Search
Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MTX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Tanto
I have my MTX4 when I go out of corners it is a bit lose from the rear, left hand side?

Any help??

Joe
Like Francis M said check your tweak. Since it's just on one side make sure nothing is binding.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

wow...its MTX-4 already....cant believe i've been away for such long time....
Old 02-16-2008, 03:04 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys

can anyone tell me how to build the shocks so i get equal rebound on all 4 springs??

thanks in advance
Old 02-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by emulson
hey guys

can anyone tell me how to build the shocks so i get equal rebound on all 4 springs??

thanks in advance
1. first of all, make sure no air bubbles inside the damper. You can buy tamiya air pump to suck the air bubble out. Fill the oil to the top.

2. Pull the shock shaft to full length, and slowly put the membrane on top. Let the excess silicone oil flow out. Once put, leave it there and continue with step #3.

3. Put the top and close it slowly until it stop.

4. Test the damping by pushing-in the damper shaft ( but not too deep !! otherwise the membrane will concave, and you have to repeat the process again. ), and it should rebound nicely.

5. membrane change interval : 6 months ( my taste ).
Old 02-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After running one season, I found one shock membrane broken. 6 month time change sounds good.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

would it be a good idea to double up on rear shock towers or would it screw up the geometry
Old 02-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
would it be a good idea to double up on rear shock towers or would it screw up the geometry
When I raced for Mugen most of the guys did one of two things:

4mm option rear shock tower or did as you said and doubled up the stock shock tower.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Do you guys find the rubber belts reallynecessary? I never had a problem running the urethane belts and the car still rolls very smoothly. I would love to go down to Maryland one day, but hear if you don't change the rubber belts before the mains they will snap. Maybe the belts that are swapped can be left around for another practice session or so?
Old 02-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Do you guys find the rubber belts reallynecessary? I never had a problem running the urethane belts and the car still rolls very smoothly. I would love to go down to Maryland one day, but hear if you don't change the rubber belts before the mains they will snap. Maybe the belts that are swapped can be left around for another practice session or so?
The rubber belts for this car do make the car roll more smoothly and they last pretty well. The urethane belts last longer, but it is really just your choice.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply Scott. I hear Maryland is a high bite track with no mercy on rubber belts should a driver plan to use the same set for practice, quals and the mains.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the reply Scott. I hear Maryland is a high bite track with no mercy on rubber belts should a driver plan to use the same set for practice, quals and the mains.
I have never raced in MD, but I can tell you I ran multiple races on a set of Mugen rubber belts. If you hit stuff, check your front belt for missing teeth. The side belt will eventually stretch and get loose, but it still lasts a long time. The rear belt is the one that will fail first under normal use. If I had new belts on the car I would run the same set for practice and quals. Before the main you could change the front and rear, but if the front still looks good, leave it on. Change the rear for insurance, but it will probably be fine. I have put 3 races on a set of the rubber belts.

With my current car I change the front before every other main event. I change the rear before every main event. I change the side less than the other two. I think the Mugen rubber belts are at least as good as the ones I run now.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

heard a rumour recently that a mtx-4rx or mtx-4x might be coming soon maybe just before the next worlds.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Howdy,

I have just begun building my mtx4r kit, I also picked up a 4mm chassis for it made by mugen. Instead of using the multi diff with the kit (one way and spool) I like to run a diff up front. Ive finished the servo saver and then come to a problem with mounting the steering linkages...the ball cups are hitting the diff! both sides when turning? I never had this problem with my mtx4 and can't figure out why its happening, this seems kind of slack.
Does anyone else run a diff up front and using the 4mm chassis from mugen?
Old 02-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Tech Adept

It doesn't matter what chassis you run, I have the original 4 and the steering linkage ballcups hit the diff as well. Especially bad if the diff is in the rearmost position. You have to shave some material off the ballcups in the right place and you'll be just fine. If for some reason you don't want to do that, you have to move the diff more forward with the eccentrics, but this of course also affects belt tension.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have been runnning, and convinced most at my track to run, front and rear urethane and side rubber. This seems to be the best balance for life/smoothness.

Also, as I learned from mr. Fisher, the rubber ones tend to gum up the pulleys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.