Wiki Posts
Search

tuning issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 12:06 AM
bt
Tech Adept

Default tuning issue

Iwas hoping somebody could help with a tuning problem i was having the engine(s1JP)the problem is the motor wont idle consistantly and acts rich no matter how much you lean it i have replaced everything rod,piston&sleeve(s3) cleaned and rebuilt the carb, fuel lines, fuel tank everything exhaust is new tpo5 gaskets good fuelis also good works well in other cars and motors,and when i mean rich in the bottom end and wont idle the motor is having trouble reaching 60 degrees c no matter howmuch i lean it(1 turn on the bottom) the car is a sepent impulse pro any help appreciated.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:42 AM
bt
Tech Adept

anybody got any ideas why is it so rich,cold with lean settings wont idle but revs thru clean.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

How long are you warming it up for? or can it not even last long enough to warm up. Does it like to die when you are removing the glow ignitor, or does the glow ignitor make a difference? This sounds confusing, and no offense, but a bit of a brain fart on your part of one tiny detail. Either that, or a major flub up on the manufacturer's side.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:44 AM
bt
Tech Adept

the motor runs when you rev it or light load but it stalls when you get off it>IT may be as you elegantly put it a brain fart on my part but so far where stumped im going to try my fuel tank again and exhaust,as you can rev the motor for 5 minutes on the box and its lucky to see over 60 celsius thanks for the reply all thoughts appreciated.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

Is it very humid where u are?
is the top needle set ok?
Have u tried fresh fuel?
Have u tried a different type of plug? (heat)

first thing to try would be some fresh fuel.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:46 AM
bt
Tech Adept

some times it stalls when you remove the igniter but it can be made to idle witha ridiculously high idle keep in mind this is now a brand new motor
Old 05-04-2003, 02:50 AM
bt
Tech Adept

done all those things have tested the fuel, plugs etc all in other motors as well and all is good as i have said the tank and the exhaust need a 2nd look but things looked good the first time
Old 05-04-2003, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

what about humidity?
will it actually drive off crisp and clear, like u accel, and it takes off with out bogging?

cause some motors wont actually idle as low as the clutch wants them to, like my motor, so i have to pull my apart some day soon
Old 05-04-2003, 03:27 AM
Tech Addict

Try this

richen your low end, and see if it actually gets richer.

if it does how it should

go buy a new carb

i thought it over for ages, and thats the only thing i can think of is your low end needle is broken.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:19 PM
bt
Tech Adept

thanks for the replys v one s im thinking the same thing because ive gone over the tank(replaced it) and exhaust and its the only thing i can think off.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default tuning issues

I saw this before on a Brand new Sirio .12, where the low end needle made no difference. Problem was the Piston and sleeve were not sufficiantly broken in yet.
Lean out the top end to get the Temp up. Then when you've got a few more tanks through the Engine the Low speed needle should come into play.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:35 PM
bt
Tech Adept

thanks pops racer i will give it a try at the moment i will try anything because as you say trying to get the temp up is a concernlucky for it to go over 60c see how i go thanks
Old 05-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

What kind of shape is your clutch in? If you have a malfuntioning clutch you would have similar problems to what you are having. Just an idea.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default Way too cold

60C = 140F WAY too cold.

You should be at 100C minimum (200-220F) during break-in. Close the High speed Needle a few hours at a time until the Temperature come up a bit. Then just follow your regular proceedure for engine break-in.

good luck,
Old 05-05-2003, 05:34 PM
bt
Tech Adept

Default we finally got it

thanks to those who added their comments it gave something to think about and chew over, it looks like we fixed it we took the jp carb off put another carb on and the motor finally held a good tune went to about 100c and stayed consistant and did not stall now just need to find out whatwas wrong with the jp carb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.