Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I gotta say, I just got the chance to run the 720 on a very high bite track today . And I am very impressed with way the car reacts to changes you may want to adjust on it.
My very first outting the car had a bit of oversteer with 42 shore tires front & rear.And also I was running the front oneway insted of the diff.I also am running the long acraman arm.so after I ran the car. I wanted to see what the car would do with a softer spring in the front, And the car came alive. I had tried a harder spring in the front but didn't seem to improve any.
Very nice car...
Old 08-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by _cyclops_
It's the front lower arm, the hinge pin is set with a screw.. So if the arm binds to the hinge pin, there isn't any movement
Tighten them until there is no movement then back it out just a touch.[/QUOTE]

The ball is so tight in the joint that it does not move freely... nothing to do with tightening and so on...[/QUOTE]

i had the samethings on my 720. The front lower arms i did with a reamer and the fit was perfect. The balls just need to wear into there cups. On the first run i screwed them in a bit too tight so they will wear into the plastic and after 2 tanks the fit was perfect.
The only thing that's still binding is the rear rollbar linkage, tried somethins to make it more free but could'nt

About some new versions off the 720.

Today i heard a rumor about a 720R. It uses a normal 5 cell flat battery pack and has a different chassis and fuel tank to make room for the battery pack.
Don't know if it's true, but maybe it's already at the euro's
Old 08-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Today i heard a rumor about a 720R. It uses a normal 5 cell flat battery pack and has a different chassis and fuel tank to make room for the battery pack.

I can't believe that.. the 720 is 'new'... if this was true, it would amaze me...

The front arms are oke now.. i still would like them to move a little more free but we'll see after the first run...
The roll bar i fixed using old cups from my 710 and i'm gonna ask a team driver tomorrow about the other cups...
i've tried a lot of things, polisching them, warming the cup itself.. non really helped.. the polisching did a little, but that takes an enormous amount of time...
Old 08-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Outlaw Lola

Is Serpent making the floating rear and front body mounts as well as the bumper to run a Lola body on the 720? Thanks
Old 08-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
DS, Do you really think that after 1 month of the official release we are have already a new version?

Enjoy your 720

Paolo
Old 08-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SRAD
Is Serpent making the floating rear and front body mounts as well as the bumper to run a Lola body on the 720? Thanks
Srad,

Yes, the rear floating body mount will be ready in a few weeks

Paolo
Old 08-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastharry
hi Paolo..

are there any changes to the second round of kits?.....
Second run of kits is the same.

Paolo
Old 08-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Second run of kits is the same.

Paolo
thank you....
Old 08-13-2006, 09:15 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Wright
Anyone try the nylon arms from RC mushroom is there less breakage?

Jim
Thanks for the batteries.........they worked really good
When are you coming back?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by serpentpro28
universal cvd 710 are they fit for 720?
yes they fit, i'm using them now with my 720
Old 08-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport

rumor means something is on the way. they aren't much area of 720 can be futher improve. the only thing left, obviously is the fuel tank and the matching of spear/pinion.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:10 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Even if Serpent comes with a new car, they will go on with testing to improve it.
Unlike Mugen for example, as it seems that they come with a car and that's it for a while.

Some people like this and some don't, and those are the ones always complaining about all this new "gadgets" Serpent comes with.......

My opinion, you don't HAVE to buy new stuff, but if you have a certain problem with your car on a certain track somewhere around the world, Serpent might just have developed your solution......
If you don't have a problem with your car, don't buy any of those upgrades......

So the rumours that Serpent is coming with a 720R is exactly the same as the rumours for the 960R.......
And these rumours will always exist, due to the above mentioned fact.......
Old 08-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wad
Thanks for the batteries.........they worked really good
When are you coming back?
He's on vacation somewhere..
Old 08-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We all ran the 720 at the Revelation Raceway club race in Southern California for the first time yesterday with very good results. It was my car's first time out on the track. One of the three 720s in the main was actually assembled the night before the race by Walter Diaz and he TQ'd the expert class with it. Pepe Velez's 720 took the win.
The car handled very well and the set up was pretty close to stock.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally Posted by BoCal
We all ran the 720 at the Revelation Raceway club race in Southern California for the first time yesterday with very good results. It was my car's first time out on the track to the track. One of the three 720s in the main was actually assembled on Saturday night by Walter Diaz and he TQ'd the expert class with it. Pepe Velez's 720 took the win.
The car handled very well and the set up was pretty close to stock.
"what did you change?"....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.