Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by E.Rocha
Ballestri should have win if he using a different car like Kyosho mugen or serpent and pursuit pt-1
Dude, you need to just go and buy your Pusuit PT-1, you better get the RTR so it will actually work (well lets hope so anyway) and then stay on the Pursuit thread and ask your 1000 questions on why the car doesn't handle properly. When you get the car make sure you charge the batteries, unless you use Duracell. So see ya, and good luck with your Pursuit. Bye now.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, you need to just go and buy your Pusuit PT-1, you better get the RTR so it will actually work (well lets hope so anyway) and then stay on the Pursuit thread and ask your 1000 questions on why the car doesn't handle properly. When you get the car make sure you charge the batteries, unless you use Duracell. So see ya, and good luck with your Pursuit. Bye now.
Darrin YOU ROCK!! Well said!!.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by E.Rocha
Ballestri should have win if he using a different car like (...) and pursuit pt-1

yes......

that's what missed to make him world champion........
Old 12-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
yes......

that's what missed to make him world champion........
Old 12-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Default Receiver Battery

If you need a receiver battery for your car i have them, 1000mah AAA in black red or yellow color. Contact me by e-mail for more details. [email protected]
Old 12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You can fix a lot of things, but you can not fix stupid... enough said about that.

I think the original tank is fine, but on certain tracks and for certain drivers it might have a pick up problem towards the very end of a 5 minute qualifier, hence the new tank.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by garen
You can fix a lot of things, but you can not fix stupid... enough said about that.

I think the original tank is fine, but on certain tracks and for certain drivers it might have a pick up problem towards the very end of a 5 minute qualifier, hence the new tank.
Yeah dude, I agree...on both subjects there. I've always been the type of driver to not push the envelope on fuel milage, I'm a bit conservative. So my assessment wouldn't be the most accurate to go by. But after I start gettin back in the grove, I will want to push that envelope and not take chances and get the new tank along with all the other updates. I have 100% trust in Motonica's R&D team and will never question why they do something or change something. I trust them entirely.

Speaking of updates, though it has a few larger more expensive parts like the chassis, honestly this really isn't changing the car all that much. The new chassis still accomodates all the original parts (maybe not the battery holder). Nothing compaired to the changes I have seen to other manufacturers...mostly Serpent in my case. usually within 6-12 months the changes are so dramatic that all your current inventory would become obsolete due to the update. This can be VERY frustrating when you spend 100's of dollars on spares for travelling. So far I am very happy with the way Motonica has approached this "update". Just my opinion guys.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default PRICE PROTECTION

To make it fair the remaining kits that we have in stock we will include the new update kit for the same price as the kit. This way if you want a new kit you will have the updates with it. I think this is really fair and it is what I would like to see if I was looking to buy a new kit and there is a new updated kit right around the corner. If you have any questions please give as a call or email us.
Thanks Paul
WWW.MOTONICAUSA.COM
Old 12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

For anyone planning on attending the Airtronics Race in Vegas, please do contact me for specific setup and assembly info. Since there is only 1 day of practice, and the sun sets early that time of year, it's a good idea to show up prepared and have a good baseline setup already on the car.
My original Vegas setup is good, it makes the car very easy to drive, with a slight push. My GLARCRC setup will make the car more agressive and if you can handle it, produce faster lap times. The only major thing I would change is the shore of the tires (37F/37R, or 37F/40R, both X-tyres) and the size/split of the tires (65F/73R). The ride height will be slightly lower too, only due to the smaller tires.
I will mess around with front and rear widths (going to try 249mm front and 259mm rear), rear shock position (both the stand up and lay down positions), and if I have time caster and ackerman positions.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Has someone any idea about the new parts compatibility with the older ones? I wonder that can I replace my front bulkheads and the new front shock tower without replacing the chassis.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

I think the new front shock tower does not offer new shock mounting positions. It stiffens the shock mount, we bolt the shocks through this carbon tower to the bulkhead... Or?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by deepfree_z
Has someone any idea about the new parts compatibility with the older ones? I wonder that can I replace my front bulkheads and the new front shock tower without replacing the chassis.
I'm 99.9% sure you can. I don't see any changes that effect the way the bulkheads attach to the chassis. Only the top part of the bulkheads appear to be modified very slightly. But probably best to wait until these new parts come in and someone can confirm this. Unless of coarse someone already knows the answer for 100%. Sorry, but my post is probably useless for you. Either way, I would put money on it that you would have no issues.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

deepfreez, I am pretty sure that the new WC bulkheads fit the P8.0R chassis. Of course I will double check this and post here.

The new bulkheads do not have the ears where the shocks mount to. Instead, a front graphite tower attaches to both bulkheads and the shocks attach to the tower. The tower has 3 holes on either end, and I am pretty sure the shock geometry is unchanged.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by garen
deepfreez, I am pretty sure that the new WC bulkheads fit the P8.0R chassis. Of course I will double check this and post here.

The new bulkheads do not have the ears where the shocks mount to. Instead, a front graphite tower attaches to both bulkheads and the shocks attach to the tower. The tower has 3 holes on either end, and I am pretty sure the shock geometry is unchanged.
Garen, pardon me if I am totaly overlooking something here, but there already is a graphite or CF piece that ataches the two bulkheads. I understand that the shocks attach to this "NEW" tower rather then directly to the bulkheads, but how does the new tower attach to the bulkheads? It still needs some sort of "ear or lobe" to attach this piece right? Hmmm, sorry I'm just a tad bit confused on how they attach that new shock tower is all. Hard to tell from the photos. Just curious is all.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

NEVERMIND. I looked at the pics again and am pretty sure I figured it out. I believe that you still keep the original Carbo Fiber piece in place for probably both strength and the "Y" and "X" stiffener. The the new shock tower is paced in front of this original for attaching your shocks to. Sorry guys, I for some stupid reason though that the new shock tower replaced the original CF cross member. I think I figured it out anyway. Only time will really tell after I get the new parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.