Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Whats in Maryland? I was going to see my family in June, they are in AC.
1 of the best tracks in the USA. The track is really nice. If u have the time u should check it out.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Whats in Maryland? I was going to see my family in June, they are in AC.
http://www.cwhits.com/video.html
Go here and you can see the track from last year. It has been repaved after last summer.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Does anyone know if there are non-quick release axles available for the MRX_4 or MRX4-R? Screw-on nut style. I've seen them for serpents but not Mugens. I'm just trying to tighten up the wheel fit on my car. I could probably fab some but I would like to know if someone allready makes them.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Wow I can't wait until June now
Old 03-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DogboneS
Does anyone know if there are non-quick release axles available for the MRX_4 or MRX4-R? Screw-on nut style. I've seen them for serpents but not Mugens. I'm just trying to tighten up the wheel fit on my car. I could probably fab some but I would like to know if someone allready makes them.
www.centralrc.co.jp gets one for rear. check it out. But the orginal one's been good and i have not had any "things" coming out.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DogboneS
Not yet but I know they are almost in production at YBslow Inc. Sometime late April early May.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Wow I can't wait until June now

Here is a short video of the new layout, the paint and boards go down today,and berms will be made in the next couple of weeks. Hope you can make it out, going to be nice.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...nt=NiceRun.flv
Old 03-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I can't take it anymore, I just ordered a Mrx-4r from Brooklynhobbies. They have tons in of the latest batch at a reasonable price. After seeing the videos of how fast these babies can go I broke down and bought one. Can someone tell me if I need to but a 1 piece engine mount or does it come with one? I have the mtx-4 and love it, I can't wait to get 1/8 scale started. I'm gonna have to save a bit for a good motor.

-- Wario
Old 03-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Get the one piece
Old 03-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Get the one piece
Geez, I guess that means it doesn't come with a one piece. How can mugen leave this detail out? Anything else I should know before I start building? I only have about $200 left on my budget for upgrades. What would you do? I'm not going for ceramic bearings (too much$$)

-- Wario
Old 03-17-2007, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Dont worry too much about upgrades. The car is great out the box. The one piece mount is a good start. The biggest upgrade/mod is to run a short wheelbase.............."cut arms". However, I would definitely without question drive the car first, and if possible drive a car with cut arms. That mod is a love/hate one. Most people love how the car rotates with it, but hate the work involved to mod the car. Get the aluminum front upper hinge pin mounts from Richie. They add to the strength of the front, and they look good. Start with "A" for the steering ackerman...this setting gives a good amount of steering. Other than that========="When in Doubt, Lean it Out".
Old 03-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lil Paul
Dont worry too much about upgrades. The car is great out the box. The one piece mount is a good start. The biggest upgrade/mod is to run a short wheelbase.............."cut arms". However, I would definitely without question drive the car first, and if possible drive a car with cut arms. That mod is a love/hate one. Most people love how the car rotates with it, but hate the work involved to mod the car. Get the aluminum front upper hinge pin mounts from Richie. They add to the strength of the front, and they look good. Start with "A" for the steering ackerman...this setting gives a good amount of steering. Other than that========="When in Doubt, Lean it Out".
Thanks, your advise will be taken seriously. It's good to know you don't have to do too much to this car.

-- Wario
Old 03-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'd stay away from the aluminum upper arm mounts. I've seen more than one person at my track have a relatively small front impact and that aluminum front hanger will crack your radio tray- unless you dremel the radio tray behind the hanger so it is not really tight there.

I dremel all the graphite parts to start and superglue the edges- radio tray and both shock towers.

I'd definitely mod the car for short rear WB as well
Old 03-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cdelong
I'd stay away from the aluminum upper arm mounts. I've seen more than one person at my track have a relatively small front impact and that aluminum front hanger will crack your radio tray- unless you dremel the radio tray behind the hanger so it is not really tight there.

I dremel all the graphite parts to start and superglue the edges- radio tray and both shock towers.

I'd definitely mod the car for short rear WB as well
This was the issue had with the mtx-4 hop-ups -- is the strength and stiffness added with metal parts more important than the flex taken away. I've have had alloy parts in the past (on my old ntc3) hold up on impact but transferred the impact to other parts the body which broke. I don't understand "dremel the graphite parts" & "mod the car for short rear WB".

-- Wario
Old 03-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the edges on the graphite are squared off and sharp. I round them off with a dremel and a good stone bit and superglue the edge when I'm done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.