Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you had the money?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys can you tell me if the MTX4 allows you to upgrade to the newer version easily when it comes out or do you have to just sell your MTX4 and purchase what ever new comes out in the line or is it like the RRR and G4 where you can purchase a upgrade kit ?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The new spec Mtx4 has only several revised parts compared to the original Mtx4 so updating is only a matter of getting a few parts
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If i had the money i would most likely get a Mrx4R and some Murnan Mod Motors for it and my mtx4.
I would also like to buy a property that i could build a nice sized race track with lighting so i could practice when i got home from work and also hold race meets from time to time too
Old 01-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itchy b
The new spec Mtx4 has only several revised parts compared to the original Mtx4 so updating is only a matter of getting a few parts
Thanks for the info, can I upgrade a MTX3 in the same manner or is it only MTX4 to Prospec ?
Old 01-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jelayne
Thanks for the info, can I upgrade a MTX3 in the same manner or is it only MTX4 to Prospec ?
3 cannot upgraded to 4....(well, you can, but you might as well buy the 4).

And I don't think the stock MTX4 is way outdated compare to the newer parts MTX4...just some updated parts.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default If

I'd build a new track in Florida, New York & Las Vegas. All would be 400' x 200' with every creature comfort you could think of for the racers & spectators.

They would all have legal gambling on the races like the horses do.

O yea, & a 500 room hotel & camp grounds across the street from each track.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default If

Sorry, I lost my mind for a min.

I'd get the car with the best support in your area too.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
I'd build a new track in Florida, New York & Las Vegas. All would be 400' x 200' with every creature comfort you could think of for the racers & spectators.

Damn Jspeed now I call that gettin it done!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

If I had the money i would give you Guys a Rc Bank Account so you can spend it on getting your Nitro Groove on, without having the bank manager = your wife or Girl friends upset on the 14 of Feb.. don't forget the roses
Old 01-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

thanks for all the responces. I know you guys get tired of hearing what car is better and so on. But Im a 1/8 buggy racer and not quiet sure if the tracks I race at are gonna be opened next year. The doctor, yes I have been to 301 raceway and it is awesome. Does Chris and the gang have a hobby shop open, or do they just bring parts and tires to the track. Im some what leaning toward the mtx4 or the newest v1rrr edition. Does Chris have parts fro these cars at the track? Also I need advise on engines and pipes . The track I plan on racing at is huge.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed

That's a great idea!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default If

Run with it!

Jeff Vargas
RC Pro
Event Marketing
www.rcprosites.com
Old 01-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
thanks for all the responces. I know you guys get tired of hearing what car is better and so on. But Im a 1/8 buggy racer and not quiet sure if the tracks I race at are gonna be opened next year. The doctor, yes I have been to 301 raceway and it is awesome. Does Chris and the gang have a hobby shop open, or do they just bring parts and tires to the track. Im some what leaning toward the mtx4 or the newest v1rrr edition. Does Chris have parts fro these cars at the track? Also I need advise on engines and pipes . The track I plan on racing at is huge.
He does not bring the trailer to the track anymore. Yes he has a hobby shop about 5 miles up RT 5. Take the Coventry way exit and his shop is behind the KFC. Go to the 301 raceway thread and I am sure that someone has the shops phone number or just PM Sandra on that thread because that is always Chris and not Sandra.

Chris has parts for both cars but I think that more people run the MTX-4 at his track. 1/8th scale on-road is going to be big this year I think because I know of alot of guys that have got one in the off season.

As for the off-road question I think that you should PM Local Racer who is Binky or Tony West. They should be able to answer any questions you have for off-road.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wait for the mtx-4 prospec and the nt1 to show up before making a decision.

But as everyone has stated theres a few top performers out there , then decide which has the best support in your area.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tony I assume 301 will be your home track. So mugen would be my first choice and kyosho a close second. But I hear rumors of a fast serpent or NT1 comin to 301 for the 07 season.

If you can....Stop by the shop and talk to Rhys, Chris, Vince or one of the local racers. You can pick up a ton of info there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.