Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.gio-extreme.com/home.html

I import this clutch and some of the other parts he makes, but right now I am having a terrible time getting my emails answered. Kenny Jones uses one, Nelson has one, Dwayne A has one too. Come to Vegas next week I'll show you.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

looks very interesting for sure

What does a clutch system like this sent to Australia worth?

And what sort of use do you get out of them...

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 11-08-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by garen
I am sure I will. If there is time, I might also mention something during the driver's meeting. The Motonica GP takes place at the same track every spring, so maybe next year we'll have an exhibition class for these cars.
Garen,
Good luck on your race at las Vegas this weekend, If you have the "Classic"
2wd class at next years race, I will be there.

Dale
Old 11-10-2009, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Prob one of the best tips to set a clucth - i am sure may of you have differant methods, but i have reset my clutch tonight using Michael Salven method.. clutch felt so much better from my old style that i use.

Also good luck Garen for the weekend, do us all proud and keep us posted
Old 11-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

First batch of the 2wd P8C kits arrived today, more to come later this month. I plan to build and run one at our club events and if the car(s) work well, hopefully others will join.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Race

Goodluck Garen !!

Originally Posted by garen
For anyone interested and possibly willing to travel to China, there is a big race happening next month, the weekend of the 21st, in Shanghai. I'll be there to support all the Motonica drivers.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

where in shanghai is it being held? I go to shanghai once or twice a year so would be nice to vissit that track some time.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Guys,

I finally got some decent laps in my car after some minor issues with top end power with my Nova N21-T.

Overal i found the care really nice to drive, the only issue i had was not enough steering, so i have made a few changes as follow:

2mm shim on the front top bracket, and none in the rear of the front top bracket - tip from Michael Salvern - A guy at my track same car said it improved his steering big time - like michael says its worth a try!

Clutch nut i have set to 1.5mm with about 0.5mm end gap - might give the the clutch spring nut a bit more to about 1.6 as it felt a bit boggy down low at times!

I also ran the tyres to a very low point Front 65mm 35SH & rear 72mm 35SH - cant still felt nice to drive but the gearing did suffer a bit.

ride height from stup station was a bit high in the begginning 11mm rear & 10mm front - i might change this to about 9mm rear and 8 front using setup station.

Rear Shock on upper tower position was very bottom hole, now i have raised it 2nd from bottom.

Front as per instruction manual. in the middle on the front tower.

Using Mugen Yellow clutch and working rather well, but standard motonica flyouts - non flipper

Front width: 253
Rear width: 263

sway bar flat front
rear - upgrade sway bar flat rear

mugen white springs all round

droop front +1
rear max out +8

alot of the setting was given by Robin D'Hondt from his monarco final setup.

plus i ran also the two carbon front upgrade flat support brackets that you can get, i might remove one on the very front to gain more front turn in.

Ill report back soon with some more testing, but good News for Motonica, is that we had 2 out of 4 P81 race on sunday - finally placing for there debut race was 1st & 3rd - and a very good time of 17.9 considerring others on flat 18.0's to 18.5's

Next year will be excitting in our club, as 4 P81's, 2 x 966, 3 Kyosho & possibly 2 sheppards with rest Mugens!

never have we had this many makes in our club so it will be a battle for all...

catch ya all, sorry for the ramble but i had to wake this thread up again!
Frankie
Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey Guys,

I got to test the car on track yesterday for the first time, the Air temps was Bloody hot 37C (99F)

Car felt really nice to drive even thou the car was still running in and not up to full speed.

Did notice the 2speed is rather smooth engagement and you have to have the ear to hear it shift.

Just quick question, the Thrust bearing can i use any model for spares?

Also the flyouts clucth shoes, who sets there rear flyouts like a flipper style, some i have seen use this effect and some still use the normall system as per book.

cheers
Frankie
you may have to much air gap between the clutch bell and the shoemake sure when you space the air gapthat the clutch bell touches the shoe then add .1 shims until it doesn't touch so you have the right air gap. then when you put on your thrust bearing on the top. depending if you want big punch or little .4 to .7
Old 11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bvalistic
Goodluck Garen !!
any updates on this race?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losipoppa
I believe Mike Swauger won 1/8th, not sure second & third.

In 1/10th it was:
1: Fukuda
2: Meen V
3: Jilles
Old 11-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, I give up! Can somebody help me with how to install the G** Da** tank cap spring!!!

Dale
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th scale Motonica-001.jpg  
Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I weakend the spring alittle bit by pressing it together. then I put the cap on with a regular wrench ( any allen wrench that fits the hole) that fits the hole. I then followed the hinge pin while I was releasing the wrench. It worked for me. I squeezed the H... out of the spring.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by losipoppa
Well, Garen made the A main. WOO HOO!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

I got back Monday, to find my computer was infected...just it got it back today. I'll answer all the questions later... but the race was great. I highly recommend everyone attend next year. Everything is first class and the hosts are very very nice. It rained until Friday afternoon so the track did not open until Saturday morning. Practice started on a damp track, but was dry before quals started. I held TQ after day 1. I sat out day 2 quals to prepare my car for the main and dropped to 4th. I holeshoted the start and got into 2nd where I stayed for 20 minutes. At 20 minutes I changed tires and dropped to 3rd. A few minutes later I got back up to 2nd and held it until I stripped 1st gear. I fixed that and got back up to 3rd until my engine let go with about 6 minutes left.
It was great to race on a track with absolutely no traction compound applied to it. The bite was good and the driving feel was very different than what we are used to here. I'll post more later, but I will say that I will definitely go back next year and I hope others from the US will go too. Rick (part owner of the track) puts on a great show and treated everyone to lunch and dinner, and took care of transportation to/from the hotel, track, and airport. If you buy your ticket in advance, it is cheaper to race there than most places here in the US.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.