Oversteering... why? How to control that

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oversteering... why? How to control that

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

You right Im2lazy.... again I asked the faster driver test my car... The car that I set it as per my standard...loose on entering cornering. And you know what.... He just bring my car in, tighten the front spring abit ( clockwise turn to put more tension ) on my front spring.... and ask me run my car.. hey! damm shit that thing go in corner tight not loose. Smooth and grip! Punch it maximum on straight, break and turn, it go sharp in ! wow... I'm flying man...
As you said I ask him why? He said it's true that I used harder sping in front than the rear but how much harder or softer? We have to test it on track ! He said.. Spin ! your front tires grip and the rear not so stiffer the front spring by tighten the shock spring or loosen the rear shock spring. And than test.. Shit! Such a simple solution! Aaaa... Now I know when we should tightent the shock and why we should do that! That is newbie stuff lol. Thanks to you man,..Im2lazy.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by esham
...Thanks to you man,..Im2lazy.

, much obliged...

The fast guys always know what they are doing. They are always getting around the track, not only because of their driving, but their tuning skills. Those guys always seem to know the weirdest things that can fix your car in 5 minutes, while you've been spending months on the problem... This way in which you are now learning to tune and dial in a car, is the exact way I learned and it is absolutely the easiest and fastest way to pick up info. You can talk about things, but when you are face to face with the difference, you won't forget it.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Could someone give me the settings to INCREASE oversteer. I am interested in RC Drifting.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by VRacer04
Could someone give me the settings to INCREASE oversteer. I am interested in RC Drifting.
soft springs in frnt, hard springs in the rear
Old 06-20-2003, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Also, decrease the amount of camber you have... 0 degrees is probably best. The front should be somewhere between 1 and 2 degrees. However, this will give you strange tire wear, so I hope you use relatively hard compound tires. The front inserts can be softer, but the rears need to be nice and firm. Also a rear swaybar might be helpful to keep the car from barrel-rolling if the track surface catches an edge of the tire. An engine with a very level and smoothe powerband will also make things easier.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

sorry, 0 degrees in the rear and negative 1 or 2 degrees up front.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Recently I ran foam tyres on parking lot. Most of the corner no oversteer But..... more slide though. As a result my expensive foam tyre wear so much My wallet seem thirsty now
Old 08-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default Abit slide without oversteer on power entering corner

Even I experince in A Main once but I just feel alot more thing to learn with car tuning. On that time my car somehow just nice to drive... I don't really know why? But what I really want my car to react is..

How to get abit slide on power ( without oversteer ) in entering a " L " shape corner ..

Anybody
Old 08-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Abit slide without oversteer on power entering corner

Originally posted by esham
Even I experince in A Main once but I just feel alot more thing to learn with car tuning. On that time my car somehow just nice to drive... I don't really know why? But what I really want my car to react is..

How to get abit slide on power ( without oversteer ) in entering a " L " shape corner ..

Anybody
stiffer anti roll bar for the rear...
Old 08-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Shit...! confuse again!. Guys, if on droop gauge the term use for "increase" the droop is it means to set it negative or positive step!

What i understand is....
Positive (+) the end of the botom ride arm will be higher than the chasis. - That is reducing the droop.
Negative (-) the end of the bottom ride arm will be lower than the chasis. - That is increasing the droop

Am I in correct definition here?
Old 08-27-2003, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

In my understanding increace drop means the lower arm go further down from chassis level.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patricktoh
In my understanding increace drop means the lower arm go further down from chassis level.
Thanks.. That what my mean too.. ( I'm inprocess playing setting with those new droop gauges! )