Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vadn1
You can always trade in the bmw, pass on the side drafts, get yourself a 2009 Toyota Prius, then you can get yourself the motor which cost more then car kit, and still have money left in your pocket....
Prius?

I'm all for conservation, but I don't think the Prius would make a good SCCA racer.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

How does the OS .21VG compare to the .28 ofna engines, wouldn't the .21 be down on power over the entire RPM range?

It would be good if the engine MSRP would go up to $250 or $260.
All I've heard about the OS 21VG engine is it comes with a 3 year warranty, makes good power and the guys racing in Mexico have great results with it as a replacement for the RTR engine. Its a buggy engine so it should have good torque and being a .21 should have a smooth powerband & good run time.

I think street price is $140-150 dollars.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Vad,

Here's a Spec class racing program that's looks like its doing very well in the UK. Granted they're real cars, but check it out. It should give you an idea of whats possible if we emulate what they're doing.

http://www.pbmwc.co.uk/

Cool stuff
Old 12-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

here's a presentation of the Hobbytech STR8 RG RTR, and the upgrade pro kit parts.

http://www.automodelisme.com/index.p...&topic=36547.0

Au revoir.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Nice rules

The OS .21VG is an excellent "Spec" engine with a warranty too

The Spec class guys in Mexico have this OS engine as an option and they have the largest GT Spec class around. No problems or fighting, just good fun.

We should learn from them too
I think there should be room for "non RTR" .28 buggy motors as long as the $200 rule still applies. Motors that come to mind, Axial, LRP, Picco, probably a few more I can't think of right now.

Otherwise they look very good.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Whatever came of the discussion about ROAR making a definition for the class this coming year? Is it still anticipated that that will happen?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

2009 Roar Rule book is out, No mention of the IGT class. One more year without rules..... woohoo...

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/..._Rule_Book.pdf
Matt... I think that this is the answer and the consensus of the people here... ROAR isn't messin' with the class... yet...
Old 12-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Arboleda
Whatever came of the discussion about ROAR making a definition for the class this coming year? Is it still anticipated that that will happen?
Originally Posted by Zootcapri
Matt... I think that this is the answer and the consensus of the people here... ROAR isn't messin' with the class... yet...
Looks like they don't want to touch it with a stick

Originally Posted by danketchpel
I think there should be room for "non RTR" .28 buggy motors as long as the $200 rule still applies. Motors that come to mind, Axial, LRP, Picco, probably a few more I can't think of right now.

Otherwise they look very good.
Some places are going with a $200 limit, no internal tech inspections and a "claimer" rule to keep internal mods under control, looks like a good trend.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks like they don't want to touch it with a stick

Some places are going with a $200 limit, no internal tech inspections and a "claimer" rule to keep internal mods under control, looks like a good trend.
Roar probably dont want to touch it because there isnt really too many company making GT class cars, but ofna and kyosho and thats probably not enough to show some interest in the class,because there too much crying over the spec class and open class cant nobody seem to come to an agreement, and it will leave out the ofna DM-1 1/7th scale car and ofna will lose business,because its the only 1/7th scale car available and the kyosho GT class cars dont want to race against it at all which I dont understand especially since the GT2 just came out, and kyosho knows that ofna will win all GT class races because of the better product,all together,if roar makes a ruling then where will kyosho stand if they allow both DM-1;s to race with kyosho then there is gonna be alot of kyosho's being burnt and put away in people garages or for sale on ebay!!! guaranteed everybody wants to be a winner indeed!!!! just my opinion!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BiggDogg33
Roar probably dont want to touch it because there isnt really too many company making GT class cars, but ofna and kyosho and thats probably not enough to show some interest in the class,because there too much crying over the spec class and open class cant nobody seem to come to an agreement, and it will leave out the ofna DM-1 1/7th scale car and ofna will lose business,because its the only 1/7th scale car available and the kyosho GT class cars dont want to race against it at all which I dont understand especially since the GT2 just came out, and kyosho knows that ofna will win all GT class races because of the better product,all together,if roar makes a ruling then where will kyosho stand if they allow both DM-1;s to race with kyosho then there is gonna be alot of kyosho's being burnt and put away in people garages or for sale on ebay!!! guaranteed everybody wants to be a winner indeed!!!! just my opinion!!!!
I ran qualifiers with Vad running a DM1 at Homestead and car size wasn't a problem; you could hardly tell from the driver's stand.

He did have an advantage over the "Stockers", only because he was running a hot-rod engine.

Vad, if you would have had that shift point lower or a lower spur set, you would have made the pack look real ugly
Old 12-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Regarding the GT class Rules, Why wait for ROAR. Elect a few guys to make the rules, have reasonable rules made and follow the rules, or one can wait till 2010 to see if ROAR will make any rules.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

You want that job?
Old 12-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Gt Is ready

Finally my gt is ready to race also ready for them hot rodder motors .
Old 12-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Good luck at the money race, its nice to hold $100 bucks and the flag at Ronnie's
Old 12-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You want that job?

Last edited by vadn1; 12-24-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.