MRX4-R or 960-07 honest opinions please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MRX4-R or 960-07 honest opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

guy have to no there limitations it is not the car its the man the sets it up and drives it that make's it fast in the new class of cars theses days
Old 04-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I got to stop reading this thread...
Old 04-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Isaac
I got to stop reading this thread...
lol...Y?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm an electric guy. Yes I have always liked 8th scale and had a MRX3 about 2 years ago. The cars are very easy and fun to drive but as you know Pooh the competition is *VERY* serious in Maryland thanks to my non-pool playing friend Chris Whitney . If you live in Maryland you have people like you from NY and then from all the way down to the deep south coming to this facility. If your stuff is not on point you need to get it there. I am a competitor so I know I would SPEND! Let me point out if you're car is not right EVERYONE is friendly and someone will help you set up your car. If I had a choice it would be the Mugen but the car from overseas would be nice to be different.

Reading all of this gets that RC addiction going. I do like the car overseas.

Last edited by Isaac; 04-04-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

mugen is better, cheaper, faster, easier to find, and on top of all of that its stronger too! ive been driving for almost 7 years now i can tell you that serpent has made almost twice as many cars as mugen in that time and you know what mugen still kicks serpents a** in most events with mikey which is why most are gunning for him every time he goes to a race.yeah its the driver butt more than that a good driver needs a good DEPENDABLE car like a mugen.

my 2cents nothing more.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

AMEN!!!!
Originally Posted by racer x 1
mugen is better, cheaper, faster, easier to find, and on top of all of that its stronger too! ive been driving for almost 7 years now i can tell you that serpent has made almost twice as many cars as mugen in that time and you know what mugen still kicks serpents a** in most events with mikey which is why most are gunning for him every time he goes to a race.yeah its the driver butt more than that a good driver needs a good DEPENDABLE car like a mugen.

my 2cents nothing more.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We have a VERY good driver at our local track who has run all three cars. He went from the Serpent>Mugen>Kyosho. He ran the Mugen most all season right till the Cincy Nat's where he ran the Kyosho. He said the Kyosho had more turn in than the others, but we were on a permant facility prepared for a National event with 175 cars at the event laying down traction vs. our newly sealed and weekly treated local track with 40 cars laying down traction (which is a parking lot during the week).

Some cars have a wide tuning band- I'd say the widest tuning band is on the Mugen. The set-up is very forgiving.

In the end it is personal preference/cost/parts availability. Don't be the only one at your track running brand 'A' when everybody else is running brand 'B' or 'C'. You won't have much comparison for set-up's and parts availability. At most races I run, parts are readily available for all the top three... Mugen, Serpent and Kyosho. Make a list of Pro's and Con's for each brand in your racing area and see who comes out on top.

My desicion is based on personal preference/cost and CUSTOMER SUPPORT. The factory sponsored Mugen guy's are only a direct phone call away and more than willing to give advice. Props to Mugen- Mike Swauger, Robbie Collins and Ron Calangi for making themselves readily available to the little guys in the sport for advice
Old 04-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mrgsr , you have pm bro
Old 04-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer x 1

my 2cents nothing more.
well the best is still ralph in the USA and he never drove a mugen . and we are not talking about strong that's only for guys that bang the board and dependable that all depends on who's building the car .
just my 2 cents
Old 04-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooh2
AMEN!!!!
what i have seen guys build a new mugen kit for every big race . they said a new kit allways drives better can't figure that one out
Old 04-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
what i have seen guys build a new mugen kit for every big race . they said a new kit allways drives better can't figure that one out
Wrong! Where did u get that from? My car is 1 year old and still runs like a champ!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Isaac
I'm an electric guy. Yes I have always liked 8th scale and had a MRX3 about 2 years ago. The cars are very to drive but as you know Pooh the competition is *VERY* serious in Maryland thanks to my non-pool playing friend Chris Whitney . If you live in Maryland you have people like you from NY and then from all the down to the deep south coming to this facility. If your stuff is not on point you need to get it there. I am a competitor so I know I would SPEND! Let me point out if you're car is not right EVERYONE is friendly and someone will help you set up your car. If I had a choice it would be the Mugen but the car from overseas would be nice to be different.

Reading all of this gets that RC addiction going. I do like the car overseas.
don't waste your time Isaac...just keep the mugen...you can't handle the top plate (inside joke)
Old 04-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captian
well the best is still ralph in the USA and he never drove a mugen .
just imagine what would happen if he did
Old 04-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
just imagine what would happen if he did
real funny carl real funny see you at pro speed
Old 04-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Wrong! Where did u get that from? My car is 1 year old and still runs like a champ!
don't let me get started on that one pooh we both know who was doing it . keep it real dawg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.