Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

It's not as cheap as disconecting the brakes but 1/12th circuit racing in winter will improve your driving technique.
You need to think about the throttle application or the batteries will not last the race and you almost never use the brakes.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

I just think that taking out the brakes is going a tad too far. To learn how to drive with a one-way, I say to turn down the Brake EPA to about 30% of locking up when using diffs.

When I run one-ways, I set my brakes to just barely lock-up.

personally, I've always felt that learning how to properly brake is an essential part of learning to drive.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bob The Builder
It's not as cheap as disconecting the brakes but 1/12th circuit racing in winter will improve your driving technique.
You need to think about the throttle application or the batteries will not last the race and you almost never use the brakes.
God, I'd love to race 1/12... especially if I could race 1/12 on asphalt. That would be so sick...

continue....
Old 10-08-2003, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default I'm gona catch h%# 4 this

This will surley get me in truble but let's face it! It won't be a first. OK "MTX-2 versus MTX-3" I wan't to clear up this myth about the 3 can take more punishment and being more durable then the 2 Its not true! The 2 is the stronger car! Ok no beer bottles are being tossed at me so I'll go on! Hypothetically speeking the pro spec.2 and the 3 out of the box with no go fast parts with same engines and twin bro. drivers that turn the exact same times on the track (yeah that's gona happen) I think the edge would have to go to the MTX2 allthough the edge would be a small one. That said if you had the same guy hop up both cars on a thousand bone budget for each car then the MTX-2 would smoke the 3. I knew it was only a matter of time before I blabed this out and I'm sure it's gona cost me! But I have done this and the 2 came out on top HOWEVER I have to admit that I have alot more driving time with my 2 so this may be a bunch of crap!
Old 10-08-2003, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

The main advantage with the MTX3 is that it adaps to more peoples driving styles easily.
The MTX2 is quick with the correct set up but finding this set up can be hard without serious time on the track.
Look how long it took the MTX2 to become as good as it is compared to how long it has taken the MTX3 to produce results.
The big advantage of the MTX3 for me is how easy it is to work on and that it is balanced better side to side.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

I haven't broken my MTX2 once. The belt jumped once, and some teeth on my side belt were shorn off, but nothing ever else. I mean the car still worked when the teeth were missing (something like 10 or so teeth, and not in a row so it still worked). I can't say a stronger car could be made.

And you aren't bringing up performance there, are you HELLION? (just checking)
Old 10-08-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default oops!

I didn't mean remove the brakes from the car!back them off. And I want to make this very clear I surley don't condone racing your car with out breaks It's just not a good idea also it's not cool to use the other racers cars for your brakes! This method is for when you are practising ONLY and stay away from the pack. Remember you arn't racing you are working on your driving skills Doing this exersize will force you to learn to turn cause not having your brakes and knowing that you don't have them is going to give you 2 chocies slow down into the turn or crash! Watch the fast guys at your track you will be amazed at how slow they enter turns. This exersize also will help you set up your apex entering!"FACT"I don't care if you have the best handeling car in the world If you go in to fast your going to make understear and if you bring understear in then you will have it comming out! Think of how much time you just lost cause you had understear threw a whole turn that was done solely by you not the car!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

We go 1/12th racing indoors on carpet for winter in the UK. The weather is just not friendly on the nitro cars or the electrics over here.
You get 8 minute heats and some seriously close racing.
It's also nice and warm in the halls so your thumbs dont freeze up
( Yeah I know you use wheel radios over there )

Try it - Beats a playstation any day when its wet outside.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: oops!

Originally posted by HELLION
I didn't mean remove the brakes from the car!back them off.
All right, I was just doing what they call a brake check... (sorry, couldn't help myself).

yeah, I totally agree about the early braking. I mean, of the guys in the A with me (doesn't change much, so you get to know these things) I brake the earliest by far... and when new guys come into the A, they are the ones that usually cause the problems by smacking into us under braking.

Well bob,
here in Hawaii, it does rain a lot, but it never for long periods (at max around 1 hour) so its nitro season all year. Therefore, no indoor track. Too bad, I've really wanted to race 1/12 for quite a while. Oh, and a guy at our track uses stick radio too (from Japan though)... I wanted to try get one for a little while... if I had money I might think about it.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Over here it's the wheel radios which are hard to find and expensive. Stick radios dominate most clubs.

God would I like to live where it's nitro season all year.

Then I could dedicate my budget to just one class and concentrate on it instead of swaping classes for winter and chucking a shed load more money at more equipment.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool kawahara mini centex clutch

OK all you present and former MTX-2 heads...Do you know if mugen gears will fix the Kawahara mini centex clutch. Also, will MTX-3 brake disk fit MTX-2...Thanks for your help!
Old 10-09-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

mobetter0
will MTX-3 brake disk fit MTX-2...
The MTX3 disk brake is three pieces which will not fit in to the gap available on the MTX2. One of the side disks from the MTX3 will fit in place of the MTX2 brake disk.

If you are looking for a vented disc then the uprated disk from a Serpent 705 fits after you have drilled two more holes in it to get it on to the pulley pins.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bob The Builder
...instead of swaping classes for winter and chucking a shed load more money at more equipment....
A shed full of money is a lot... I've got a pretty large shed at my house... ....
Do you know if mugen gears will fix the Kawahara mini centex clutch.
That'll work, I'm pretty sure.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool front universals for mtx-2

Anyone know of any other manufacturer that makes front universals for the mtx-2...preferably titanium...
Old 10-13-2003, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

ttt...manticore, ah10, stefan???...anyone? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.