Wiki Posts
Search

I think I have an air leak?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default I think I have an air leak?

Hi all,
Just so you know what this is a problem with I have an old Kyosho V-one S with the stock GS15R engine. This all started a few days ago when I started the engine and it was idling high. I look at the gap in the carby at idle and it looks like its normal position. So I pull the carby off and check the o-ring and the sealing surfaces they are all clean and dirt free, no nicks in the o-ring everything looks fine. I check the backplate and it is tight and once again the seal looks fine. So I decide that for whatever reason the idle has changed and maybe I should just close the carby idle slightly then everything will be ok. Yep the engine idles fine now but the carby is closed completely and every time I back off after full throttle the engine flames out.
I know my carby shouldn't need to be closed to idle. But I have no I dear where the leak could be or even if it is an air leak. Any ideas?

Dishy
Old 06-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

try to richen the bottom end. it is possible that the climate is much colder than when you run the last time. the more dense the air (the colder it is) the more fuel needed hence it may be running lean at idle causing the idle to be higher than normal.