Search
Like Tree15Likes

Servos for 1/8 Onroad Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

PowerHD S25 for 1/8 onroad
PowerHD S35 for 1/8 buggy/GT

I've been running either these or brushless SRT servos (both are very similiar servos) . Not super cheap but really powerful servos.

If budget is no concern get either high-end Futaba or Sanwa.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

XR2 x2 for my new 1/8
Old 08-09-2021, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

I like Highest Servos (they are the manufacturer for Protek servos with a gold label such as the one mentioned earlier in this thread). Good quality, smooth, fast. Hard to get in US though (highest branded, not protek relabels). I usually try to get the brushless ones if possible, it looks like Highest is switching their lineup over to mostly brushless, while protek has opted to continue using brushed/coreless for many of their models.

Savox are good for the money but my complaint is they are noisy. Work well though.

SRT (brushless versions) are also good (brushed/coreless less good), but again, harder to get in US. I believe SRT makes Power HD servos but I'm not positive.

Last edited by rcbuggy88; 08-09-2021 at 11:28 PM. Reason: too much of a rant
Old 08-10-2021, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcbuggy88
I like Highest Servos (they are the manufacturer for Protek servos with a gold label such as the one mentioned earlier in this thread). Good quality, smooth, fast. Hard to get in US though (highest branded, not protek relabels). I usually try to get the brushless ones if possible, it looks like Highest is switching their lineup over to mostly brushless, while protek has opted to continue using brushed/coreless for many of their models.

Savox are good for the money but my complaint is they are noisy. Work well though.

SRT (brushless versions) are also good (brushed/coreless less good), but again, harder to get in US. I believe SRT makes Power HD servos but I'm not positive.
I believe PowerHD is the OEM supplier for many other brands including SRT.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

What makes you say that?
Old 08-13-2021, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

What makes you say that?
Well Power HD is based in China and I've figured they might be rebranding their servos to other companies.

I have both S35 & SRT BH9027 just by comparing them side by side they look alike.

Old 08-13-2021, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

I think you have it backwards. Now I could have it wrong but SRT on the website (About Us - About SRT - SRT), posts photos of the manufacturing process, as well as advertises OEM options for their servos. This is why I'm assuming SRT is making Power HD servos.

Also, both companies are based in China, so still not sure why you think Power HD is the manufacturer (now if you have some more evidence, I would love to see it, since, for all I know, the manufacturing photos on SRT's website could just be photos of another factory making their servos).
Old 08-15-2021, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

I think you have it backwards. Now I could have it wrong but SRT on the website (About Us - About SRT - SRT), posts photos of the manufacturing process, as well as advertises OEM options for their servos. This is why I'm assuming SRT is making Power HD servos.

Also, both companies are based in China, so still not sure why you think Power HD is the manufacturer (now if you have some more evidence, I would love to see it, since, for all I know, the manufacturing photos on SRT's website could just be photos of another factory making their servos).
Honestly I have no idea and I don't really think it makes any difference
nitrodude likes this.