Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
My track in France >

My track in France

My track in France

Old 09-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

if i had a race track like that nearby, i will spend every single of my money on R/C cars
Old 09-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Do the racers practice their tecktonik dance moves in the pits?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

P.S. Nice track.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello from France,

I want to share with you the place where I race.
We are 200 in this club.

These movies were made during the fourth round of the 1/8 French championship, 9/10 june at Toulouse (south west of france, where the Airbus are built!!)

The track is 360m long and 5m large.
- 1/8 track record: 18"67
- 1/10 sedan: 20"20

Enjoy a typical European track...

http://www.dailymotion.com/elgat08/v...lisme-nol_auto

http://www.dailymotion.com/elgat08/v...tes-nolla_auto

http://www.dailymotion.com/elgat08/v...hee-nolla_auto

Au revoir
That's an amazing facility, how much do you pay to race there for club races and large events?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

WoW

I sure wish onroad was as big here as offroad is. Maybe track owners would dump more money into a REAL track and not a DirtPit.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default His track in France

I was just saying, we need to work on building more tracks like that here.

The pictures of some of the tracks in Europe are just incredible; somebody has to know somebody in local government parks & recreations that’s an RC racing junky too.

We do have some of the nicest “Pad’ tracks like “The Fort”, Kissimmee, Cincinnati, SV and over the country. The only “Ribbon” track that I’ve ever seen is “Time Zone” up in the northwest.

If anyone knows somebody at a “Watkins Glenn”, “Sonoma” or a place like that, we should work on that. A “Ribbon” track would just fit into the landscape.

If anybody has ideas on locations, contact RC Pro. We’ll try to help with proposals.

Our name stands for RC Promotions, if we had tracks in America, it would be easier to promote; everybody like park-like settings too.

Yea, I know, another “shameless’ plug for RC Pro, we’ll try to help with your proposals.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
I was just saying, we need to work on building more tracks like that here.

One concept to work on, would be a municipal on-road R/C Track - much like a municipal golf course, skate park, campground, etc. With enough homework, it would be possible to template the proposal and construction, but getting it through the bureaucracy would be quite challenging - and there would have to be enough community support. A "How to get your local government to build your R/C track guide" would definitely have to be included.

Some people think that private equity is the way to go, but there is that annoying issue of "return on investment" that can pretty much kill any R/C track project. I don't think the current business model passes the financial feasibility test. IMO, the ability for people to rent gear (like golf clubs, skis, etc.) would be something to look into. I think it's the best way to get people interested in the hobby/sport without having to laydown a considerable amount of cash or have any expertise.

Non-R/C corporation coprorate sponsorship might work - but who in their right mind would sponsor an R/C track?? I'm just kidding, I'm sure it's possible.

The only other model that I can think of at the moment, is the "employee-owner" model, where the racers themselves invest money into their own track and help maintain it. Perhaps first year investment fees (new members) and then a fraction of that after the first year for upkeep and maintence/repairs split amoungst all invested members. Perhaps a referral scheme can be worked out so that people can get back some (or all) of their initial investment without starting to turn a profit.

Just some ideas...
Old 09-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

IN all honesty we spend more actually because we build tracks on slabs of asphalt and not lanes with in-line grass. In actuality if the inners were fake grass it would be better for the track management too.

I run on a nice track in NEW YORK but I have visited some amazing tracks like Cincinnati, Toledo, Maryland 301 and a few others to name a few. It is what it is and IF I Had more money to give to my club believe me we would have the sickest most wicked kick ass track.

And now back to reality I am not rich I am OK and I dont have millions to spend so like one of the others posted "IT IS WHAT IT IS" ! ! !

We need promotion and assistance from all to make this Sport grow.

Racers
Manufacturers
Hobby Shops
Community
RACERS

In order to develop as a well oiled machine we first need to learn to be a team all of the above. Racers spend tons of money on equipment and travel and most dont invest 30 minutes in their own clubs existence. I could go on and on why we have what we have and many of you that really have heard my opinions on this subject or read them here before understand and know the seriousness of this subject to me. There are those that wish to excel in the hobby and their are those that wish the hobby to excel. The problem is which one are YOU ! ! ! There is a fine line in the sand and it is easy to cross to the dark-side but view points are really hard to mend and merge but our goals of being in the mainstream are not IMPOSSIBLE we need to get a chance to shine and show more out there what the Sport has to offer once this is realized a lot of things can then be accomplished. Until then and only then will things be groomed and tailored for success......

