HPI Cancelled the 1/8th Proceed >_<

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Cancelled the 1/8th Proceed >_<

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Location: Just north of Atlanta at foot of North Georgia Mtns. Best Motorcycle riding in the east coast ^^
Default HPI Cancelled the 1/8th Proceed >_<

Well..I can't say I didn't suspect it was coming..but I am rather upset that I was LIED too by the peepz at HPI. All this hype about them actually doing some factory sponsored racing was bs (imho). They have milked the hara win to death and havn;t done anything but use his name. Never really supported the Proceed..don't think they have done anything in racing since 2003..someone tell me I am wrong.

Well I now have a 1000$ dollar parking lot basher..and as for parts..pfft..looks as if they already are washing their hands.

I honestly think HPI should be HPIbashing.com instead of HPIracing.com ^^
Old 10-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Its a shame that they seem to eliminate their participation in the different classes of cars. They dont have a super nitro, super nitro rally, mini, f1, electric rally, and now 1/8 onroad with the elimination of the Proceed. I still have 2 of these cars. Its a too bad cuz its a really nice car.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

The guys at Delta USA were running and supporting the HPI proceed for years before they moved to the xp4 (a KYOSHO evolva variant). Perhaps it wasn't for Delta in the US, the proceed would have been dead a long time ago.

They might have some parts still. I found this on their website. Check them out or give them a call.
http://www.deltainc-usa.com/deltahopupsproceed1.htm
Old 10-15-2006, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would love to know the name of who told you they were doing sponsored racing at HPI...and to be honest,if you had done ANY research,in any of the the HPI threads(pro 4,r40)..and took note of the fact that there are NO proceed threads(and if there are,they ar a dead issue)..you could have surmised yourself no one is using the proceed for anything more than a paperweight

HPI has done NOTHING with their main cars for 2 years,and has done absolutely NOTHING with the Proceed since day one.....
Old 10-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

its not like that car was anything special anyway. Now all you have to do is wait for HotBodies to come out with their version, called the Monsoon.....
Old 10-15-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Old 10-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

well just look how many cars they had in the worlds all (1) car team i jumped on the r40 band wagon at the very beginning and there was no support so i jumped off hpi is not user friendly they stink
Old 10-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Unhappy

I think a major part of the problem is that HPI have gone the route of other manufacturers in focusing on rc vehicles for the "play-in-the-dirt" set. Lately their focus seems to be solely on the Hellfire, the Savage nitro AND electric versions, etc, etc. There has been little to no development of new on-road nitro or electric cars; even the Pro 4 has been primarily replaced by the Hot Bodies Cyclone which is what Hara last used.
Hopefully someone important at HPI will read threads like this and step up to the plate. But I doubt it.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

HPI develops what sells, and right now the monster track sector is waht sells the most.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

They have around 11 different monster truck versions. With 4 current models , two just recently released.

With probably another mt or truggy model out in 12 months , while the on-road program has been still for quite some time.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Darn!!!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

maybe they are making another one.

they needed to clean up their lineup. dont want to look like traxxas's overly cluttered lineup. and atm their focus seems to be pushing the Hellfire out there and tweaking the Savage even more.

maybe they will make something for the winter......be hopeful.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

the pro 4 was also discontinued, so maybe a Pro 5 is in the making and about to be released...
Old 10-16-2006, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dracy69
the pro 4 was also discontinued, so maybe a Pro 5 is in the making and about to be released...
OMG you are right. Now I am glad I went Mugen and Xray, this blows for the guys who supported them for the last 2 1/2 years (me)