Winternats 2003

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winternats 2003

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 08:19 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I don't see what is wrong with Serpent reporting about only how they are doing.

Sadly, R/C Media is a touchy area. You can either wait 6 months to read about an event in the magazines, or you can garner whatever info you can from the spotty net coverage.

I try to cover whatever I can for R/C Tech, but since I am sponsored by none other than my VISA check card, I can't go to too many events! It would be nice if there was better coverage on the net, but there has to be money in there somewhere for it to work. Websites like this one can't charge people to read their stories the way a magazine can. Similarly, a magazine is not going to put their stories on the web, since then no one will buy the magazine.

Personally, I am glad to see even limited, slanted coverage of races on the net. Four or five years ago, you had nothing but the magazines. That sucked.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Where did yall guys read the report??

UUmmmmm...
Good one PUNISHER...

futureal summed it up pretty nicely. I say take the reports wherever you read it from with a pinch of salt. At the end of the day, you'll know who is fast and who is not.

And to verify if indeed the reporters on these websites were full of ****, I do think that a big event such as this will be covered and reported (later) in RC mags like RC Nitro, Xtreme RC or the likes.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Futureal,

Thank goodness for forums like this. I think that there is an expectation that when we read something, we will learn the who, what, when and where of it. Of course, there is always some assumption that there will be a predisposed bias for whatever reason. I happen to feel that the reporting that covered the event up until now was some of the poorest I have seen yet. Team Serpent would like to project a certain image through their reporting and when it comes down to it, their antics on the track tell another story. It is a shame that this type of thing happens. The drivers that are sponsored by Visa and MasterCard deserve better than this for their efforts. It is just so bad for the hobby we love.
Old 02-14-2003, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
And to verify if indeed the reporters on these websites were full of ****, I do think that a big event such as this will be covered and reported (later) in RC mags like RC Nitro, Xtreme RC or the likes.
And why not the own organization can drive on a website some comments, photos and results of the qualifications each day?

Nowadays the lap counting programs can output results to HTML format ready to be submitted to a website.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

From what little I have heard-the traction is amazing down there. Like running a gas race on sticky Ozite carpet!!! Even higher. Open practice was so busy-you couldnt even do a timed run for fuel economy.

Congrats to two Local Cleveland, Ohio racers in the A main in 235 4wd class. Kelly Bean and Jim Herrmann!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 06:38 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Default traction

From pictures i saw i think someone got a little traction compound happy,i think such track conditions would be an advantage for the japanese drivers just like in sydney during the world champs.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: traction

Originally posted by JUN
From pictures i saw i think someone got a little traction compound happy,i think such track conditions would be an advantage for the japanese drivers just like in sydney during the world champs.
that is not the japanese home track ! why there is an advantage for japanese?
Old 02-14-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Post HIGH TRACTION....

Most Japenese tracks are perment with high traction.
Unlike track here in the US..........

Its a small advantage

Old 02-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default yea...right on..

Mugen...go...go...go...!!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 08:47 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: traction

Originally posted by Manticore
that is not the japanese home track ! why there is an advantage for japanese?
From what i hear a lot of Japanese ones are high traction tracks,not necessarily the same setup or design.This does not necessarily mean a disadvantage for the rest,except maybe for the snake salven.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Don't forget, this is Ralph Burch's home track which is an obvious advantage for him and partly to Serpent.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Gemballa750
Don't forget, this is Ralph Burch's home track which is an obvious advantage for him and partly to Serpent.
this is what i mean.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree w/ the fact at least we're getting some sort of reporting rather than wait 3 months for a mag. to put it out! Whoever gives it!
Old 02-15-2003, 02:13 AM
JUN
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Gemballa750
Yeh he would have a big advantage cause of that,he's going ok at the moment it seems but not really close to either salven or osaka going by mytsn.

I just read a report of a piston exploding,i've never heard of that happening before,stange and spooky..
Old 02-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

traction was good, but not as good as cinn, ws, the track was very fun and a a big fuel eating track... fuel consumption was high...

was a lot of fun though..

the track was resufaced and no one had any advantage......

and everyone was fast but a wall at speed can kill a car, even though i think these were the best wall i have ever had the pleasure of hitting..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.