Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Florida Winter Nats

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
WRONG.....its not mugen owners complaining.......try again.
OK, everyone EXCEPT X-ray then.....

I know, I know.. Go back to the electric thread....
Old 02-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
WRONG.....its not mugen owners complaining.......try again.
Well ok...2 of the 3 on this page complaining have Mugen MTX 4 in their sig...the other has Kyosho...LOL. Either way its pretty stupied to be bitter over something so sensless.

EA
Old 02-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
WOW...I thought electric guys were bad. Sounds like a bunch of Mugen owners complaining because Xray took the basic design of ALL gas cars (not just mugen) other than Serpent and improved on them, made it better and put Xray on it!!

Get over it....Its toy cars for bowling trophies!! It could be worse!!

EA
Well, I own a Mugen, and I won't be buying any more motors from you.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by JetMD
If you cant take a joke then thats your choice...I wasnt bashing anyone...just posting my opinion in a joking matter...note the smiley faces and laughing faces...Sorry your too childish to realize that!!

EA
Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Guys,

Well back home and at work and still with a big smile in the face (even if i was really disappointed for the 1/8 scale). Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Congrats to Toso for his victory in 1/8

Congrats to my Team USA. Better luck next time. Thanks to all the Serpent Team for their effort and support.

I will like to thanks all my sponsors Serpent, Serpent USA, Mega MF, Jaco, Maxys Fuel, SPP, KoPropo, Faskolor, Spektrum, Javier Body Works.

Special Thanks to Gianni, Rafael, Roniel, Bruno, and Doug. It's is for sure really important to count with so much knowledge, talent and experience in the Team.

Thanks to Fabio and Antonio from Max Power.

Thanks to Jack Rimer for providing an excellent product

Thanks to Maxys Fuel for the support.

There are also a lot of people behind the scene making this possible. Thanks to all, they know who they are

Last but not leats, thanks to Ft Myers crew for an excellent event. Hope next year you guys can figure out a way to control the weather

Back to business......... 720 TQ/Victory Setup will be publish soon

Paolo
greta job you and the team did at the winternats keep up the great work paolo
jimmy
Old 02-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by JetMD
The more I think about it the more pissed off I get....Just because I own my own company does that mean I cant post my personal opinion on here? I guess I need to make a fake name on RCTech like half the other chickenshits and bash away from now on!!

EA
Old 02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

First, what I came here to post... the photos of all nine mains run on Sunday are now posted on SGrid Online, www.sgrid.com. I've still got a bunch of photos to go through, some of which will be sent to RC Car, and others that will be posted tomorrow, along with the equipment sheets of who was using what. I think just about anyone who ran on Saturday will be in at least one of the photos, probably a lot more.

...on soapbox...
It's Jim Rice's race, and the Ft. Myers crew runs things the way they think is best. It's the same track for everyone, so if it's smooth or rough, it's equally rough on a factory guy as a newcomer. Jim ran things more or less the same as the way World Championships are run - for the most part, there isn't a re-sort. The only thing they do at the Worlds (and here) is to move drivers around where it's obvious someone is in the wrong heat, based on performance. I did ask Jim about whether or not there would be a re-sort, and he thought things were pretty good just the way they were, with a few minor changes he had made.
...off soapbox

Hey, if anyone wants to complain, why not yell at the weatherman, who sent us 30-degree temperatures!!!! :-)
Old 02-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

By the way, the sponsor sheets did not ask what kind of body the racer ran. If you ran in one of the A-Mains, and if you want your body listed in the magazine report, please send an email to me (mikem @ rc-racing.com) giving your name, the class, and the body you ran. I'll pass it all on to Jarrod for the report he's doing.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Give it a break!

Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ
There was a mix up !

The 960 and the ray wood vids were donated by Mozler M Racing.

Not Serpent !

As for the Sedans racing at the Winternats.
It was a blast as always.

I cant belive a World class Team x-ray could overlook a tech issue like that.
Their paying the wrong people.
What it did for all of us small time drivers in all of the mid to lower mains was there was no chance to advance,all you could do was let this World Champion
blow past you to win the race,race,race,race,race......
No body in this sport wants to be the axe man and take out someone like that.
I dont think with all the qulifiers that was the best he could get in to start at the bottom,I think it was a marketing Tactic
Starting at the bottom battling to the top,passing all the small to mid time drivers putting in there mind that this car is the best thing out,ooooh i got to go get one.
$$$$$$$$$$$$

The real test will be when the everyday racer gets his/her hands on it and then lets see!

