Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Florida Winternats

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M7H
Really strange to see you don't have any picture of the 1/8 A-main podium...... in which our fellow dutchman RickV finished 3rd......
correct we are sorry to but due the pause in the day,
the races all start later and we hat a plane to catch
Old 02-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default starter box delima

Hey jeff Doug is probably still pulling his hair out because of that box.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default congrats

Congrats to everyone at the race . Ivan it was a pleasure meeting you and the wife team kamikaze you guys are cool as hell, and all my brooklyn hobby homies weel done. Oh yeah about the lead singer we're still looking but we are only paying minimum wage.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by p1pioneer
That has to be the worst designed starter box of all time. I am now bald
Old 02-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Congrats to everyone at the race . Ivan it was a pleasure meeting you and the wife team kamikaze you guys are cool as hell, and all my brooklyn hobby homies weel done. Oh yeah about the lead singer we're still looking but we are only paying minimum wage.
i sing but minimum wage
Old 02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Yow Wayne waddup man, long time no see. I c u doing the damn thing down there at the Winternats. Will u guys be going to the US Open Champ. in Kissimmee?

Kurt.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Pelico wussup homey ? man i try to represent but my nerves usually get the best of me, but everything is good here and yes i'm planning to make the race at kraceway and the nationals at the fort.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Pelico wussup homey ? man i try to represent but my nerves usually get the best of me, but everything is good here and yes i'm planning to make the race at kraceway and the nationals at the fort.
whats up wayne? it was nice seeing you on saturday. i will be at homestaed tomorrow... hopefully i will see you there.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well this years race is over. I must say this race was some of the best competition I have seen. The mains were excellent. It is always fun at these races getting to see all the drivers from all over the US and in the case the World. All the racers, Pit Personal did an excellent job all week long. The starts of the mains were pretty clean and I did not see that turn 1 pile up.

First in the sedans Jeff Whiting did an excellent job bumping 2 times after having a rough time qualifing, and as the mains went higher the racing was closer. The A-main was almost a 4 car battle to the end. Mike's engine went bang, then Paolo crew did an excellent job considers the fueling strap braking. But hats off the Ralph for his win. Paul L showed again why he was one of the best. Tough luck to Chris for his tire problem. Could have been a 5 car battle. Really want to see something close look at the qualifing times. It just does not get any closer than that.

Then in the Masters class, this class really was anybodys to win. All the qualifing was close and Eli was just a little faster than the rest. In the A-main Eli and Jim had a great battle never getting more than a couple of seconds a part until the biggest crash of the week. When it was over Jim held on for a back to back Championship. Hats off to Don Jones for fighting his was back to get second. Randy Colvin always in every race he races. I always wonder when he will finally win the Big one! Hope I am around to see it.

Then in 1/8th scale. To many great races to talk about. Some of the lower mains came down to the last minute. In the A-main Mike and Paolo pulled away from the field. But then engine trouble came for paolo. Just a note, I had a stop watch on Steven and Harry, They did a fuel and 4 tire change in 6 seconds! Excellent job gentleman. Congrats to Mike on his victory. 3 of the last 4 is quite impressive.

For me I spent most of my time doing what I love and that is calling the races. This was the first year for live scoring. I hope you all enjoyed it. We spent 5 months working on it. The is a man who is mostly responsible for this and his name is Scott Andrews. He spent endless hours working on the program to get things right. we went back and forth on the phone many times testing and such. We wanted to do audio and video but ran out of time. Guess that gives us something to work on in the future. We must also thank Bill at B & B Auto score for his support. Hats off to Chris Flower for all the videos on You Tube. Not only that but he qualified for the Masters A-Main.

I also need to thank my adopted son and pit man, mechanic etc. Chris "Junior" Lefebvre. He had my car ready so all I had to do was run. To my fellow Red Cup Racers: Jim, Chris, Vince, Julian, Gary, Gary, Richard, Bill, Sean and Karla who is also my turnmarshall. Thanks for a great week. It is always a great time at the track with you all.

Looking foward to going to Maryland and the 301 raceway for the Capital Classic. Mr Whitney says he will be ready for me. Hope the rest of the state is. You guys from 301 are always fun to race with.

See you all at the next race.

Then Man behind the Mic "Big" Dave

Last edited by dlarry; 02-23-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What TC was Cyrul running? Kyosho?
Old 02-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
What TC was Cyrul running? Kyosho?
Yes it is a Kyosho.

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 02-22-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

?
Old 02-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

??
Old 02-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow
whats up wayne? it was nice seeing you on saturday. i will be at homestaed tomorrow... hopefully i will see you there.
Joe the same here . I have'nt seen you in probably over a year , it's good to see you coming back. I'll be there sunday i have to work on saturday.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default sorry

Sorry Solo you did'nt read the fine print at the bottom of the aplication,you've gotta be of caucasion color with at least blue eyes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.