Search

Rex revenge .12 engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Rex revenge .12 engine

Hi,

I have a novarossi rex revenge .12 engine. I can't seem to find the stats on it anywhere. Does anyone know what the rpm range is on it and if it is a good engine.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2018, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

pair it with a 2660 pipe and its quite decent. not as much power as you get from top dollar motors but enough to keep with them on a small-medium track, and 6-7 minutes fuel mileage.
i won two trophy races with this engine back to back basically on fuel mileage against much much more expensive engines.

ill also mention that my success with this engine prompted me to try out the model up, the legend.. what a diabolical mess that was... never ran right. i should have bought two revenge engines lol. if i could get them without the pipe and manifold id just keep a stash of them. really really good club race engine.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thank you. That makes me feel much better about my decision to buy it. How easy is it to tune?
Old 02-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

My thoughts are exactly same and I don't think I need to add anything to Valk's comment. Good club race engine in relatively smaller track. In larger tracks, it won't perform good due to lower top end. I needed to lean out the engine quite a bit to catch up the faster motors in a bigger track with long straightaway. 6-7 min fuel mileage like he said. Yesterday I ran it in local track where electric cars are run a lot more. So relatively smaller track for nitro racing (maybe 20 yards straight). Main was for 10 min and I needed to refuel once at 5 min and at the end, there was left over that was good enough for 1-2 minutes. Air temp was 95F and engine was 245F after 10 minutes.
To me it was ok to tune but LSN was a bit tricky. I just don't remember how screwed in LSN is in my engine but I sort of remember I had to screw it in quite a bit. But I'm sure it's quite an easy engine to tune for somebody with more experience.
Just like any other Nova, it seems to take its time to be broken in for a while so be patient.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Was a fantastic engine for the price. So good, that I bought two more. I was at the races when Valk won with the Revenge. It was a nice little engine that also kept me competitive all season.

As mentioned, it will have its limitations. I went to the Timezone track and the little engine had a hard time keeping up on the 250ft backstretch, and an even harder time with the elevation changes - just got out-powered.

I don't normally re-build engines. But in this case, I just might.