Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Potential Air Leak??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Red face Potential Air Leak??

I recently crashed my nitro RC (HPI Bullet) and had to get replacement parts it was quite a bad crash as the wheel came off, Anyway ever since i fixed it i've had trouble running it again (before it had been running perfectly). it seems to cut out now whenever at random points but mainly when i accelerate. because of this i thought it was running to rich and decided to lean it out more but it made no difference so i'm starting to wonder if it could be an air leak?.

If not is there any other possible solutions or suggestions someone may have and or any other reasons it may be caused by.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Recommend replacing the glow plug. Could also be an air leak. Recommend changing the fuel and pressure lines and also checking the gaskets on the header and pipe. Gaskets shouldn't be torn or hardened from heat.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

I recently bought a new glow plug tho and the gaskets are fine its a relatively new car so they should be fine.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ACEfreak
I recently crashed my nitro RC (HPI Bullet) and had to get replacement parts it was quite a bad crash as the wheel came off, Anyway ever since i fixed it i've had trouble running it again (before it had been running perfectly). it seems to cut out now whenever at random points but mainly when i accelerate. because of this i thought it was running to rich and decided to lean it out more but it made no difference so i'm starting to wonder if it could be an air leak?.

If not is there any other possible solutions or suggestions someone may have and or any other reasons it may be caused by.
A really bad crash can do mall kinds of unseeable damage.

Possibly a crack in the fuel tank?

Also might want to check the rod and crank (mainly the pin for the rod on the crank) and see if there's any stress there. Stress there could have altered your compression ratio.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mercfocus
A really bad crash can do mall kinds of unseeable damage.

Possibly a crack in the fuel tank?

Also might want to check the rod and crank (mainly the pin for the rod on the crank) and see if there's any stress there. Stress there could have altered your compression ratio.
Okay thanks so basiacally check the whole engine over for damage ?

I was thinking of sealing the engine aswell would tbat help
Old 05-31-2017, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

The cooling head is very tight cant even unscrew it and the gas tabk diesnt seem to ve cracked it doesnt leak at all.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:45 AM
Tech Rookie

I looked inside the engine for any major damage and there doesnt seem to be any only small scratches from wear and tear.

However i found that i had a better time starting it on a richer setting and couldnt start it at all on the on tge setting i last ran it with.