R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
Tech Master
 
RCRjuanabbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 1,586
Default Tracks in Norfolk VA?

Is there any on road track around Norfolk, VA. ?
Also there was a small Off road track inside the Naval Base, Is it still around?
info please....
RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
JetMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 1,172
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

As far as I know, there aren't any onroad tracks near Norfolk. There is a Debbies rc world in Chesapeake that has a really nice indoor carpet track and they are looking to build an outdoor onroad and offroad track but they haven't got them built yet. Maybe next summer.

Some of the guys that live in your area come to richmond and race onroad at our track: www.vorra.org We have a decent sized parking lot track and we race 1st and 3rd sundays of the month with classes for all types of vehicles and skill levels. This weekends race had to be cancelled though. If you look at our forum, you can talk to the guys in your area and keep track of when our races will be.

The guys from your area also go to 301 in Brandywine MD that has a premiere onroad track. Definitely worth the trip. Check here to get info on it: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98754

Hope to see you in Richmond sometime.
__________________
www.vorra.org

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
RCRjuanabbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 1,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD View Post
As far as I know, there aren't any onroad tracks near Norfolk. There is a Debbies rc world in Chesapeake that has a really nice indoor carpet track and they are looking to build an outdoor onroad and offroad track but they haven't got them built yet. Maybe next summer.

Some of the guys that live in your area come to richmond and race onroad at our track: www.vorra.org We have a decent sized parking lot track and we race 1st and 3rd sundays of the month with classes for all types of vehicles and skill levels. This weekends race had to be cancelled though. If you look at our forum, you can talk to the guys in your area and keep track of when our races will be.

The guys from your area also go to 301 in Brandywine MD that has a premiere onroad track. Definitely worth the trip. Check here to get info on it: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98754

Hope to see you in Richmond sometime.
I will visit you guys sometime. Debbies has been saying they will build the tracks since 2004. it ain't going to happen. so 301 or Richmond so far.
I heard there is a track out there at Roanoke. is that true?
RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
Tech Master
 
theRED5's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: near Athens,GA
Posts: 1,022
Default

Did I hear right that VA started an $1100.00, speeding surcharge besides the fine for speeding, and a mile per hour fine over the limit fee?

If this is true, I'll have to be going around VA to get where I'm going !
__________________
I [I]AM [/I]the Driver !

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:44 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
JetMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 1,172
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRED5 View Post
Did I hear right that VA started an $1100.00, speeding surcharge besides the fine for speeding, and a mile per hour fine over the limit fee?

If this is true, I'll have to be going around VA to get where I'm going !
I know they've come up with some kind of additional charges for speeding but don't remember how much it is. I have been hearing on the news that a couple lawyers are fighting this.

As far as Roanoke, I haven't heard anything about a track there.
__________________
www.vorra.org

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
cheesewhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I don't know if this is worth mentioning... cause I am not in favor of crappy hobbytown at all... but they do hold what they call races in a musical chair fashion in va beach, newport news, and richmond. Last time I took out my G4 some kid smashed the hell out of my rear end, driving me into the wall that snapped the car in half... but at least its a place where you can run sedans...

I would say the drive to the 301 raceway is well worth the trip, as well as the vorra track in richmond. The debbies track will never come. I've lost faith in them last year.. or was it the year before???
cheesewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
va_connoisseur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 375
Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesewhip View Post
I don't know if this is worth mentioning... cause I am not in favor of crappy hobbytown at all... but they do hold what they call races in a musical chair fashion in va beach, newport news, and richmond. Last time I took out my G4 some kid smashed the hell out of my rear end, driving me into the wall that snapped the car in half... but at least its a place where you can run sedans...

I would say the drive to the 301 raceway is well worth the trip, as well as the vorra track in richmond. The debbies track will never come. I've lost faith in them last year.. or was it the year before???
Gotta agree with Cheesewhip. I'm from Chesapeake and still come home once a month to visit the fam. The Hobbytown races are very poorly run and typically turn into demolision derby (at least the 2 I have seen at the Va Beach and Pennisula stores).

The drive to MD is well worth it to race at 301. And the VORRA guys put on a really good show up in Richmond as well. Go over to the Racing forum and check the threads there.
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
cheesewhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Hey, vice president of vorra,
do y'all run on any other days than sunday??
cheesewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
JetMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 1,172
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Nope. 1st and 3rd sundays only this year. But we are also having a race on July 29th as well to make up for a rained out race.
__________________
www.vorra.org

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
va_connoisseur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 375
Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur
Default

WOW! That's a nice picture you have for your avatar.
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
JetMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 1,172
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I know isn't it? Thanks again!
__________________
www.vorra.org

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any tracks in nor*cal? sucker1 Track Locator Forum 4 11-14-2009 10:37 PM
RCP Tracks Enzok R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 11-25-2007 06:14 PM
Tracks in Norfolk VA? RCRjuanabbe Track Locator Forum 3 09-14-2007 07:11 PM
Tracks in Norfolk VA? RCRjuanabbe Racing Forum 1 07-12-2007 07:07 PM
757 Race/Bash in Norfolk, VA. fav0re Track Locator Forum 16 08-19-2006 07:46 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net