Wiki Posts
Search

Rossi R12 Pixy

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Rossi R12 Pixy

I should have stopped fiddling when it was working

Does anyone know the base carb settings for the Rossi R12 Pixy, model 163 R12, 3 port turbo on 16% fuel.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pitbits
I should have stopped fiddling when it was working

Does anyone know the base carb settings for the Rossi R12 Pixy, model 163 R12, 3 port turbo on 16% fuel.
Try 5 turns out on the high speed needle and 3 on the low speed needle.... I hope you didn't mess with the mid-range needle at all... If you did, set it flush with the carb body... With the hsn at 5 turns out and the low at 3 turns out, you'll be alittle rich... Tune the low speed needle first... Then set the high... Teamtrinity racing used to have a help page and the carb base setting there, but they've since changed there page and don't sell that motor anymore... The Rossi Pixy's carb is easy to set and holds it's settings very well... One thing you should consider being that the Rossi Pixy has been on the market for over 4 years now... And not saying yours is 4 years old... Is getting a new motor... .02

RC_Alan
Old 07-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Rookie

The engine was new for this season, but it had probably been sitting on someones shelf for some time, it's not the latest technology I know.

I would like a new motor but there are only 2 more rounds of the BRCA rubber championship to go, I will get a new one next year I think.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

I would check the crank as the engine comes in 2 models, the pixy and the pixy black. The one I had was a pixy black and had a non BRCA crank so I couldnt use it for the nationals

Cheers
Old 07-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I ran the pixy engine (gold head) for a season and it was fast and remained tight for a long time. The only reason I don't use it now is because I'm having difficulty finding replacement parts for it. This motor can hang with the best of them
Old 07-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_alan
Try 5 turns out on the high speed needle and 3 on the low speed needle.... I hope you didn't mess with the mid-range needle at all... If you did, set it flush with the carb body... With the hsn at 5 turns out and the low at 3 turns out, you'll be alittle rich... Tune the low speed needle first... Then set the high... Teamtrinity racing used to have a help page and the carb base setting there, but they've since changed there page and don't sell that motor anymore... The Rossi Pixy's carb is easy to set and holds it's settings very well... One thing you should consider being that the Rossi Pixy has been on the market for over 4 years now... And not saying yours is 4 years old... Is getting a new motor... .02

RC_Alan

haha dude its not a .21! 5turns out is so rich it wont even start!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
5 1/2 turns is right for me. 5 is too lean

Cheers
Old 07-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
Out of respect for your Father and the hobbiest here... I'm deleting my prior post... There's no place for that... I'll just chaulk it up as lack of information on your part...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 07-21-2006 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
5 1/2 turns is right for me. 5 is too lean

Cheers
5 turns on the hsn was close for me... Every carb is alittle different and will not tune the same way... Also fuel, Nitro % and weather will also change carb settings...

RC_Alan