Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

maybe with pieter gone,we will get a response...not like the old days, where Serpent denied they were even working on a new car....and then a new one showed up...just like magic..and everyone stuck their car up their butt...
Old 04-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by B4
I would like to see the 7xx be more durable and easier to get in the ballpark for a good setup.

It will....

Robert....

Are you going to the race at FT myers at the end of the month???

See you there..
Old 04-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the next revolution is going to be the use of materials.
Like the carbon used, now it's just one straight plate of carbon, i think the next step is to have molded pieces.
This way you can make the car more compact, stiffer and lighter.

You already see this at the vantage company. The products they make for the revo and savage are molded. This way you can make your a arms and other things totally out of carbon.
If you go really far you could make a sort of carbon monocoque.

But i think the new car ain't going to be released before the european championship. i haven't seen the car on the mach track yet. I only know that they are still trying different types of suspension geometry.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I haven't seen the car on the mach track yet. I only know that they are still trying different types of suspension geometry.
Maybe you were not at the right place at the right time.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Good thread and lots of people looking kind of hungry for the new car. Well I imagine for those in the USA the first cars will be raced in the Sedan Nats at Crystal Park in Jun 13-18 2006.. I am not sure if they will be available at that time for sale but it would be nice to see it. Once they have the car finalized it takes them months and months to get the molds done and a finished product.. Look for info at www.serpent-usa.com for any updates...It is going to be great!!! Trust Me!!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fernando_M
Maybe you were not at the right place at the right time.
Maybe....but the MACH track is very close to the Serpent headquarters and you can see/meet teamdrivers on a regular base.
The track is open for public every day, and there are always people driving their cars:
http://www.mylaps.com/live/ShowTrack2.jsp?tid=9
That's only people with transponders.

It's kinda hard to perform some secret tests on the MACH track....
But maybe they have a secret track somewhere...maybe indoors....maybe underground....
(conspiracy theory mode)
Old 04-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nefastseven
with kyosho it is all 2 months.....you buy a car,and kyosho make an other 2 months later ...look with fantom-evolva(2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2005 world) and with R,RR,RRR,RRR world
true
Old 04-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ridder
Maybe....but the MACH track is very close to the Serpent headquarters and you can see/meet teamdrivers on a regular base.
The track is open for public every day, and there are always people driving their cars:
http://www.mylaps.com/live/ShowTrack2.jsp?tid=9
That's only people with transponders.

It's kinda hard to perform some secret tests on the MACH track....
But maybe they have a secret track somewhere...maybe indoors....maybe underground....
(conspiracy theory mode)
the final design of the 960 was tested at the AMCA circuit just before it was released....
Old 04-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
It will....

Robert....

Are you going to the race at FT myers at the end of the month???

See you there..
hey edgar whats up....yes ill be at sour grapes and regionals see you there...
Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Serpent 720

I hope they make the new car sronger. You would think that since they had a connection with Xray the would have some spring steel on the car like the swing shafts for instance. You don't even have to tap the wall hard and they bend or break. While I see the Mugens and kyoshos slam the walls and keep going. Most of us with Serpent around this area have problems finishing long mains due to the car being so brittle. I don't like running dog-bones in the front but they seem to be the strongest.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:27 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nefastseven
with kyosho it is all 2 months.....you buy a car,and kyosho make an other 2 months later ...look with fantom-evolva(2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2005 world) and with R,RR,RRR,RRR world
Not really. The only one that hasn't updated their car is AE and I don't see to many of them around.

Consider, Serpent - Impulse, Impulse Pro, 705, 710, 720?. Mugen - MTX-2, MTX-3, MTX-3 Prospec, MTX-4, MTX-4 Prospec (you know it's coming). In my opinion, they are not much different. When you have a really good car it seems to hang around a little longer.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag
Not really. The only one that hasn't updated their car is AE and I don't see to many of them around.

Consider, Serpent - Impulse, Impulse Pro, 705, 710, 720?. Mugen - MTX-2, MTX-3, MTX-3 Prospec, MTX-4, MTX-4 Prospec (you know it's coming). In my opinion, they are not much different. When you have a really good car it seems to hang around a little longer.
No one is debating that companies dont update their cars. Most of us are debating how often the cars get updated (Most of the time with new cars).
Old 04-13-2006, 05:37 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Riketsu
No one is debating that companies dont update their cars. Most of us are debating how often the cars get updated (Most of the time with new cars).

Agreed. I don't mind updates to an existing car (ie. prospec, wce) but a completely new car is tough to swallow. Then again, you don't want them to stop doing R & D do you?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can't see them being in much of a rush to bring out the new car seeing as how the 710 is still arguably the best touring car in the business.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Killa G
I can't see them being in much of a rush to bring out the new car seeing as how the 710 is still arguably the best touring car in the business.
I have to disagree... Most drivers would like to see a more durable car than the 710.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.