I'm there to be in the middle some where and to have a great time and learn from the pros.

just my 2cents worth

Thank you again MMR for the donated gifts.

Jeff
Blowin' smoke BBQ
Talk about blowing Jeff's post into something that it is not. I mean let's get real here. He didn't ever bash them, just said he was surprised they could forget a detail like that and that it would be a great way to prove the ability of the kit to win a bunch of races (in one event). He didn't bash the car, or the team, or the people that coordinated the event.

In fact, he showed his appreciation several times to the people that put on the raffle due to his winnings and that he had a blast racing. If ANY of you knew Jeff personally and learned to take online posts with a grain of salt since there is no true emotion in them, then you might think twice about rippin on him.

As for the Jilles running through all the mains, it's a result of the rocket round qualifying system with bumpups. It is neither the race directors, nor the drivers fault for his position if he had a bad qualifying experience. The only concern would be if he did it on purpose. Nobody will ever truly know if that was the case or not, but honestly, its done, and its over with. Qualipoints helps to avoid that and allow multiple people to bump up and is an alternative, but many people don't like that system either.

Go ahead and flame me if you like, but I know the Mugen Drivers that you speak of and they really could careless about bashing on xray specifically. They are speaking more from procedural point of view on how to deal with situations like a talented driver, such as Jilles, that had bad qualifying. That is about it.

I regret that I didnt get to attend the event and look forward to attending next year.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The more I think about it the more pissed off I get....Just because I own my own company does that mean I cant post my personal opinion on here? I guess I need to make a fake name on RCTech like half the other chickenshits and bash away from now on!!

EA

EA---put the gun down and step back!! LOL... see you in the electric thread..
Old 02-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would like to start by saying Thanks to Jim Rice and his entire crew for putting on a spectacular race. Congratulations to all the winners of all classes. I would also like to thank all my sponsors Kyosho America, Werks Fuels and Motors, Murnan Modifieds, PnP Hobbies, 2mmDESIGNS. Big Shout out to all my Jamaican brethren , Solo Artist, The Sims and to all my home boys you know who you are and plenty of respect. There is nothing better than meeting knew people, racing against the best drivers and chilling in a sweet pad for a week. Sorry there is something better...its called W-Nats '08 and Ill be there for sure.

Hey if I forgot anyone i'm sorry..Not!!!!

Robert Maestrey
Old 02-20-2007, 03:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Congrats to my pana Robert Maestry, GOOD JOB and Tosolini for his victory
in 1\8. I see you in the summer in the Latin American Cup.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Having known Jilles very well since 1996 and the whole Hudy family since 2001 I cannot help myself but respond to this ridiculous post:

Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ
I dont think with all the qulifiers that was the best he could get in to start at the bottom,I think it was a marketing Tactic
Starting at the bottom battling to the top,passing all the small to mid time drivers putting in there mind that this car is the best thing out,ooooh i got to go get one.
$$$$$$$$$$$$
Jilles allways wants to do the very best he can. When he practices he is allways racing against the clock and even in practice is upset when he is a bit slower than what he feels he should be capable of. And you seriously think he would hold back and qualify as low as he did as marketing ploy? Knowing that only a string of 7 final WINS (!) would help him make it to the A?

I am sorry, but then you don't know Jilles at all.

Moreover implying that XRay would purposely plan this is ridiculous. In all the international events I attended as part of team XRay Juraj has never, and I do mean never, given any team orders to any of the team drivers. If he had XRay would have won at least one European Championship, but he didn't, wanting to keep racing fair.

Clearly you don't know Juraj at all either.

Is there some conspiracy going on to bad mouth team XRay that I should know about?
Old 02-20-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow... this is sounding more like Formula 1 racing.....

Oh wait, it is the Formula 1 of the RC world.....
Old 02-20-2007, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tony

Jeff Epperson here i have no problem with X-RAY or any other car,all i made is one simple comment on my thought for the race.
Sorry if anybody got the wrong idea.
And everybody got off in this frenzy.

This is why you hardley ever see me get into any discussion with anybody online,because there is no way to tell the feelings on the screen.

I live in the Atlanta Ga area we race at the Sugarbowl this fourm stuff in my opion is on of the biggest reasons why they went out of business because of the negative energy created drove people away in droves,now we rent it month my month and run the race only no hobby shop!

I'll say again i have no problem with anybody or any car !
Cant wait to meet all and everybody face to face it's all good.
see everybody in KISSIMMEE next !

Later
Jeff Epperson
Blowin' Smoke BBQ

P.S. I will be Cooking at the Kissimme race 1st weekend in march,my prices are alot more reasonable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.