Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrage
i must be slow since i use a diff huh tino?
No offence intended, you're fast too
Old 10-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickd122
No offence intended, you're fast too
im just kidding see you this weekend hopefully
Old 10-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trickd122
hmmm I think I'll order the springs and the oneway
thanks for responding .
Just clarify, their are other options from Serpent that I have in the car that has improve my time but not because I am faster but because I do have a more stable car, I did test this options separate and then install must of them all together to see the effect, at the moment I have most of them install.

What I am doing after testing the car with all the options is taking one by one out to see if there is a change in the car.

One of the options that have really helped in the handling of the car are:

Serpent 720 Chassis Plate SPP Carbon 803191
Serpent Mono block engine mount LCG M12 303209
Serpent BRASS Battery Tray 803206
VXR LiPO LRX-211000 - Receiver Packs - Li-Po, 1000 mAh

I do have more options install but this ones has really help, lowering the engine to 1.5mm, lowering the tank with the installation of the LiPo Battery to near 3mm and increasing the wait in the middle of the car with the brass tray, really has eliminated the traction roll in fast turns, etc.

RCPANAMA
Old 10-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi .
I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem with slop ( movement ) in the rear hinge pins . I can slide the rear arms about 1.5 mm backwards & forwards on the pin . Could it be the inserts ? Or should i replace the arms ?
I have only ran the car for 5 race day's .

Any suggestions on what else i can do would be welcomed
Regards Paul
Old 10-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by evo1
Hi .
I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem with slop ( movement ) in the rear hinge pins . I can slide the rear arms about 1.5 mm backwards & forwards on the pin . Could it be the inserts ? Or should i replace the arms ?

Regards Paul
this can happen some times but there are shims availible to compensate
for the slop.
Part No.:#1094
Old 10-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Insane rc
this can happen some times but there are shims availible to compensate
for the slop.
Part No.:#1094
No worries , thank's for that i'll get some & give them a try.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcpanama

VXR LiPO LRX-211000 - Receiver Packs - Li-Po, 1000 mAh

RCPANAMA
Where can I buy it online?

regards

Eduardo
Old 10-29-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia

regards

Eduardo

http://www.teambrood.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=72

http://rcplanet.com.my/webshaper/sto...mfc=143&page=1
Old 10-29-2007, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia

regards

Eduardo

If you bay the LiPo I use, you have to make some changes in the Battery Plate I had to do the same with the brass plate, I herd Serpent is coming with a LiPo that will fit the Battery Plate, but I am including the photo of how I did the change (Had to cut the side of the plate)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...4&d=1154611302

RCPANAMA
Old 10-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evo1
Hi .

Regards Paul
Check to see if there is something broken or missing. 1.5mm of play is just too excessive.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just wanted to drop in and thank Maxy, Gianni and DJ for the support at this weekends US open fuel Sedan champs. With your help my car was really good for the mains. Just a bit of bad luck but I had a blast. Look forward to seeing you guys next year at the Capitol Classic. Would like to make it to the winternats but the wife would probably kill me....LOL.

Gael
Old 10-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Stable Setup

Setting up a new 720 for my 11 year old son, looking for a stable easy to drive setup - not a fast setup! Is the stock Serpent recommendations on the instruction manual a good place to start or is there a better setup to start with. We are both new at this so any help would be appreciated. One more question: Which Glow Plug should I use to break this engine in (JL Red Dot/ Maxy's 20% nitro) Running in SW Florida (Warm and High Humidity). Nitro House recommended PICCO hot plug with hot filament (Will this hurt my engine?)
Thanks
Fishing Fool

Serpent 720
JL Red dot
Maxy's 20%
M11
Old 10-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fishing Fool
Setting up a new 720 for my 11 year old son, looking for a stable easy to drive setup - not a fast setup! Is the stock Serpent recommendations on the instruction manual a good place to start or is there a better setup to start with. We are both new at this so any help would be appreciated. One more question: Which Glow Plug should I use to break this engine in (JL Red Dot/ Maxy's 20% nitro) Running in SW Florida (Warm and High Humidity). Nitro House recommended PICCO hot plug with hot filament (Will this hurt my engine?)
Thanks
Fishing Fool

Serpent 720
JL Red dot
Maxy's 20%
M11
You are on the right track. Go with the box setup and it will be stable and easy to drive. The hot plug won't hurt your engine.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fishing Fool
Thanks
Fishing Fool

Serpent 720
JL Red dot
Maxy's 20%
M11
In that motor I recommend for you the 6 cold plug. As for set up, what kind of tracks are you going to race on. Are they the tracks for our forgass races or parking lot tracks that are bumpy? If I know what type of tracks I can give a good starting point.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

I hope to be running in the Forgass series starting at the Punta Gorda track in the near future. We will also be running on a very short-technical track in Englewood, Fl to get more driving time in for my son. I have two 720's that I can set up identical or different for each track. Thanks for your help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.