R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #91
Tech Master
 
DerekB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,421
Default

I had a good time hanging out in Compton. I'd like to give a special thanks to "splash-n-go" Collins and the corner marshal that decided to look at my car for a lap before going to marshal it. I guess having such a pretty paint job wasn't a good idea.

Perfect weather and a good time.
__________________
Velocity RC Magazine
www.vrcmag.com
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #92
Tech Master
 
richey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,280
Send a message via MSN to richey
Default

If you don't like the service don't park it there.
__________________
Silver Bowl Raceway Operator
www.TeamTaylorRacing.net
Byron's Fuel, Airtronics
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:33 PM   #93
Tech Master
 
DerekB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey
If you don't like the service don't park it there.
Oh I understand crashing. But sitting looking at my car for a lap? I go out of my way to get a car as fast as I can. But waiting that long? I should have gotten fries and a shake
__________________
Velocity RC Magazine
www.vrcmag.com
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #94
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,845
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRUZ
Chris thanks for pitting
No problem MC.
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #95
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,010
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default

I also got to give props to the moter that powered Jose Casas for the win. The moter was fricken fast, great job edward. The moter was a Palmaris.
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:41 PM   #96
Tech Regular
 
tboned_2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I agree with Derek, althought I was'nt a victim of the stare down. There was a lot of staring at the cars over the weekend, along with racers not bothering to turn marshall after their heats and mains.

BTW thanks man for the header help!

T
tboned_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #97
Tech Elite
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Mr. Verano,

You have a PM.

Socko
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #98
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hard road

good race everyone i will see you in june believe that
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #99
Tech Master
 
ROBBIE C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sunny Cali race land.
Posts: 1,217
Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default Mugen USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboned_2002
I agree with Derek, althought I was'nt a victim of the stare down. There was a lot of staring at the cars over the weekend, along with racers not bothering to turn marshall after their heats and mains.

BTW thanks man for the header help!

T
too funny.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #100
Tech Master
 
ROBBIE C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sunny Cali race land.
Posts: 1,217
Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default Mugen USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
I had a good time hanging out in Compton. I'd like to give a special thanks to "splash-n-go" Collins and the corner marshal that decided to look at my car for a lap before going to marshal it. I guess having such a pretty paint job wasn't a good idea.

Perfect weather and a good time.
Sorry Derek next time I'll use my fuel bottle I always keep at least 75 cc's in it.............lol
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #101
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default starts

I hope they move the starts of the mains to the sweaper or backstraight, starting in front of the drivers stand with the pit guys actually standing on the track is almost as dumb as the way they started the qualifiers with everyone going at the same time. Just seemed very un-professional.

My 2 cents.
Brad
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #102
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 159
Default Roar Nationals

ROAR is renting crystal park r/c raceway ...for the nationals.
ROAR race team will be running the race program..
any Questions in how it will be run.. please go to roarracing.com..
post your questions...
as far as crystal park r/c club races...the racers choose the way they would like to start the quals.. and the mains...prior to the race...
there is more than one way to start...the bottom line is the clock....
and if you have an idea or need info or questions.. it is always good to ask
but to call someone or something dumb.. and you don't know the deal...thats not very smart...
i do this for the fun... i get advice from the guys who come here to race..
it makes me no difference where or how the cars start.. if the racers vote on it... you make it seam so personal...
i've been to many races off road and on road.. i've seen it done 4 different ways...who's to say or where does it say if you don't do it like this your a dummy ?
My advice to you is .....speak up before the race or while it's going on maby things can be changed or you can understand why it is being done the way it is...
big man on the internet = Small man in person....
people who want to help in r/c racing ask... what can i do to help the sport
people who track bash or racer bash or city bash = HATE ers.....
we should all be thankfull for every nitro track that is up and running..and every club that runs in a parking lot........
Crystal park r/c raceway.... has LOVE for the r/c sport.....and everyone that helps to make the sport better....
to all the r/c tracks on the west coast . we love you....
reeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #103
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeso
ROAR is renting crystal park r/c raceway ...for the nationals.
ROAR race team will be running the race program..
any Questions in how it will be run.. please go to roarracing.com..
post your questions...
as far as crystal park r/c club races...the racers choose the way they would like to start the quals.. and the mains...prior to the race...
there is more than one way to start...the bottom line is the clock....
and if you have an idea or need info or questions.. it is always good to ask
but to call someone or something dumb.. and you don't know the deal...thats not very smart...
i do this for the fun... i get advice from the guys who come here to race..
it makes me no difference where or how the cars start.. if the racers vote on it... you make it seam so personal...
i've been to many races off road and on road.. i've seen it done 4 different ways...who's to say or where does it say if you don't do it like this your a dummy ?
My advice to you is .....speak up before the race or while it's going on maby things can be changed or you can understand why it is being done the way it is...
big man on the internet = Small man in person....
people who want to help in r/c racing ask... what can i do to help the sport
people who track bash or racer bash or city bash = HATE ers.....
we should all be thankfull for every nitro track that is up and running..and every club that runs in a parking lot........
Crystal park r/c raceway.... has LOVE for the r/c sport.....and everyone that helps to make the sport better....
to all the r/c tracks on the west coast . we love you....
Well said James... You beat me to it... Great Job as always You know you will always have 10% of the racers that will never be happy for some reason... You can't make everyone happy... ie... My car was upside down for half the race before the turn marshal turned my car over... And why this and why that after the fact... No one was complaining during the whole entire event and after the fact, you have 10% crying about something... You put on a great show James and the track was in great condition considering all the rain we had... Keep up the good work... Darn near a one Man show...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #104
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I won't get involved with this one, but it does sound like he is giving his opinion/advice...maybe not in the best way possible, but still; and I think he is one of the guys that races there often.
James, call me, I got some questions for you- 626-338-3815 x103
Thanks
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #105
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW
I hope they move the starts of the mains to the sweaper or backstraight, starting in front of the drivers stand with the pit guys actually standing on the track is almost as dumb as the way they started the qualifiers with everyone going at the same time. Just seemed very un-professional.

My 2 cents.
Brad
If you had a problem why didn't you say something while you were at the track?
I guess you didn't want to come across as a dumb ass.
Be a man not a internet geek talk to the owner not your key broad and screen.
haterpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crystal Park Raceway brc358 Racing Forum 2 10-22-2007 09:34 AM
2006 ROAR Fuel Sedan Nationals at Crystal Park Raceway Dawn Sanchez Nitro On-Road 32 06-15-2006 12:30 AM
2006 1/10 On-Road Fuel Nationals, Crystal Park Raceway rcfoolz Nitro On-Road 49 03-30-2006 03:19 PM
Crystal Park Raceway SRAD Nitro On-Road 2 10-01-2005 11:42 PM
Crystal Park raceway edseb Track Locator Forum 4 05-28-2004 03:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:42 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net