Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
just curious, what manufacturers have cvd's in the standard kit?..........I've only bought mugen before, and they didn't have them in it.
Kyosho all the way around RRR Evo worlds..and they dont break
Old 09-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Kyosho all the way around RRR Evo worlds..and they dont break
its not a standard kit.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Right Xray is just not willing to create a "pro" kit because they consider anything besides the stock car completely optional even though the team drivers cars seem to differ from this.

Here is a couple of quotes from Mario on the Xray forum when asked about a NT1 FK '08 model.

"Based on the several months' feedback from team drivers and customers world wide, the NT1 is performing out of the box absolutely flawlessly and the specs out of the box make the NT1 winner at any track, so at this moment I can assure you that there will NOT be any change to the kit specs unless some very small minor running changes and improvements, typically on making some tolerances even better, etc. But definitely there is NOT going to be any new kit or any new kit specs for a long long time."

"Please remember that all the option parts were designed by XRAY R&D and all of them are high perfromance parts. Some of the options are designed to be used for specific track conditions (thicker chassis, one-way, different roll bars, offsets, etc.) some are parts which just lighten the parts. Ultimately it is decision on the customer and driver what parts he may need for his particular racing conditions. As already mentioned, you can win any race with the out of the box car.

So to make the statement one more time clear and bold: There is absolutely NO plan to change any specs of the NT1 kit.
Talking about the XT8, it will be the very same case, the XT8 is outperforming the rest just out of the box (winning recently US Monster Truck Championship) and there will not be any different XT8 for a long long time. Hopefully this makes any questions and doubts clear."
Old 09-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

its not a standard kit.
You can still get a almost fully optioned RRR EVO WC for less than a NT1. And RRR has won something.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

The RRR won the worlds in 2004 and TQ'ed the following worlds
the real test will be the worlds in 2008
Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
You can still get a almost fully optioned RRR EVO WC for less than a NT1. And RRR has won something.
You make it sound like the NT1 has never crossed the finish line first.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

RRR
Old 09-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
You make it sound like the NT1 has never crossed the finish line first.
good one.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Whoops sorrry never meant to open a can of worms...when mentioning cvd on standard kit I figured we were talking about latest and greatest....if thats not the case then I guess I was wrong..but if were gonna compare apples to apples and not oranges, check out the cost of what I guess you wouldcall a standard rrr alot less than 4 bills
Old 09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
its not a standard kit.

Robert made it clear...it's standard in the EVO-Worlds
Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Whoops sorrry never meant to open a can of worms...when mentioning cvd on standard kit I figured we were talking about latest and greatest....if thats not the case then I guess I was wrong..but if were gonna compare apples to apples and not oranges, check out the cost of what I guess you wouldcall a standard rrr alot less than 4 bills
You must be more careful about posting such things on the internet and just accept the fact that you are paying extra to drive Xray and that you will have to buy additional parts to be comparable with the other kits in overall quality.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
You must be more careful about posting such things on the internet and just accept the fact that you are paying extra to drive Xray and that you will have to buy additional parts to be comparable with the other kits in overall quality.
Too funny Brian. You almost seem spiteful that XRAY forced you to buy their car and their name brand parts.

BTW.. Other than the CVDs, what would you replace on the car to make it a more comparable kit??

Kyosho and Mugen are the bargin brands. When I order parts from Japan, even with shipping, I save a substantial amount over LHS and online prices.

And just so that no one gets on may case, I spent $80 supporting my LHS this past weekend - none of it on XRAY parts. There is no local XRAY parts support. I have to pay online retail + shipping.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Too funny Brian. You almost seem spiteful that XRAY forced you to buy their car and their name brand parts.

BTW.. Other than the CVDs, what would you replace on the car to make it a more comparable kit??

Kyosho and Mugen are the bargin brands. When I order parts from Japan, even with shipping, I save a substantial amount over LHS and online prices.

And just so that no one gets on may case, I spent $80 supporting my LHS this past weekend - none of it on XRAY parts. There is no local XRAY parts support. I have to pay online retail + shipping.
The xray car is great, I just question the marketing. The front cvds are really the only thing I think every driver needs, US drivers basically need the spool/oneway though. They hit the target price range of the other premium cars, but didn't quite hit the bling factor while still covering the performance aspect. Look at the rrr evo wc, the hollow shafts, cvds, blade rear bar among others but I still feel the nt1 has improved my lap times over it if even by an extremely slight amount.

Local Xray support is killing me too, my shop has avoided ordering more than a few parts for the car since it came out which forces me to buy almost a second car worth of spares online to club race and then they wonder why I never have to buy anything. Nexusracing.net has got to be making a killing right now, I believe they are about the only ones with everything online and easy to search except for the new shocks.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Brian,

Do you really hate nitro? Or just XRAY? Maybe its me?

Seriously. The best way to have any effect on what XRAY does, concerning your own interests, is to send an email to [email protected] with your thoughts.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
just curious, what manufacturers have cvd's in the standard kit?..........I've only bought mugen before, and they didn't have them in it.
Good question, I am a newbie and I would also like to get an answer to this because when I was first buying my kit the EVo WCE was not out as yet and the standard kit was selling for $430 in my area and even higher online, I even saw it for $479.99 at Kyoshoameria(today) and even Kyosho mentioned when the WCE version came out they were bundling $300 worth of hopups for an extra $10($489.99), and all the other popular kits at the time mtx4, 720 were dog bones and they were all around $450 in my next of the woods. The only kit I could get for a low price with front CVDs standard were the G4S but then I had to add another $100 for EDtrans.

I got the NT1 for $390, well now I added the CVDs, so what is the problem?? Another friend of mine just bought the G4+ at $600 also marketing, I think I got of cheap

My 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.