These guys have a beautiful track and it is what they have because they strive to get where they are and realized the buttons that needed to be pushed. We have the buttons but it is hard to push the right ones because people are afraid. I say FEAR is not a good character for man and we as men and women of-course need to learn to take the challenge and sometimes dive in and attack instead of waiting to be on the offensive all the time.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

No, I think the richest country in the world is Sweden.

yep

and iv seen some tracks over there that are so cool.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Sweet track !! Nice Video, thanks for sharing !!!!

I built a grass infield track .... not many liked it because there wasn't any wall to keep them on the track when they screwed up.

Of course it wasn't anywhere near as nice as that!!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

One concept to work on, would be a municipal on-road R/C Track - much like a municipal golf course, skate park, campground, etc. With enough homework, it would be possible to template the proposal and construction, but getting it through the bureaucracy would be quite challenging - and there would have to be enough community support. A "How to get your local government to build your R/C track guide" would definitely have to be included.

Some people think that private equity is the way to go, but there is that annoying issue of "return on investment" that can pretty much kill any R/C track project. I don't think the current business model passes the financial feasibility test. IMO, the ability for people to rent gear (like golf clubs, skis, etc.) would be something to look into. I think it's the best way to get people interested in the hobby/sport without having to laydown a considerable amount of cash or have any expertise.

Non-R/C corporation coprorate sponsorship might work - but who in their right mind would sponsor an R/C track?? I'm just kidding, I'm sure it's possible.

The only other model that I can think of at the moment, is the "employee-owner" model, where the racers themselves invest money into their own track and help maintain it. Perhaps first year investment fees (new members) and then a fraction of that after the first year for upkeep and maintence/repairs split amoungst all invested members. Perhaps a referral scheme can be worked out so that people can get back some (or all) of their initial investment without starting to turn a profit.

Just some ideas...
We had assistance from a non RC sponsor and it only took myself and a few other time and a few thousand of our own personal money to get things started. We grabbed the bull by the horns failure is only a word, but your ideas can only be greeted with a response of sounds good or not interested.

We often can do things with members but it takes time for members to realize how important a track and having a home is. We almost went without a home if not for a few of my really true friends helping and supporting me when I pitched my ideas. Many believed it could not be done some of the many that did not believe thought I was only blowing smoke and not serious and did not realize that as a soldier I refuse to fail and so I treat life the very same. You have to put together a positive plan and believe in it and when talked about use the current tense to let people realize that you mean what you say. The haters and the back stabbers will always be there but in life there are ways to deal with a snake, without a head a snake can do no damage.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice track. To bad we don't have a track like that in northern calif...........YET
Old 09-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

Wanna beat that small French track ??? .... this guy can commit 200 - 500 million to build a race track !!

Originally Posted by pro_rc.racer
I would like to get some feedback from members

I am seriously considering constructing multiple Pro-Racing venues to take this hobby to the next level Pro- Racing for cash prizes (large cash prizes)

Each venue would have several tracks and cover probably 10- 15 acres with seating for spectators, a full hobby shop...the works!

I envision starting this in the U.S. and expanding worldwide over a period of years. I have not raced in a couple of decades, and therefore need some experienced people to help with track design venue layouts and everything else. I can commit 200-500 million to this project. I hope to employ a bunch of good people that are excited about this sport.

If you are interested, in being a part of this, or would just like to offer some comments please email me at [email protected]
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...27#post3359327
Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

KZ speedway is a "ribbon" type track in LA
Old 09-22-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 301 Raceway

for some of you that havent been to 301 Raceway in MD, let me tell you that it is a top of the line european style track....

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello from France,

I want to share with you the place where I race.
We are 200 in this club.

These movies were made during the fourth round of the 1/8 French championship, 9/10 june at Toulouse (south west of france, where the Airbus are built!!)

The track is 360m long and 5m large.
- 1/8 track record: 18"67
- 1/10 sedan: 20"20

Enjoy a typical European track...

http://www.dailymotion.com/elgat08/v...lisme-nol_auto

http://www.dailymotion.com/elgat08/v...tes-nolla_auto

http://www.dailymotion.com/elgat08/v...hee-nolla_auto

Au revoir

BTW romuald31, nice track and videos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.