Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK Will! you mean "sidewinder" right? Yeah and I am railryder...

later dudes...gotta sleep.
Old 01-06-2002, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

Fok,

I'm still here!!!!!!!! I 've been reading, just not posting. It's getting too cold to race nitro and I was REALLLY busy with work for a while, so I haven't learned anything else usefull to post. BUT, I have been keeping any eye on you guys

While I'm here, got a qestion about running the 32mm foams. Someone posted on the HPI board that you can run 32mm Yok foams on the rear without any mods. The "regular" style didn't work on my car. Will the 32mm "inch up" Yok foams work without cutting the top off the upright? Also, for anyone running the Kawahara delrin front knuckles. Will they let you run 32mm foams on the front?

NR, those fires aren't near you are they?
Old 01-06-2002, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by tekrsq

Nah, they not that close. About 20-30miles away. The whole city is very smokey at the moment.
Old 01-06-2002, 04:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jonathan
Hey everyone! My first post!! long time reader though...so feel like I know eveyone already.

Hey uncle Willy, will you bring me back some foams from HK???.hehee. Btw, 1mm smaller in the rear is overdrive. Think of it as 1 mm larger in the front. A lot of the problems you and I are having with the one-way solid ass setup are really just the symptoms of a really small and techical track. We don't run on the 1/8th scale fields like moon and novarossi. Then again maybe we or at least I just aren't good enough drivers. just coming off my freshmen year of racing you know. But I have not given up on the solid rear entirely. There is one more setup I want to try when the weather breaks. I'll let you know.

Motorman.

The car with the rto that willy is always raving about belongs to me. Just want to say "" THANKS""!!

Manticore.

If you really want good pick up out of the corners, you should get a nitro TC3 (insane!!). Ohh wait!! that would mean you would have to pay double. Sucka!!!
Welcome aboard,

Nah, we dont have big track that Novarossi has in his country. The one that we have is perfectly for 1/10 EP or 1/12 pan car. It is tight and narrow track.
Old 01-06-2002, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Novarossi

OK, enough stupidity.

Moon stop mucking around ok!
Its all my fault again???
Old 01-06-2002, 04:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Novarossi

Any person that gives crap to Moon (especially in his/her's first post) is always more then welcome here
sure john did !! i just hate the car, NTC3 !!
Old 01-06-2002, 04:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tekrsq
Fok,

I'm still here!!!!!!!! I 've been reading, just not posting. It's getting too cold to race nitro and I was REALLLY busy with work for a while, so I haven't learned anything else usefull to post. BUT, I have been keeping any eye on you guys

While I'm here, got a qestion about running the 32mm foams. Someone posted on the HPI board that you can run 32mm Yok foams on the rear without any mods. The "regular" style didn't work on my car. Will the 32mm "inch up" Yok foams work without cutting the top off the upright? Also, for anyone running the Kawahara delrin front knuckles. Will they let you run 32mm foams on the front?

Tommy, welcome back !

The yoke foam rims are 2mm offset so you can put it in the rear w/o much problem.

I am quite sure the derlin front knuckle is a direct replacement n there is not any change in measurement. I am using 26mm in the front with 1.5 mm spacer between the hex n rim to ensure rim clearence.
Old 01-06-2002, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes teq inch ups will fit with a 2 mm spacer

W Fok Overdrive relates to the front pulling harder than the rear (ie overdrive the front tires like FWD)so if the rears are slightly smaller when you get on the power out of the turn the front pulls the rear of the car harder and because of this you can negate out of the turn push with a solid axle combo. This allows you to use more caster for better turn without suffering on throttle push coming out of the turn from high caster as the Overdrive compensates and pulls the car through because on throttle the ass of the carr is being dragged around the corner. Most guys end up with some overdrive on their cars anyway at the end of the race because the rears wear more than the fronts. If you use the tire combo I recommended the tires will wear even and if you start out with 1 mm overdrive you will end with 1 mm overdrive. This way the car will be consistant the whole race.

The worlds is for 235 mm 2wd sedan (impact)and their will be a 200 mm provisional race as a demo but it is not a worlds event.
yes it is in cincinatti.

The 200 MM nationals will be in cincinatti this year also. I plan to be at both.

If you have not been there this track rocks and its huge, bring big gears.

heres the track link. The dates are listed in the forum.
http://www.tri-statercautoracers.com/

Jonathan did you put the RTO in a TC3? how does it work. I will be looking forward to seeing one of those run. The electric TC3 is a rocket out of the turns. Guess I better get to work on the MTX or I may be sucking wind this year.

Last edited by Motorman; 01-06-2002 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Anthony, Dennis--thanks guys!!!!!! Now where are you getting those spacers? Is it a Mugen part? And how do have enough thread on the axle to hold the wheel nut on? My wheel nuts barely fit the axles as it is. If I put another 1.5- 2 mm behind the wheels, I'll never get the nuts to stay on.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

teq get some front lower control arm spacers for an associated 12L3 they work perfect. Then use the serpent wheel nuts for a impulse with the captured washers on them. they are non locking. so use some blue 242 locktight on them. never had one fall off and the washer supports the wheel alot better. It tends not to crack through the hole or get out of round in a fauxpa against the boards.

Hey I see that they are going to run a worlds 200 MM so I stand corrected. I suppose that the nats in Texas was the qualifier but then again who knows. I wonder if they will use the 2002 nats in july for a qualifier.

For those going to the now on the list 200 MM worlds I will be building some special 16% low nitro high compression 12 motors to the ifmar spec.
stay tuned

Last edited by Motorman; 01-06-2002 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-06-2002, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Motor Heaf GAsket

IN an effort to STRETCH my engine til I get a new piston and sleeve... it was suggested that I remove the shim.... well I did that and it leaked everywhere!!!

SOOOO what is the thickness of the gaskets available for thie stock engine... if I put the original one back on I loose compression, so I need one that is thinner than OEM...

any suggetsions???

Also I removed the caked on fuel with oven cleaner, and it removed almost all the anodizing.... UH... I tried wire brush & saoking... How do I remove ALL the color?? the stuff between the fins is a tuffy to get rid of...

Thanks

Rich

Rich
Old 01-06-2002, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hello,

What is the maximum foam tire width that can fit on the car without having to trim anything?
Old 01-06-2002, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raffaelli
Hello,

What is the maximum foam tire width that can fit on the car without having to trim anything?
If you have the 1mm washer as on the Pro-Spec then you can use Yok 32mm rear without rubbing! and 26mm front!

Also Ellegi 26mm fits good too!
Old 01-06-2002, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Great, thanks. I have the original mtx and will be up dating it to the pro spec in the next couple of weeks as i get that and the mrx 3 ready for the summer.

What 1mm washer?
Old 01-06-2002, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raffaelli
Great, thanks. I have the original mtx and will be up dating it to the pro spec in the next couple of weeks as i get that and the mrx 3 ready for the summer.

What 1mm washer?
Manticore told me 4(ID) x 15(or 14)ID x 1mm washer will do! or may be 1 1/2mm in thickness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.