Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 On Road Fuel Sedan Nationals..Porter, TX

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

We have all those things at our track and I can say it makes things quite nice. I have made it to Gulf Coast twice in the past year and it is a fun place to race.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds like a fun race can’t wait.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Micheal P, the owners are just really good people. and yes,They spoil us.....I dont mind
Old 10-27-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

It's true it's very true. gulf coast rarceway is the place to be on weekends there is nothing but fun I enjoy going there every weekend everyone there is just awsome

H RODRIGUEZ
Old 10-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Track was awesome today.....Tire wear is pretty reasonale at 1.5 mm (on the load side) in 15 minutes of "pedal-to-the-metal" running and traction was as good as it gets.........and that is without absolutely no surface treatment.

The track just keeps getting better and better as the big weekend nears.

The Nats will certainly be an event to remember!!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

will be there testing new car
Old 10-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

What make of car is it
Old 10-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

looks and sounds like there are a few racers going to the X ray car. Hummm
Old 10-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah! I hear there are quite a few drivers jumping to the dark side.....There must be something about the X-ray making these guys abandon Kyosho. My guess is that Kyosho and X-Ray will have a good number of cars at the Nats....Not many drivers running MTX4 anymore....What's going on with Mugen?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Plenty of guys still run the MTX4, it just seems like things get very regional. Out here in the west, Mugen is the most common car and almost nobody runs the X-ray car.

I also think this nats is going to be a very good battle between Kyosho and the X-ray car. This takes into account the thought that Mike Swauger will not be racing. I am sure Serpent will make a decent showing as well with Paolo, Scotty, and DJ but I still think it will come down to the few top X-ray guys against the few top Kyosho drivers.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Erchur
Not many drivers running MTX4 anymore....What's going on with Mugen?
What's going on with Mugen? Good question. Just look at the past 1/8th Worlds in Cordoba. Mugen was nowhere. Why?

Over here more and more Mugen team drivers are quitting the team for one simple reason. Ninja engines!

Nobody is allowed to run anything but Ninja engines in a factory ride (except B.Baker) and those engines just don't cut it.

They stank at the Euros in Lostallo and after that, quite a few drivers decided not to go to Argentina.

I think this situation is affecting 1/10th racer just the same.

These engines are either down on power, or they won't make run time. Both problems are not really encouraging for top level racers.

This is my opinion by observing what is going on over here, so no flaming necessary.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Default No racing for me but I will be there to film the races

Been waiting for this one to come around since Tommy P told me about it when I was filming the Biggie a few months back. I've added 2 more cameras and done 30 or so videos since then so this set will be much better than the Biggie vids. Thought I'd only know a few people that were driving but after looking at the list I recognize several names from VRC racing events I've been in. I've been there to film a couple of off-road events next door to the on-road track and the facility is off the hook. Its cooled off nicely here now and the air is much drier. I doubt the weather will interfere with the races. But as my brother always says you never know in Houston. I took a good look at the track for possible camera spots last time I was there. Its a pretty sweet layout. For camera guys and racing. I'm hoping for a nice clear fall day with lots of sunshine to get the best video possible. Anyone know what time the mains start on Sunday? I wanted to come down for Sat and Sun but its not going to be possible. So I'm going to have to leave the Austin area real early to get down there in time to get set up. Those of you who haven't been there yet I'm pretty sure you'll forget all about how much it costs once you see the place. Jeff will make sure everything is just right. I just wish it was next weekend I hate those last weeks before a big race time goes by so slow seems like.

Griz
Old 10-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

can't wait to see you there griz....happy filming bro!!! it is much appreciated!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hey Paul what's up

I thought you were a dyed in the wool off-roader Yea it will be nice to get back down to that track. I love the place. I keep threatning my brother that I'm gonna move in with him so I won't have to drive so far to get there. I'm not much of a city dweller though so I'm afraid Houston would be a big shock to me. I had 10 deer sleeping in my backyard last night. Kinda hard to trade that for concrete and cars. Got some killer vid in San Antonio last weekend. Finally everything worked great. So going into filming the Nats I'm feeling pretty good about the outcome. Wanted to get down there for the last race but money is getting tighter each month seems like. Wanted to get in a set from the track. Its always easier after you have been to a track once before. But I did spend an hour or so when I was there for the Roar off-road race checking out the track so hopefully the usual 1st time at a track errors will be minimal. I should have on of my new banners on the old EZ-UP. I'll be easy to spot come by. Just stocked up on the 'almost famous' ProMoFo stickers so I'll have plenty of those as well.

Griz
Old 10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Plenty of guys still run the MTX4, it just seems like things get very regional. Out here in the west, Mugen is the most common car and almost nobody runs the X-ray car.

I also think this nats is going to be a very good battle between Kyosho and the X-ray car. This takes into account the thought that Mike Swauger will not be racing. I am sure Serpent will make a decent showing as well with Paolo, Scotty, and DJ but I still think it will come down to the few top X-ray guys against the few top Kyosho drivers.

Nice!!!! Good Observation!!

Hey Bilo the suite is Black!!!!------------------------------------NOT!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.