Search

looking for a car. need help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default looking for a car. need help.

hello everybody.
i am just getting into the R/C world
i am looking for a drifting car.. new or used..
looking for suggestions on a choice for a car..
1/8-1/10 scale
must be nitro.
thanks allot.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

ill tell u something. its better that u do not drift with nitro. as drifting involves slippery tires or popular PVCs, u would easily rev ur engine to high rpms and during a drift u would maintain it at those high rpms, thus reducing the life of ur engine by a large amount. plus, drifting does not really go at high speed thus lesser airflow thru ur engine's heatsink, hence a hotter running engine, which again damages ur engine.

in singapore, the sgDrifters team use only electric powered vehicles and these are relatively cheap to start of with. ill give u a few choices.

if u have the budget, go for a yokomo drift kit. this kit is one of those kits regarded as easy to drift with, and come with those yokomo drift tires with drift rings. these rings easily get u going sideways, however wear rate is quite an issue here in singapore, compared to PVC pipe tires which lasts way longer.

looking for something cheaper? go for the tamiya TB-02. i have this car and personally i think its able to hang with those drifters. and telling u the truth... most drifters use the tamiya TT01 and with the right upgrades its enough to hang around with other drifters and have nice corners. but yeah. most importantly. u need pvc tires to get u going. heh. have fun looking around.