GTPs are mixing up with the IGTs in the box stock or SS class ?
2) Those who have upgraded the engine for something more powerful (a .21 racing engine) how is the 2-speed is holding up? I think we try to start with stock engines as far as we can go to limit issues with any stock parts like the gear box
3) When upgrading the engine, are guys upgrading to an offroad or onroad engine? Any opinion? Both are allowed, right?, in the SS class
4) Comparing racer numbers in the stock and open (SS) class which one is bigger ? in average

Thanks! Keep up the good job!!
I know at my track, there is no specific IGT/GTP class. We call it "Run what You brung" It means just that. But for some reason it is a class for the DM1, Ofna 7, IGT, GTPII and other mutant vehicals are coming out and racing. It appears in our case that the Large specialized cars are dominating the class.
About motors.
For my track and a few others, I'm gonna run an RB S7. It's a .21 and has the best atributes of a off road and revs like a on road. I have the 928 motor and that is way over kill. It's good for talking about, but it is like driving a top fuel dragster on a small 1/2 mile track. Over kill!! A good on road motor will work pretty well also. A good off road motor is about $200 less and produces more torque. Remember these cars are off road based.

There is nothing wrong with running stock. Im not a fan of Ofna motors. I just have many off road big blocks that I use from my Truggy. If the rules say stock, my big ofna motor will be dropped in.
If I want to go at the speed of light with my RC, I will simply drop my 960 on the track and pull the trigger! These GT cars are for fun. That is where I wish it will stay! Besides, these things are like tanks!!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys for your responses.

I'm getting my F430 next week with V-slick tires, sway bars and some other stuff that's allowed according to the Stock Spec rules. I'm putting also Futaba S9351 servos and 2.4gHz receiver on it.

I've been racing offroad past years, had formely a K 777SP2 (and before that K 7.5) and now been a local sponsored driver for CEN with Matrix. I have RB WS7III on it currently, but have also an older C5 on the shelf. I've had a Proceed once that I run with RB S7 onroad engine. It was okay but our conditions here up north are not ideal for that kinda racing. I'm looking forward to create the IGT class because I've also had sedans like Kyosho SuperTen with O.S 15RX and Novarossi .12 and HPI Super Nitros and I really liked those cars for onroading. It was a shame we really couldn't race them so I moved completely to offroading. Last season I also had a K STUS with SBK21 and a CEN Arena with RB 928 which was a killer but I sold it concentrate on the buggy alone, and also possibly for this IGT class for fun and good looks of the cars.

The reason I wanted to ask about OFNA GTP is that we may need to allow also those participate to the IGT class and really know nothing about the GTP car so I'm trying to figure out if these will combine well, or not. You may have experience on this, especially in the Box Stock -class. What's your experience?

Like you said I also suspect the 2-speed is at it's best with the stock engine so it won't blow off like it would propably happen with real race engines after a while. That said I'm leaning to start the box stock class, and if we are getting trouble with the stock .28 engines then we need to find a replacement that's not too powerful and is cheap to maintain. Propably some popular .21, and an offroad one because of the reasons you mentioned above (heavy car etc)

Any figures of participation so far in the box stock and other classes? Good luck guys and happy racing. Looking forward to hear more from you.

Last edited by MikaR; 01-07-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Wow, I just received the F430, man it's huge!! I didn't expect it being so big and impressive. Can't wait to get it running (we have snow right now uh).

Re GTP, I just read the story in Xtreme, looks like they're a good mix, IGT and GTP I mean.

Jspeed, how was the race?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

The "Kyosho Nitrofest" was a lot of fun.

It was the 1st time we raced the IGT cars here at SS Raceway in Tampa Florida. The IGT cars have been getting faster ever since. Most of us have gotten our car's lap times down to 3+ seconds faster than during "Nitrofest".

With the stock Kyosho .28 engine we're seeing lap time between 2 - 2.5 seconds of most 200mm Nitro Sedans racing on the same track. If you add the fact that they're huge, they make for some great racing action.

You're going to like your Kyosho Inferno GT car a lot too.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default Replacement parts

Hi Jspeed............it's great to see this class growing. There has been an interest in getting this class going here in the Midwest. As far as the IGT is concerned, it would be really helpful if you could post a list of parts that would be essential for the pit box. Most guys usually like to go to the track somewhat prepared for some broken parts. After afew weeks of running, I'm sure you guys are learning alot about necessary spares.

Suspension arms?
Steering knuckles?
Tie rods?
Spur gears?
Clutch parts?

Optional parts for the stock class you would suggest?

Also posting a set-up would be great as well.

The reason I'm asking all this is there are some racers who would like to participate in this class for the Midwest Series. If we could get some forsight on things the hobby shops should carry, it will help support the class alot.

I know I'm asking alot here, but it would help jump start the class here in the Midwest.

I know Kyosho America is supporting the car based on there website. There alot of guys who already have radio equipment, servo's and motors. I'm wondering if Kyosho America would consider doing just a chassis and body kit. It would save some extra money in the kits and save throwing out the radio and servo's that many guys already have. I know that people will say the kit is already pretty cheap, but heck............even saving an extra $50.00 or so would make this even more appealing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.