Wiki Posts
Search

new parma r-10 1/8th body

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow new parma r-10 1/8th body

hey guys i went to the great lakes challenge this past weekend to see the boys lay it down. i noticed that parma has a new 1/8 body out called the R-10. it looks slick. most of the cars that i saw running it looked really good.

i asked paul, from parma, what he thought of it. he said they tried to make the car have more overall traction, so it would not lose steering while still maintaining good rear bite. sounds like some high downforce.

it's definitely gonna be worth checking out. i think paul finished 3rd with it behind joel johnson, and aaron buran.

- julio vanitos -
Old 08-07-2006, 08:06 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Got any pics of this new body? Is it like the Dome?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Seaball i saw that body in action at the byrons race in illinois, it was the body of choice to the guy who was in the lead of the 1/8th scale A main final, until the reciever pack in his car died on him with 10 minutes to go and he had a 3 lap lead on the field which included some very very big name national championship drivers.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, the new Parma body has very good overall down force.

Paul has spent the last couple of months working on the body, along with Aaron. Parma's new R-10 is very very good.

During testing and developement a number of different versions of the body were tried and tested. Each version of the body incorporated some new ideas and designs that were none to be of benefit. The testing was done at higher bite tracks like Toledo and also parking lot tracks like in Wis. and Mentor, OH.

I was around for some of the testing at the Mentor track. It was very interesting to do some "A" "B" and "C" testing with different bodies on the same car within 5 to 6 minutes. Lap times were checked and overall feel of the cars performance and consistance were taken into consideration.

The best way to describe how the New Parma body feels on your car as compared to last years Lola bodies is the Parma body makes your car feel like you have your best test of tires on the car. It is planted (nose and tail) and very consistant.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I agree with Mr. XPHammer, the R-10 body worked very well. The body gives more downforce along with a little more steering than the other bodies that we have tested.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Any pictures? Thanks.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Any pix out there?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Go to rccaraction.com and pull up the thread Byron Challenge / IL ....
there's a couple of pics there that I've looked at. It's painted
White with a Black Stripe. Looks similar to the Audi 03 from the top
excluding a 2 driver compartment / like the Dome except the Drivers
on the other side of the cockpit / left side instead of the Right side
like the Dome.

Take care!

Terry
Old 08-09-2006, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is a picture of it

http://sgrid.rcpics.net/2006/glc/thu...s/MJM_6162.htm
Old 08-09-2006, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Here is a picture from the Great Lakes Challenge, the body provides the same amount of steering as The Dome, but it is more stable and forgiving, especially under braking and acceleration. Which is amazing considering that The Dome was huge improvement over the Lola's. Paul and I did a lot of testing with this body, and kept going back to The Dome after every change to make sure we didn't sacrifice anything. Unlike a lot of bodies on the market we went through 4-5 prototype versions before the production body was pulled. We also not only tested it at Toledo under high bite scenario's but also Racine & Mentor (very low bite), and Paul took it IRP. We weren't able to survey the field at the Great Lakes Challenge, but it looked like over half of the field was running this body, which is incredible considering that the production bodies were pulled the week before.
Attached Thumbnails new parma r-10 1/8th body-p1010033.jpg  
Old 08-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Damn, I just got through painting a CEFX! Now I gotta get one of these .
Old 08-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know mine is coming...........can't wait to try it on. Thanks Paul for the good work....

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 08-09-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron_buran
Here is a picture from the Great Lakes Challenge, the body provides the same amount of steering as The Dome, but it is more stable and forgiving, especially under braking and acceleration. Which is amazing considering that The Dome was huge improvement over the Lola's. Paul and I did a lot of testing with this body, and kept going back to The Dome after every change to make sure we didn't sacrifice anything. Unlike a lot of bodies on the market we went through 4-5 prototype versions before the production body was pulled. We also not only tested it at Toledo under high bite scenario's but also Racine & Mentor (very low bite), and Paul took it IRP. We weren't able to survey the field at the Great Lakes Challenge, but it looked like over half of the field was running this body, which is incredible considering that the production bodies were pulled the week before.
Do you have the official part number for the new body?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Do you have the official part number for the new body?
The part # is #1220 and #1220L. They will be available through distributors early next week.

Paul
Old 08-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Parma Body

Just willing to share my experience about the new body. I try it this past weekend at the GLC back to back with the K body. Overall same steering feeling but a lot more neutral. Overall, better balance and so easier to drive.
Good job Paul, i know you put a lot of effort on this project. Very well done.

Paolo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.