2007 IFMAR 1/8 On-Road World Championships: Oct 4-14

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Suspended

what happened to serpent...damn we were close...CONGRATS COLLARI AND KYOSHO
Old 10-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

i wish i where in that racing class but id have to sell 2 of my kids just for driving & tunning lessons & 2more just to get to the race congrats to everyone who participated
Old 10-14-2007, 12:09 AM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

congrats team kyosho!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what happened to Massimo i heard his engine broke in half is this true
Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TomB
what.............the..........hell.........happene d.......to..............mugen..................
At this level cars don't make that much of a difference. It is all about fingers...

Anyone doubts that Collari would win with any top car or any top engine?

Mugen had the biggest number of drivers in the worlds with 38 cars, followed by Serpent with 25 and Kyosho with 23. Why only one Mugen made it to the final?

Because Mugen doesn't have the best drivers and they don't work as a team in international competitions.

The best drivers are always with Kyosho. They know that cars that win on Sunday, sell on Monday...

Mugen will not win big competitions unless they dedicate themselves at a professional level for World Championships and hire a few of the best drivers around. And Ninja engines still have to improve...
Old 10-14-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruicortez
At this level cars don't make that much of a difference. It is all about fingers...

Mugen had the biggest number of drivers in the worlds with 38 cars, followed by Serpent with 25 and Kyosho with 23. Why only one Mugen made it to the final?

Because Mugen doesn't have the best drivers and they don't work as a team in international competitions.

The best drivers are always with Kyosho. They know that cars that win on Sunday, sell on Monday...

Mugen will not win big competitions unless they dedicate themselves at a professional level for World Championships and hire a few of the best drivers around. And Ninja engines still have to improve...
hmmm. mugen at the tourer worlds was the only manufacturer to provide free spare parts to the normal non sponsored guys, but yeah i agree kyosho seems to have a good team system. Mugen though also displayed the setups of the drivers to all other mugen guys whilst kyosho did not i believe. Mugen is not as big as kyosho in worldwide standards though, got to keep this in mind.

anyway collari is the man, no doubt about it. what's collari like anyway in the pits? is he a friendly bloke?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruicortez

Agreed! Mugen really does not have the funding to hire big names. They really have to think about their sponsor drivers' resume.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the great update guys. The last few minutes is the best, since I went on mylab.com and check out the results. Pretty much Chris was leading the whole race till the last few minutes. Him and Collari was fighting it out. And also from the results, Chris did not take in any tires in the mid point, but still he did a great job.

Congrate to all the drivers!! Nice show....wish I was there.
I guess Mugen, better luck next time.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitroHead
I know all the teams went down to test @ the Argentina location. You can blame the ninja's but the truth is many running mugen were not running them. They ran JP's and Novas as well. It's really surprising they didn't do better, because this is Mugen's 'new' car. Well I guess we'll see the 4RXM soon.
Well we know that Kyosho has the best drivers and has the biggest budget when we talk about WC Races in all classes (on or off-road).
I really was surprised with the Mugen result...Seems that the "new" version did not worked well.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wascheck
Well we know that Kyosho has the best drivers and has the biggest budget when we talk about WC Races in all classes (on or off-road).
I really was surprised with the Mugen result...Seems that the "new" version did not worked well.
I've been reading all these post about what happend. U guys really have no idea what when wrong. There is nothing wrong with the Mugen. The X car is great!!!! Until u race in a worlds and c what goes on u'll never know. If the Mugen was such a bad car, how come Kyosho and Serpent coppied it? Both look like Mugens in the rear. Don't get me wrong, I think all the cars r great! All the cars copy each other in 1 way or another. But if u take a close look, u'll c how much the cars look like the Mugen.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Pooh2 ,
I agree with you that the cars are copies from each other. I like Mugen a lot and gona stay with them. I only said that they did not worked well in Argentina. They weren't as fast as the other brands...just that.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 IFMAR 1/8 On-Road World Championships: Oct 4-14-cordoba.jpg  
Old 10-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

your right about that. if i'm not mistaken, they have a small team compared to others
Old 10-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

LOL You're saying that basically mugen won because Kyosho and sepent copied the MRX4? Thats just funny. What happend in 2003 and 2005, then?

Mugen for whatever reason coulnt get it together, get over it. There's always next worlds. Collari would have won with any car, the fact that he did it again with a kyosho just shows that the Evolva is as capable as any car. He would have won with a 960 or MRX4-X.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Pooh2 ,
I agree with you that the cars are copies from each other. I like Mugen a lot and gona stay with them. I only said that they did not worked well in Argentina. They weren't as fast as the other brands...just that.
actually the car was not the problem it was motor issues for most participants just my theory the cars are basically the same
Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
LOL You're saying that basically mugen won because Kyosho and sepent copied the MRX4? Thats just funny. What happend in 2003 and 2005, then?

Mugen for whatever reason coulnt get it together, get over it. There's always next worlds. Collari would have won with any car, the fact that he did it again with a kyosho just shows that the Evolva is as capable as any car. He would have won with a 960 or MRX4-X.
They r all good cars. And Mugen does have world class drivers. Just sometimes things don't workout 4 1 reason or another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.