Search
Like Tree8Likes

Tekno NB48.4 or AE RC8B3.1

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tekno NB48.4 or AE RC8B3.1

I've been looking at these two buggys for next year season so fair I come up with Tekno NB48.4, AE RC8B3.1 ... Pretty much all the brands I am intreasd in. Most of them do seem to have features that set them apart from the others, but I can't seem to make a choice.
Those are pretty much the ones I've mainly been looking at. I'm totally open to any advice or suggestions though. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

RC8B3.1 hands down. The fit and finish is excelent, the anodizing is good, they come with CVD's and the new diffs are great. I think the plastic is better than most, I haven't broke any buggy arms. I broke a few uppers on truggy, but I already have the new updated ones and they look good. And they are very easy to work on!
Old 09-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Have you try both buggys and I thought they have brought out new upper and lower arms out yet
Old 09-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MadMick
Have you try both buggys and I thought they have brought out new upper and lower arms out yet
I have a 3.1e and a 3.1, I love them both. They have the updated truggy front upper arms out, but not the front lowers or rears. My truggy is a beast! Fastest truggy I've owned!
Old 09-12-2017, 09:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brewert
I have a 3.1e and a 3.1, I love them both. They have the updated truggy front upper arms out, but not the front lowers or rears. My truggy is a beast! Fastest truggy I've owned!
Given your signature, the recommendation doesn't come as a surprise

In terms of pure quality of parts, I have yet to see something that is better than Tekno. I don't own one anymore because for me they are too twitchy on the track (i practice too little) so I went with Mugen and owned a Kyosho in between. My friend has two AE cars and neither have impressed me in terms of quality and toughness.

Always depends on what sort of buggy you are looking for but out of the two, I'd personally choose the Tekno because of it's superior durability.
brokenmoto likes this.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

were i race i race on lwo to med dusty large track and it can get rough at time as well that why i was trying to pick a buggy can handle and it easy to set up to my track condtions
Old 09-12-2017, 11:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by MadMick
were i race i race on lwo to med dusty large track and it can get rough at time as well that why i was trying to pick a buggy can handle and it easy to set up to my track condtions
If you are after help and setups, it's hard to beat Mugen, especially because of Adam Drake who's like driver and community manager in one person lol
Old 09-13-2017, 12:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Either are great (had both) but they fit different styles. In my head I’m very smooth and controlled and need a buggy that responds to that. The AE is supposedly that. After trying tekno I switched over and don’t regret it a bit. AE makes a great buggy and I loved mine but the tekno fits me better. Parts quality on the tekno is too freakin notch too but both are very tough. I managed to break a single arm on the AE buggy catching a beam on the wall of the track wide open when I turned in a wee bit late at the end of the straight, very tough car.

Try to drive both, box stock, and see which one is more consistent for you. The AE could turn a hero lap for me now and then but the tekno was more consistent although the hero laps aren’t as impressive.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've driven and owned both and can say that hands down the Associated is way easier to drive and has tons more steering than the Tekno. That being said the Tekno is a battle tank and can take abuse that I can't believe. There are always people that test the limits of cars and exceed them. One of the local "fast guys" breaks his Tekno truggy almost every time he takes it out. It all comes down to preference. I think the Tekno is a great car for someone who doesn't realize how a car should actually drive. Drive an X-ray, Mugen, or Associated and you'll see what I mean.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

So you reckon get the ae or mugen
Old 09-13-2017, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, my signature shows that I'm biased to AE, but I've owned Mugens and they're very good as well. But the RC8 platform is easier to work on and handles very well too. Plus all of the pretty blue bling is better looking.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Well if the loss handle better I would go with them as I got a losi 4.0t ep truggy
Old 09-13-2017, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

MadMick, most comments here regarding our NB48 being twitchy are probably referring to the .3 version. Our NB48.4 has had drastic geometry changes to make it very smooth and consistent.

Since you are comparing C-Hub (Tekno) to pillow ball (AE) the best advice I can give is to try both and see what fits. They will be different and one or the other might suit your driving style better. Also keep in mind the support you have available for each. If you can’t get help at your local tack or elsewhere, that should be taken into account as well.
offroad dude and lala4fire like this.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Both of these cars are so different from each other. Most of the time I would suggest to get witchever looks better to your eyes but in this case that suggestion won't do you much justice. I've driven both and both are excellent but they drive nothing alike. In the end I preferred the AE, it seemed just a little more predicable.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by MattDub
MadMick, most comments here regarding our NB48 being twitchy are probably referring to the .3 version. Our NB48.4 has had drastic geometry changes to make it very smooth and consistent.

Since you are comparing C-Hub (Tekno) to pillow ball (AE) the best advice I can give is to try both and see what fits. They will be different and one or the other might suit your driving style better. Also keep in mind the support you have available for each. If you can’t get help at your local tack or elsewhere, that should be taken into account as well.
Indeed, my twitchy comment was in regards to the .3 - have not owned the .4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.