Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Kyosho Spada Option parts

Anyone know of an exhaustive list of Kyosho option parts for the Kyosho Spada?

The downloadable parts lists from the Kyosho website is incomplete and searched the Spada 09 and 09L manuals and parts lists which are understandably also incomplete.

The "New Accessories" links shows some option parts and after searching google found:

SDW001 Aluminum Front Axle Mount
SDW002 Aluminum Center Axle Mount
SDW003 Aluminum Rear Axle Mount
SDW004 7075 Main Shaft
SDW005 Steel Throttle Lever
SDW006 Aluminum Body Mounts
SDW007 Carbon Upper Plate Set
SDW008 Carbon Rear Upper Brace
SDW009 Carbon Main Chassis
SDW010 Aluminum Roll Bar Set
SDW011 Tuned Muffler
SDW012 Universal Swing Shaft
SDW013 Front Bumper

Is this it?

Ive seen a "Carbon front upper brace" is this a Kyosho part as well?

Thanks! Too bad it wasn't very well received.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Initiate

To whom it may concern:

EGRracing.com has significant mark downs on Kyosho Spada Atomic, Charge, and Kyosho option parts. EGR ships quickly as well.

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/index....95e6f2b72beb57

Last edited by aeroron; 02-29-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: correct incomplete sentence
Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Spada Turning Radius

The turning radius on my Spada is way too large...for some reason my steering servo doesn't rotate far enough to move each wheel as far as it could. I shot a quick video of the problem. The servo is new, and I'm not seeing any way to adjust the setup to reduce the radius. Any recommendations?

Video of Spada Turning
Old 03-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sundevil67
The turning radius on my Spada is way too large...for some reason my steering servo doesn't rotate far enough to move each wheel as far as it could. I shot a quick video of the problem. The servo is new, and I'm not seeing any way to adjust the setup to reduce the radius. Any recommendations?

Video of Spada Turning
Check your dual rate and endpoint adjustments...
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Spada Turning Radius

I'm using an old school Futaba Magnum Junior FP-T2PKA, so I don't think there are any endpoint adjustments. Is there any other way? A new transmitter isn't quite in the budget just yet...
Old 11-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default Battery/Receiver On/Off Switch - Need Help!

Hi All,
I have a more general question here, but my local hobby shop was useless, so I am hoping someone here might be able to help me find some answers. I have a LiPo receiver battery with a 'male' 2-prong connector, and have just switched receivers...the new receiver is a Futaba R2004GF. I can't seem to find a power switch that will plug into the receiver 3-prong female on one end, 2 prong female on the other.

The receiver port (b):

The plug coming from the battery:

I'm seeing a lot of switches on eBay, etc., but none seem to have the right combination of connectors.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Heh

Originally Posted by Dynamite
oval class.... wouldnt you guys get sick of going around in circles...?
There aren't hardly any ovals in onroad anymore which is a shame...you wouldn't believe how much fun they used to be. First, it's technically different on setup, but the passing is incredible. Things get spread out in road course, but in oval, there is always some action somewhere. Think of it a little like Bristol in Nascar. The 1/8 4wd guys probably wouldn't want to do it because there is definitely more "rubbing," but pan, GT, and anything a little more durable would love it. If 1/12 could work (and frankly, that car looks a lot like an old Delta prototype from the 80's) and be durable enough to take some mild rubbing, then a very fast and action filled race could be held in a very small area.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi All,
I have a more general question here, but my local hobby shop was useless, so I am hoping someone here might be able to help me find some answers. I have a LiPo receiver battery with a 'male' 2-prong connector, and have just switched receivers...the new receiver is a Futaba R2004GF. I can't seem to find a power switch that will plug into the receiver 3-prong female on one end, 2 prong female on the other.

The receiver port (b):

The plug coming from the battery:

I'm seeing a lot of switches on eBay, etc., but none seem to have the right combination of connectors.

Thanks!
Hi,
Just get a standard receiver switch for your brand of receiver and plug the battery connector into the three wire female connector of the switch checking to make sure that the positive and ground connections match. The battery plug will fit into the three hole sized switch connector in one of three ways. Just make sure that the positive and negative from the battery match up with the receiver plug. Otherwise, you could damage your battery and/receiver (use a Multi-meter to make sure).
Good luck,
Old 11-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default Steering Upgrades?

I was wondering if any of you had any tips for upgrading the steering setup on this thing. Option parts are getting pretty tough to find, and I'm not sure if there has ever been a more heavy-duty system introduced...maybe something from another vehicle? When you go all the way in either direction, it hits the bulkhead and the servo horn twists a little extra, after the wheel can no longer turn. I can't seem to tweak my EPA enough to limit it, but the setup just feels a little sloppy and I'd be interested in replacing it. Any experiences to share or advice to offer?! Appreciated!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was wondering if any of you had any tips for upgrading the steering setup on this thing. Option parts are getting pretty tough to find, and I'm not sure if there has ever been a more heavy-duty system introduced...maybe something from another vehicle? When you go all the way in either direction, it hits the bulkhead and the servo horn twists a little extra, after the wheel can no longer turn. I can't seem to tweak my EPA enough to limit it, but the setup just feels a little sloppy and I'd be interested in replacing it. Any experiences to share or advice to offer?! Appreciated!
Hi,
Since this car has front wheel drive the front steering Setup is unique. However you can adjust the servo (wheel) throw by using a smaller size servo horn or maybe even go to a single point steering linkage setup (I.e. use just one servo horn hole for both the right and left links). All you really need to do is reduce the amount of link movement per servo movement. Also the closer the links are to the servo output shaft the less the links will move relative to the servo rotation.

-Rich
Old 11-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default Spada Steering

Thanks for the tips, Rich - good points. I think I was being a little lazy because removing and replacing that servo horn after adjusting anything is kind of a pain because of my setup (my receiver battery is wedged in front of it). I have a pile of servo horns I can try...but I got a bit sidetracked today after not being able to start the thing.

I have a Kyosho-brand starter box and that foam-template thingy, but man is it hard to find the sweet-spot to make good contact with the flywheel. It has to be absolutely perfect. It rubs the chassis so much that the heat from the friction makes it almost too hot to touch. There has to be an easier way to start this thing. But even with good contact, I couldn't get it started. It has been sitting for quite a few months, but I don't know much about tuning these engines, so I have some homework to do. Thanks again for the help - after I fix the engine, I'll go back to the steering! If you have any advice on that front, I'll be very happy to listen to it!!

that
Originally Posted by Racer-rich
Hi,
Since this car has front wheel drive the front steering Setup is unique. However you can adjust the servo (wheel) throw by using a smaller size servo horn or maybe even go to a single point steering linkage setup (I.e. use just one servo horn hole for both the right and left links). All you really need to do is reduce the amount of link movement per servo movement. Also the closer the links are to the servo output shaft the less the links will move relative to the servo rotation.

-Rich
Old 11-26-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone noticed that the stock composite pipe has more bottom than the kyosho tuned pipe for the spada?
Old 03-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Throttle Linkage

I've dusted this puppy off and got everything ready to go..but there's one thing still keeping me off the road. I had to replace the nipple on the throttle linkage and I can't seem to get the assembly reinstalled so that it is solid. The nipple just won't stay on the throttle control when the servo moves back & forth. The bent tie-rod and spring just don't provide enough stability.

Anyone have any tips to make this a more durable setup, or a trick that could stabilize this a lot more? The whole thing seems very flimsy and I wonder if there isn't an aftermarket solution also....

Thanks for any advice!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, where cam i get parts for kyosho spada ?
Old 04-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

nice car!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.