Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I've been reading this post and what seems messed up is it doesn't seem like you even gave Sam a chance to correct the issue before you came on here and bashed his store. I think that is why everyone is jumping on your case. I've had issues with Summit Racing where stuff arrived broke. Guess what I didn't go on a site and bash them I called them and they overnighted me the item in an attempt to keep me happy. Bashing a store on the internet is totally uncalled for unless they refuse to work with you.

ALain
Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rageworks,

Give it a rest already. If you are ticked, that is your perrogative. However, your way of resolving the issue was all wrong. You bashed before you tried to get the situation resolved through proper channels. You probably still have not contacted Sam at Kamikaze or your local UPS hub office manager to see if they could have fixed this before coming on RCTech to bash. And, the wishing ill-will on someone because your package was damaged is just plain childish. From your more recent posts, you still will not listen to reason or have learned a thing. I will say again, Karma is a b**** and when it comes back and bites you in the a$$, just remember it stems from your rants on this forum about this situation. Your Tech name fits you well; sorry that your "rage" is not "working" to your benefit.

Last edited by JLock; 04-08-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You have to give people a chance to explain what happend before you go off on a public forum, Im sure Sam would have taken care of it if you had given him a chance. This seems to be all on UPS, they are the ones that handle the package after Sam gives it to them. Once the package leaves Sam's hands, whatever hapens to it is not his fault. I've never had a problem with a any shipment from Kamikaze, they have always been helpfull to me.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anybody try the 2speed from evolva for dm-1,any feedback'
Old 04-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc4fun
Anybody try the 2speed from evolva for dm-1,any feedback'
I installed an Evolva transmission into my Inferno GT 1 and it works very well. It is a definite improvement over the stock IGT trans.
My DM1Spec transmission has wider and stronger parts than the Evolva parts. It is a clutch type and so far has worked well.
What is your reasoning for wanting to install an Evolva trans into a DM1??
Old 04-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
I installed an Evolva transmission into my Inferno GT 1 and it works very well. It is a definite improvement over the stock IGT trans.
My DM1Spec transmission has wider and stronger parts than the Evolva parts. It is a clutch type and so far has worked well.
What is your reasoning for wanting to install an Evolva trans into a DM1??
I've heard they are better material than dm-1 factory clutch' and more consistent'
Old 04-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey every one! First time posting, but I have search through out all the posts on the gt2 and the dm 1 pro. It was very hard to decide which car to buy because both seem to be great cars but I finally bought a dm 1 pro. I now, I am a bit late to the excitement but I took off from the RC cars for a few years and now trying to get back to it all. I just wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts about the cars, it was very helpful.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Welcome nycracer and welcome back to R/C, make sure you post some pics of your car.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nycracer
Hey every one! First time posting, but I have search through out all the posts on the gt2 and the dm 1 pro. It was very hard to decide which car to buy because both seem to be great cars but I finally bought a dm 1 pro. I now, I am a bit late to the excitement but I took off from the RC cars for a few years and now trying to get back to it all. I just wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts about the cars, it was very helpful.
Nice choice' We having trophy race tornado challeng April 26, visit the site 301raceway.com or can check this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h32pVb_wgbY
Old 04-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Well today I just got my dm 1 pro and the first thing I did after work is straight to an oval track. I can’t be any happier with the car, however, after braking in the engine I started to tune it and faster it went. But like everyone said on the forums is the tires it flew of the rim and my day was over. However, I still had a lot of fun breaking in the engine and I really like how the car is put together. I will post pics and videos on the oval track. thanks guys!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey everyone, a very sad day! I am not sure what happen with my piston rod, it bended and broke into many pieces. I know I broke in the engine like I remember with my other cars. It was running well then the gas ran out; it didn’t just stop on me. It sounded like normal when the gas runs out, a short high pitch and off it goes. After that I called it a day. I took it back home and started to clean it, took out the glow plug to check the condition it was fine. I wanted to look at the piston from the glow plug opening and I pull on the pull start the piston move up but it stop. Then I pulled it again and the piston didn’t move but the pull start continue to work find. Then I knew I had a problem and took the engine apart and found this…..

what you guys think it caused it? Is it a manufacture problem?
Attached Thumbnails new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)-pistonrod1.jpg   new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)-pistonrod2.jpg   new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)-pistonrod3.jpg   new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)-pistonrod4.jpg  
Old 04-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am very sorry to read about your misfortune with the engine. Wonder if the piston and sleve were not worn in enough resulting in heat and mechanical stress on the connecting rod.
How many tanks of fuel did you run through the engine, and what breakin procedure did you use?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey, i did 6 tanks, the 1 first tank i let it idle, the 2nd and 3rd tank i did half throttle for like 3 secs. 4th and 5th tank i did full throttle for 3 secs and the last i did full throttle for about 5 secs. i also let it cold down after every tank. Anyway, I call Ofna and they told me if I bought the car within 30 days they will replace my engine.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:32 PM
wwoodruff

Originally Posted by nycracer
Hey, i did 6 tanks, the 1 first tank i let it idle, the 2nd and 3rd tank i did half throttle for like 3 secs. 4th and 5th tank i did full throttle for 3 secs and the last i did full throttle for about 5 secs. i also let it cold down after every tank. Anyway, I call Ofna and they told me if I bought the car within 30 days they will replace my engine.
Wow, that is big of them. What fuel are you running? Looks like it may have run lean and over revved. Might have been a bearing failure also.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Rookie

I was surprised too! However, let’s see what they say after they get the engine. I was using 15% fuel In the brake in phase and 30% on the track. The one thing I notice is it sounded like if it was too rich even if I lean it up to 2 ½ turns. However, the engine stall when I hit full throttle then I richen a bit until the engine didn’t do it anymore, temperature was find. The one thing that I am kind of confused is that the inside of the engine where the crankshaft is located has no scratches. Which is odd because if this happen when idle or full throttle it would leave some marks on the inside walls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.