Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

MLX JQ 1/8 GT conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

I have the parts, if you are interested send me a PM, I have a few left. I can make a new run if there is interest.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Well the season started off very nicely! We managed to win the first nationals, against great competition. The BE parts are a very nice upgrade. More testing now for the first international races of the year, some new ideas to try.

Old 10-22-2019, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Long time without an update, sorry about that! No, we didn't give up- we are working harder and our cars are faster than ever

We made new parts and worked on setup, to find more speed. This year we successfully defended our 2018 national title by adding the 2019 title as well, winning every race we attended but one, in which we had a technical failure. More importantly, we had a good international season, with the season highlight being the Euro GT race in Leipzig, where we finished 13th overall against the best drivers and factory teams in Europe. We were so thrilled, especially considering my modest driving skills The car is now as fast as anything, with bulletproof reliability. I ran the car a lot for the last 2 years, testing a lot of different stuff, and the basic setup is now really good.

Here's a nice "under the hood" the german site Mika news did on my car, after I finished 2nd in the Euro GT warm-up race in May. You can see nice closeups of the car.
https://mikanews.de/2019/05/19/chass...-denis-milvic/

Action pic from Mika news, thanks!

If anyone is interested in giving this conversion a shot, I'll be making a small run for next year. I'll take preorders during the following days- organized preorders will make the kit cheaper for everyone Feel free to PM me with any questions. The kit now consists of the new C-hubs, new front and rear shock towers and shock geometry, new Ackermann knuckles, 2-speed top and side plate (to replace the center diff ones). That would make all the parts needed to convert an electric car (you wouldn't need the 2-speed plates obviously)- for a nitro conversion you'd need to provide your own parts including the 2-speed, 150cc fuel tank, dogbones and front and rear bumper. I'll help with everything, including assembly tips and setup sheets.

If you have an extra JQ laying around, you're missing out on a lot of fun
MikaR and jon.lindgren like this.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:13 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Long time without an update, sorry about that! No, we didn't give up- we are working harder and our cars are faster than ever

We made new parts and worked on setup, to find more speed. This year we successfully defended our 2018 national title by adding the 2019 title as well, winning every race we attended but one, in which we had a technical failure. More importantly, we had a good international season, with the season highlight being the Euro GT race in Leipzig, where we finished 13th overall against the best drivers and factory teams in Europe. We were so thrilled, especially considering my modest driving skills The car is now as fast as anything, with bulletproof reliability. I ran the car a lot for the last 2 years, testing a lot of different stuff, and the basic setup is now really good.

Here's a nice "under the hood" the german site Mika news did on my car, after I finished 2nd in the Euro GT warm-up race in May. You can see nice closeups of the car.
https://mikanews.de/2019/05/19/chass...-denis-milvic/

Action pic from Mika news, thanks!

If anyone is interested in giving this conversion a shot, I'll be making a small run for next year. I'll take preorders during the following days- organized preorders will make the kit cheaper for everyone Feel free to PM me with any questions. The kit now consists of the new C-hubs, new front and rear shock towers and shock geometry, new Ackermann knuckles, 2-speed top and side plate (to replace the center diff ones). That would make all the parts needed to convert an electric car (you wouldn't need the 2-speed plates obviously)- for a nitro conversion you'd need to provide your own parts including the 2-speed, 150cc fuel tank, dogbones and front and rear bumper. I'll help with everything, including assembly tips and setup sheets.

If you have an extra JQ laying around, you're missing out on a lot of fun
for an electric conversion using the Grey edition as a base (basically same front and rear clips from the black edition based on what has been said), are you thinking a different battery tray at all like say serpents car that uses 2 stick packs (or shorties) for better LCG or just a full sized 4S lipo?
Old 11-19-2019, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
for an electric conversion using the Grey edition as a base (basically same front and rear clips from the black edition based on what has been said), are you thinking a different battery tray at all like say serpents car that uses 2 stick packs (or shorties) for better LCG or just a full sized 4S lipo?
I'd just keep the full sized packs, the Black ebuggy is pretty well balanced
Cain likes this.