RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

Got a call from a friend that is there. Traction is not good and tire wear is bad (around 3 to 4 mm in 5 minutes in sedan) and considering they are running 10 minutes qualys, tire wear is a big issue. Some people are comparing the tires wear to the one they had at a 1/8 nationals that they run at the speedway. Crazy!!!
Xray team looks good, with Paul on Top and Barry and Ralph also really close. Fast guys are all running high 12's. Fastest lap is mid 12 with Paul and Paolo in this club. It looks like Paulo has being strugling with the tires wear a lot cause he can't finish the 10 minutes with a brand new set of tires. Toso is fast also and in the Mugen camp, Art and a young Miami ace are also rigth there.
Considering that this is a promotional race to showcase the sport to a lot of people, it is a pretty impressive field. Hopefully official info will be posted soon. tomorrow one more round of qualys and the triple A main finals
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Default RC Pro

Its a blast in Homestead, much more than just another RC race, nothing like racing with the sounds of Indy cars in the background while enjoying the great Florida climate.

Tires smires, I'm racing too, is all being willing to adapt to the conditions. Sweeper in and out of back straight, very fast.

Lots of hot babes watching us race, Barry B did an interview with some TV hottie, we're all making RC history. Tomorrow we'll be running final quals in front of thousands and rocking their worlds with 3AAA 15min Mains.

Check out the internet broadcast tomorrow to hear it live.

Gotta go, my drink has arrived.

All the best!

Jeff Vargas
RC Pro
Old 03-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miker2209
Got a call from a friend that is there. Traction is not good and tire wear is bad (around 3 to 4 mm in 5 minutes in sedan) and considering they are running 10 minutes qualys, tire wear is a big issue. Some people are comparing the tires wear to the one they had at a 1/8 nationals that they run at the speedway. Crazy!!!
Xray team looks good, with Paul on Top and Barry and Ralph also really close. Fast guys are all running high 12's. Fastest lap is mid 12 with Paul and Paolo in this club. It looks like Paulo has being strugling with the tires wear a lot cause he can't finish the 10 minutes with a brand new set of tires. Toso is fast also and in the Mugen camp, Art and a young Miami ace are also rigth there.
Considering that this is a promotional race to showcase the sport to a lot of people, it is a pretty impressive field. Hopefully official info will be posted soon. tomorrow one more round of qualys and the triple A main finals
Thanks! Really appreciate the info.

Team XRAY's performance is not too surprising, given the poor traction. Are they having tire wear issues as well??

Any chance that the traction will improve? Why is it bad to begin with?? What type of surface is it?
Old 03-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Tires smires, I'm racing too, is all being willing to adapt to the conditions. Sweeper in and out of back straight, very fast.
Tires smires?? Adapt to the conditions??
Old 03-24-2007, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

The Xray team is not having tire issues. I guess because of the driving style. The conditions will not get better. There are about 8 to 9 guys that are really fast at the event. You have toso, paul, barry, ralph, scotty, art, paolo, dj, hope i did not miss anyone. we all running a fast lap of 12.5 to 12.6. Today will be fun, I think paolo and I have found a fix to the tire problem. We will see.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Check out the internet broadcast tomorrow to hear it live.
Any one know where and what time the bradcast starts?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

http://www.live365.com/stations/rcproseries?site=pro
Old 03-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

there is nothing scheduled on teh that link
How is the event going so far ?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
The Xray team is not having tire issues. I guess because of the driving style. The conditions will not get better. There are about 8 to 9 guys that are really fast at the event. You have toso, paul, barry, ralph, scotty, art, paolo, dj, hope i did not miss anyone. we all running a fast lap of 12.5 to 12.6. Today will be fun, I think paolo and I have found a fix to the tire problem. We will see.
Thanks for the info DJ. I hope you guys figure out how to fix the tire wear issue.

I have my suspicions as to why Team XRAY is not having the tire wear issue.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Thanks for the info DJ. I hope you guys figure out how to fix the tire wear issue.

rainer, i sent you a pm.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joemugen
rainer, i sent you a pm.
Got it. Reply sent.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Carlton just called and said Paul LeMieux won Touring Car, and Tosolini won 1/8th scale.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Suspended

where are the pics?
Old 03-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

I think I already know. check my PM RMDHAWAII..........
Old 03-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What happened to the broadcast coverage?
On another note, Congrats to Paul and Toso!!

Last edited by Art Jensen; 03-25-2007 at 05:16 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.