Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
My track in France >

My track in France

My track in France

Old 09-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Is that all you got?

Don’t we live in the richest country in the world, or is that just the crap we have been brainwashed to believe all our lives?

Could it be that all of those other countries with outrageous tracks are more organized than us?

Someone’s to blame for not growing our sport, should we really keep supporting them?
Actually I think it;s the poorest country in the world considering the national dept.
But hey, lets spend $100 Billion on the space program a year instead.............
Old 09-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Dream Tracks

There is a reason why “it is what it is” here in America with many track projects.

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to build a European “Ribbon” style track across the street from an NFL stadium complex; not in the middle of BFE.

The track project was going very well with the Mayor, Civic Leaders and Parks & Recreation planning personnel too. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to show “documented statistical information” regarding the amount of R/C racers that exist in America that would use the facility.

For some reason, “the powers that were” did not want to share any RC racer information.

Since no “demographical & statistical” data was available to prove its value to the local Government, the project was scrapped due to poor “public expense vs. public usage ratio”

No club should ever loose a “dream track” because of lack of support of a “sanctioning” body.

The people that have been successful in RC track builds should all be honored for their achievements and dedication to our sport to have fought the good fight for us all.

Now that I’m with RC Pro Series, we’re keeping records to assist individuals with such RC track projects. We’re currently helping 2 groups with new track builds in hi-public-visibility areas that will help make RC racing more accessible to the “general public’s” view. This is what our sport needs if it is to grow.

I’m very proud to be part of RC Pro Series and we’re all “in it” to promote our sport to greater public awareness.

Nitro Beach Track Project, Puerto Rico

SS Speedway Track Project, Tampa Florida

Last edited by Jspeed; 09-23-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What more do I need?

No, I think the richest country in the world is Sweden.

That's not it either. You're not even close.

Blame? Why assign blame? It is what it is.

i know this is a little off topic but did anyone notice

US dollar 0.9985 = Canadian dollar 1.0015
Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

so, most of the french tracks are made with public helps...

My club track was build in 2004 in a public park called "Base verte", near the track, there's a big lake, tennis court, rugby and soccer field.....

Beside the onroad track, there's the offroad track, we are two clubs (On and Off road).

We have the project of building 2 tracks, and we have debate with local governors. After 2 years of negociations about the benfit one the young peoples (outside activities versus Playstation!!!!), about the honor for a town like Toulouse to often have French championships......Local administration decide to give us this awesome complex....

The cost of the 2 tracks is around 200.000 €.

We visit the town mayor, then the president of the region, the admistration for young people and the administartion for the sports.... A lot of politic people to tell us how RC Car can be a benefit for adolescent. not in the strret, not in alcohol, not in front of TV....

Au revoir.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Track in France

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello from France,

My club track was build in 2004 in a public park called "Base verte", near the track, there's a big lake, tennis court, rugby and soccer field.....

Beside the onroad track, there's the offroad track, we are two clubs (On and Off road).

We have the project of building 2 tracks, and we have debate with local governors. After 2 years of negociations about the benfit one the young peoples (outside activities versus Playstation!!!!), about the honor for a town like Toulouse to often have French championships......Local administration decide to give us this awesome complex....

We visit the town mayor, then the president of the region, the admistration for young people and the administartion for the sports.... A lot of politic people to tell us how RC Car can be a benefit for adolescent. not in the strret, not in alcohol, not in front of TV....

Au revoir.
Does your track have a website?
If not do you have any pictures you can post here?
Old 09-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello from France,

Au revoir.
Thanks for the information.

200,000 Euro = ~ $281,700.06 US
Old 09-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Track in France

Hello from France,

Au revoir.
Romuald31,

Where did the 200.000 € for your 2 tracks come from?
Was it the club member's money or did you get support from your local government?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Romuald31,

Where did the 200.000 € for your 2 tracks come from?
Was it the club member's money or did you get support from your local government?
A lot of governments contribute to RC around the USA, people usually don't put forth the effort to get through the red tape though. I can think of at least 3 tracks on fair grounds so their rent is next to nothing but I don't believe any of them have actually been able to pry 200 grand out of the city/county so it is still a large private investment.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Dream Track in France

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
A lot of governments contribute to RC around the USA, people usually don't put forth the effort to get through the red tape though. I can think of at least 3 tracks on fair grounds so their rent is next to nothing but I don't believe any of them have actually been able to pry 200 grand out of the city/county so it is still a large private investment.
Let’s see what our new friend from France has to say about where the money to build the TWO monster tracks came from.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default Dream Tracks

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
Do you think an organization that has been “sanctioning” racing events for the past 30 years should be able to put together some kind of a marketing or promotional department to help clubs to “cut thru the red tape” to further the growth of our sport?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Do you think an organization that has been “sanctioning” racing events for the past 30 years should be able to put together some kind of a marketing or promotional department to help clubs to “cut thru the red tape” to further the growth of our sport?
Real subtle bro.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 09-24-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Just calling a spade a spade

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Real subtle bro.
Subtle don't build super tracks in America does it?

You want to know why RC has never gone "mainstream" in America, well there you go.

“It is what it is”, right?

I'm just calling a spade a spade.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Subtle don't build super tracks in America does it?

You want to know why RC has never gone "mainstream" in America, well there you go.

“It is what it is”, right?

I'm just calling a spade a spade.

While their Web site states that, "ROAR is the official U.S./Canadian sanctioning body for racing R/C cars". I guess it begs the question, "Who died and made them boss?" It's not like someone can't startup an "alternate" sanctioning body for R/C racing in the U.S. and Canada. Perhaps that someone is you.

I personally don't really expect much from ROAR. They provide the rules and insurance. We need both in order to race. For $35/year, I have no complaints. It is a non-profit organization.

To what degree the 4500 members of ROAR expect the committee to promote R/C racing is beyond me. Are we suppose to see ads on TV and hear them on the radio? Are they suppose to be hosting promotional events in exhibition halls and other racing events? Are they suppose to be lobbying local government officials to build race tracks? Exactly how close to someone's house does a track have to be built before it's deemed convenient for travel? Is a 3-4 hour drive acceptable? Does one have to be built in every county?

It's easy enough to set membership quotas, but is that realistic? It's like making a quota to get more people to play golf or tennis. What about tracking increases and decreases in sales to keep tracks and hobby shops open? Is anyone willing to share that information? Will gross figures be enough or do have to categorize sales? (i.e. new vs maintenance/upkeep) Seriously - What type of metric would reflect a satisfactory budget and level of effort promote R/C?

Some people are much happier accepting "It it was it is" and being complacent, than opening up the proverbial can of worms by saying, "It is what you make it" and having to be proactive. I know that you and many others have been proactive and fighting that upstream battle - but I don't believe that ROAR is going to be or should be expected to be, the catalyst for shaping the future of R/C racing in this country.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 09-25-2007 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

This is the track I run in the UK. The building at the top of the picture is the trackside shop, which now has been extended twice the size since this picture was taken.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...aerial0075.jpg
Old 09-25-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default It ain't what it could be, yet....

Jonrg,

Great track!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rmdhawaii,

While your last post deserves much merit, it doesn’t justify the current status of On-Road RC racing in America.

As a member of RC Pro Series, we promote our sport for the benefit of our loyal racers, participating manufacturers and the very future of RC racing.

It’s not enough for a sanctioning body to just make rules, provide insurance and merely schedule events; it is the duty of any racing organization to strive for the growth, excellence and the future popularity of its sport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.