New Nitro Sedan Tires,Racer imput needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Nitro Sedan Tires,Racer imput needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

The GQ tires are very strong and have looks very good too. Similar to BBS mesh.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnitro
The GQ tires are very strong and have looks very good too. Similar to BBS mesh.

GQ TIRES ARE DEFINITELY OUT OF THE TOPIC THEY ARE TOO EXPENSIVE and ORANGE in COLOR I suggest either the MICRO SYSTEMS TIRE, THE NEW JACO/SERPENT, TWISTER or MONO the prices on this tires are very competitive and they perform well
Old 05-11-2006, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
GQ TIRES ARE DEFINITELY OUT OF THE TOPIC THEY ARE TOO EXPENSIVE and ORANGE in COLOR I suggest either the MICRO SYSTEMS TIRE, THE NEW JACO/SERPENT, TWISTER or MONO the prices on this tires are very competitive and they perform well
IMO the Microsystems color NEON RED looks even worse then GQ's orange.
A dish rim with small slots like the Serpent rims is probably the best design, in white or neon yellow color.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

With the rim..... it neads to be a tough and stiff as possible !
Cars are getting faster and faster. To keep up, the rim neads to replicate this and be able to withstand the cornering forces placed on them.
It would be a good idea to try and incorporate minimal slots to aid adjustments. But stiffness and strength nead to be paramount.

If your going to aim at the racing faternity (mainly) then the idea mensioned above of only making the foam 63mm Diameter would be a good idea.
I don't know of anyone who runs a larger tire then 62mm !

Put the set in a small bag. It helps to keep foams fresh, moist and ready for racing. Without, the foams get 'old' quicker while never having been opened.

I would go with the european type foam. It's long lasting and has very good grip.
Ran out of time.
Tony
Old 05-11-2006, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by British Menace
With the rim..... it neads to be a tough and stiff as possible !
Cars are getting faster and faster. To keep up, the rim neads to replicate this and be able to withstand the cornering forces placed on them.
It would be a good idea to try and incorporate minimal slots to aid adjustments. But stiffness and strength nead to be paramount.

If your going to aim at the racing faternity (mainly) then the idea mensioned above of only making the foam 63mm Diameter would be a good idea.
I don't know of anyone who runs a larger tire then 62mm !

Put the set in a small bag. It helps to keep foams fresh, moist and ready for racing. Without, the foams get 'old' quicker while never having been opened.

I would go with the european type foam. It's long lasting and has very good grip.
Ran out of time.
Tony
Being from Europe i would say the Jap foam is the best. It just depends on which rim you run. Run a set of Ellegi and then run a set of Jap Foam tires on Elligi rims and the Jap rubber will last longer and provide better grip.

I dont mind spending the time to glue and true my own tires. I run a specific rim (Fast Laps) and would prefer being able to get good quality donuts instead.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

It is all Japanese foam. No one uses European foam anymore.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Let me add some input please.
I will sugest to look into "Active" tires. If you can find out what compounds they use-then you got one of the best set up ready. They are pretty expencive now, but it is set up free (at list for me) tires. here is their web site www.active-hobby.com
Edward
Old 05-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I liked the gq tires the rim was strong, tires didnt chunk easily and you had acces to the pillowballs to make adjustments. The orange didnt bother me i liked the bbs styling of the rim too.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I did some research on EBAY about those who buy RC cars from ebay....those GQ tires (neon orange) does get their attension alot more then white or yellow rims...I think that is a PLUS (on selling cars).

However, I have to agree....GQ price need to get some work. I hope Joseph can look deep into that especially in the US market.

About foams...japanese versus european.....do you guys believe at the end, all the donuts are made in china...? For real....
Old 05-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Default Mugen USA

1rst performance would be the key factor the rim needs to be strong but yet light as you are developing this new product don't settle for anything less.
2nd looks are very important I think a dish rim with a 3.5 hole drill into the outer part of the rim for camber and toe adjustment would be cool, you could also sale different color dish stickers to match your paint scheme.
3rd pricing is very hard to deal with normally when something cost more it means it's a good product I choose to buy Yokohoma's not Kumo's tires for my real car because of performance............LOL.............
Old 05-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

I think you have to have a trade off.
If you want a quality product taht is value for money then keep things simple.
When you have to many choices it starts getting a bit stupid ,guys cant make up thier minds what they want to use and lhs's have to carry a large inventory to keep all the options.
I would look at option of 3 rim designs ie/; dish,mesh(bbs)and 5/6 spoke.The latter two being simple and classic good looking.Settle on 1 or 2 colours (grey and yellow are my choice).A lip on the rim will help protect the foam from chunking as well as add some strength.
Look at the most popular affsets used.
Finally a durable ,high grip foam pre trued to 62/61mm.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Default Thanks

Guys we are taking all of these in please keep it coming,First protos are being tested this weekend
Old 05-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Default Mugen USA

Originally Posted by razzor
I think you have to have a trade off.
If you want a quality product taht is value for money then keep things simple.
When you have to many choices it starts getting a bit stupid ,guys cant make up thier minds what they want to use and lhs's have to carry a large inventory to keep all the options.
I would look at option of 3 rim designs ie/; dish,mesh(bbs)and 5/6 spoke.The latter two being simple and classic good looking.Settle on 1 or 2 colours (grey and yellow are my choice).A lip on the rim will help protect the foam from chunking as well as add some strength.
Look at the most popular affsets used.
Finally a durable ,high grip foam pre trued to 62/61mm.
Grey style BBS rims sounds cool I remeber back in the day proline had a rim call Warlock it was a grey BBs style rim which was my favorite, very racing looking.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

I dont think cheap is the target but rather value for money.
I would rather buy a set of tyres that could be more durable and have a foam that can give me a fair bit of life possibly have durability to last a race day.
At present I use 2 sets of tyres per club meet.For us in South Africa it can get expensive as we have to deal with a strong Dollar exchange.
We pay about R180 - R200 for a set (4) of tyres which is about $30 - $35
and that is a good price.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To be honest make a good rim and good foam, if someone doesn't like the design theyre and idiot, who can see a rim when your nitro is whizzing down the straight.

What i like in a rim;

* good price
* Strong rims (preferably dish)
* Foam that doesn't chunk
* Fresh new colours (Blue, green, red, bright yellow) give us a choice
* Stickers for tyrewalls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.