Search
Like Tree248Likes

JQ RACING - The Black Edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by creamyturtle
hey guys I took my new Black Edition to the track last night. compared to my RTR kit this thing is night and day. I was just running the stock Spec-Q setup to see what it was like. the BE handles great and is an awesome jumper. no matter what you do with the throttle the car wants to land flat

I did manage to break a front upper shock bolt after casing a jump pretty hard. I couldn't fix it at the track because it stripped the end of the shock mount pretty bad unfortunately

does anybody know what the stock setup for the Spec-Q is? regarding shock oils and diff oils. it seems pretty solid, I just might need to lighten up the front diff oil to get some more steering entering the corners
I don't know what the stock setup is for the Spec-Q, but I highly recommend you try this latest setup. For me, and most Iv'e talked to, it works much better for us average Joe's. Pay close attention to the notes on the bottom of the setup sheet It's really good!
Hope this helps
http://stories.jqracing.com/wp-conte...ember-2017.pdf
Old 12-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

I recent that : )
Old 12-23-2017, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Am I correct in reading the new setup has 4 degrees of toe-in in the rear? I've never saw JQ run with that much
Old 12-27-2017, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Guys I just wanted to let you know if you don’t have a Black Edition stop sleeping on such a good product!! I drove a Tki4 before I started driving my Black edition and all it has done for me is made my driving better. My fastest lap times have improved and my avererage lap times have improved significantly since the switch . So it’s definitely the Car that’s doing it .
I changed my set up to suit my driving and the car and I have come along way .
Set up
10 front diff
7 center diff
4 rear diff
Shocks 32.5 front 37.5 rear with stock pistons
Rear sway bar 2.6
Lowered rear hubs
Changed rear sway bar 2.6 (butter)
1mm hubs front and back
Kyosho wing
Dremelled front arms for Moore droop and shaved 2mm of arms
That’s basically the things I changed from stock to suit the car for my driving ability and it has responded every way I expected it to go. I have had let numerous other people drive the car and the responses have all been similar . It’s a good car , don’t know Joesph Personally but ya boi’s got himself a good product ... 2018 is going to be a good year DNC here I come !!
Demonyo likes this.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ofna2005
Guys I just wanted to let you know if you don’t have a Black Edition stop sleeping on such a good product!! I drove a Tki4 before I started driving my Black edition and all it has done for me is made my driving better. My fastest lap times have improved and my avererage lap times have improved significantly since the switch . So it’s definitely the Car that’s doing it .
I changed my set up to suit my driving and the car and I have come along way .
Set up
10 front diff
7 center diff
4 rear diff
Shocks 32.5 front 37.5 rear with stock pistons
Rear sway bar 2.6
Lowered rear hubs
Changed rear sway bar 2.6 (butter)
1mm hubs front and back
Kyosho wing
Dremelled front arms for Moore droop and shaved 2mm of arms
That’s basically the things I changed from stock to suit the car for my driving ability and it has responded every way I expected it to go. I have had let numerous other people drive the car and the responses have all been similar . It’s a good car , don’t know Joesph Personally but ya boi’s got himself a good product ... 2018 is going to be a good year DNC here I come !!
DNC JQ TAKEOVER !!!!
Demonyo and Dvill1126 like this.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've been playing with steering geometry in Solidworks recently and wanted to give everyone a a better idea of how steering angle physically changes depending on which ackerman plate hole is used.

You can see that the front hole has the most initial steering and the smallest ackerman angle at full lock, and vise versa for the rear hole. Even the small difference in angles are noticeable on the track.

JQ likes using the front hole, but I prefer the middle hole for smoother steering. It comes down to what feels best to you, so try both (and reset the endpoints each time) to decide. Also remember that if you move your arms 2mm back, it's like moving it one hole further forward (2.5mm difference per hole) as far as steering geometry is concerned.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by creamyturtle
obligatory JQ eye candy

What is the on the tip of the exhaust pipe? Thanks
Old 01-01-2018, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by J5137
What is the on the tip of the exhaust pipe? Thanks
I have a tuned pipe that has an adjustable tip. Check it out:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/alpha-e...me2090/p413969

I think I'm going to test out the orange tip since it matches my paint job better
Old 01-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Does the Q-spec come with the front arm mods already performed? Does it come with the aluminum servo saver top?

I am trying to make up my mind if I want to build the kit to make it easier to put in the arm mods and aluminum servo saver top. If the Q-spec already has this done I would love to go that route.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

It does not have aluminum servo saver, arm mod is done except for 2 mm shaved from the back of the arms.
YANMAN likes this.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YANMAN
Does the Q-spec come with the front arm mods already performed? Does it come with the aluminum servo saver top?

I am trying to make up my mind if I want to build the kit to make it easier to put in the arm mods and aluminum servo saver top. If the Q-spec already has this done I would love to go that route.
You might want to grab the JQB0197/198 high wing mounts as well
YANMAN likes this.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Hi fellow JQ nation, if you have a minute, I'd love it if you could check out my JQ GT conversion

MLX JQ 1/8 GT conversion kit
Old 02-11-2018, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Very nice Denis when are you racing again .
Old 02-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BermyDomRepRC
Very nice Denis when are you racing again .
Thanks! Both buggy and GT start in a bit more than a month, preparation time until then The weather doesn't allow for any practice We plan on doing a lot of racing this year, as much as time allows
BermyDomRepRC likes this.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Has anyone come from a Tekno to the JQ, If so, what differences did you notice? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.