Search
Like Tree18Likes

Agama A215SV ::Official Thread::

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leo moreno
Is the truggy fuel tank the correct size as far as cc capacity? I recently noticed the same issue with the buggy run time. I may try the losi fuel tank if it give you the correct cc raiting. I had only been getting 6 to maybe 7 min run time with a reds wr7 and reds clutch set on H.
Leo, in my experience the fuel issue is Related to your engine. I had a reds R7 and I couldn’t get 6.5 minutes.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea. I like how the reds motors feel though. I'll keep trying. Maybe getting the 4.0 losi tank will help. Will see
Old 09-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mark Rumble
Opinions are always good and something to not ignore as the development of the Agama buggies continues The towers is preferential and we haven't tested with the old towers as we haven't quite seen the need to do it, I see a few people who have tried it to no real effect.
Thank you, Mark!

Test it in rough, medium low grip surface. Believe me, much better 😉

The DW01 steering plate is a very big step forward in the steering feel of the SV buggy, and all drivers who run the plate love it, people who dont run it or haven't yet, be sure to check it out.
Its not always obvious but when making changes to new releases there is always a limit with what can be changed through budget or demand, the standard fuel tank is around 117cc correct, and very very consistent,this is something that we are comfortable with/ not uncomfortable enough to have changed for the SV. Better slightly smaller, than constantly going oversized after a main final which is not good for anyone like I see with lots of other tanks.....With that in mind, we do have a new fuel tank coming on the 319 Buggy platform

GREAT, new fuel tank. Cutomers that are regional-national racers (like me) will apreciate it, drivers in spain driving SV we all speak about it when meeting in races.

On the topic of the A319 buggy, the development we have put into the buggy is sure to make it one for every level of driver, from top driver to the club guy
Thanks for giving us some info, Mark! 😉😄

Last edited by jeancc; 09-08-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

🤔 is there a rough date to when this would be coming out?
Old 09-17-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

early next year is what I have been told
Old 09-20-2018, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ulch

Leo, in my experience the fuel issue is Related to your engine. I had a reds R7 and I couldn’t get 6.5 minutes.

Its strikes me as the above being the most likely scenario, the agama stock tank is roughly 117CC with stock lines, let say others are measured at a generous 124CC this is just under a 6% difference which is not going to be the difference between 6-7 minutes and 10.........at least in our experience
Originally Posted by jeancc
Thank you, Mark!

Test it in rough, medium low grip surface. Believe me, much better 😉

We will give it a go at some point, with the new front end stuff happening on the 319 buggy this can be achieved similarly by using the current SV front tower

GREAT, new fuel tank. Cutomers that are regional-national racers (like me) will apreciate it, drivers in spain driving SV we all speak about it when meeting in races.

Yeah it should help, its always tough finding a balance between safety and failing tech at every big race but hopefully we will find it

Thanks for giving us some info, Mark! 😉😄
No problem, we have been running lots of new parts for a while now and even though its roughly 30% of the new car, already it is driving like a new platform ! And getting noticed for sure
Originally Posted by Leo moreno
🤔 is there a rough date to when this would be coming out?
​​​​​​​The current timeline is for the start of 2019, I hope we do not have delays but it has to be correct before its rolled out which it will be !
Old 11-21-2018, 04:16 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

CAD drawings of the A319 radio tray, looking good so far!

Old 11-22-2018, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think it's a good idea that Agama customers write here things that will be change (from the point of view of each one, of course) and things to maintain.

Things to change / remove:

- Dual-bearing system on differentials. In my opinion, there is no advantage using this system in front of traditional system. I've driven mugen, xray, hobao... no problem with one-bearing system. No need of oring 16x0.5 and a "bearing holder"
- Differential box "inserted into" the chassis. Front and rear. It is a pain to remove differentials.
- Rear and front differential box with "easy-access", for easy diff replacement, like RC8B3 or MBX8.
- For me, I prefer "losi style" or "mugen style" steering system, my feeling is they are more "forgiven" than the c-hub style.
- One piece, reinforced wing mount, with 2 positions (high, low)
- Taller shock towers than the SV ones. I spoke some post before about that.
- Larger fuel tank. About 125cc without limiters.
- If possible, it will be great 8x16x5 bearings for differentials and hubs. Durable, strong, easy to open and clean.
- Inverted servo-saver, that is, the spring-nut in the top, for easy adjustment.
- Simplified ackerman: 3 positions. I think no more is needed.
- Remove this metallic plates under the engine mount blocks.
- Larger shock springs. Sometimes I need a lot of preload to raise the chassis.
- A milling in the chasis for the steering post, to avoid rolling.
- Shock spring holder. My feeling is that the position is too low, so in some cases the holder hits the arms (depends on the droop and shock position)

Things to maintain / I like:
- Wide chassis. This was one of the most important change from the A8 to the A215. A wider chassis was a big difference in handling, for sure.
- Materials. Top notch in general.
- "Classic throttle-brake" linkage. No old losi style, old serpent style, JQ style.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, classic and simple linkage, like now
- I like the 16 and 17 tooth clutch bell, because the clutch bearings are larger and super-durable. You can run an entire season with a pack of 10 JP-Agama bearings.
- Brakes and central differential: I have no objections about it. They work great.
- Shocks. Awesome.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Some interesting point for sure, let me explain some changes that are and are not happening, I will answer below your points.

Originally Posted by jeancc
I think it's a good idea that Agama customers write here things that will be change (from the point of view of each one, of course) and things to maintain.

Things to change / remove:

- Dual-bearing system on differentials. In my opinion, there is no advantage using this system in front of traditional system. I've driven mugen, xray, hobao... no problem with one-bearing system. No need of oring 16x0.5 and a "bearing holder"

This is going to stay on the new buggy, it’s a very integral design feature and offers some great reliability, sure it has some extra weight and more bearings, but the stability of the diff has to be better in this format.

- Differential box "inserted into" the chassis. Front and rear. It is a pain to remove differentials.

Yes, this is happening, because of the geometry change rather than the ease of removal, but it’s a good bi-product

- Rear and front differential box with "easy-access", for easy diff replacement, like RC8B3 or MBX8.

With the design of the new buggy the diffs will be much easier to remove, I will have some videos published on FB soon showing how it’s only 4 screws to remove now.

- For me, I prefer "losi style" or "mugen style" steering system, my feeling is they are more "forgiven" than the c-hub style.

This feeling can all be replicated with setup and steering plates, the old system had some major drawbacks and the consistent request for more steering drove towards a C-Hub steering system.

- One piece, reinforced wing mount, with 2 positions (high, low)

Yes, one piece wing mount already produced with multiple mounting positions, high to low.

- Taller shock towers than the SV ones. I spoke some post before about that.

The SV shock tower on the front will fit on the 319 buggy to have a higher mounting, for anyone who wishes to run it.

- Larger fuel tank. About 125cc without limiters.

Yes, new fuel tank, larger size, new shape.

- If possible, it will be great 8x16x5 bearings for differentials and hubs. Durable, strong, easy to open and clean.

No, the normal bearing will be used, it’s a nice idea to have these bearings, but not with the amount of parts needing to be changed to accommodate it.

- Inverted servo-saver, that is, the spring-nut in the top, for easy adjustment.

Unfortunately not, something looked into but not implemented.

- Simplified ackerman: 3 positions. I think no more is needed.

The Ackerman will stay the same on the 319 with the 4 holes, the new steering rack position will make them all usable.

- Remove this metallic plates under the engine mount blocks.

This has been done many many times by lots of manufacturers and it has brought some problems, the engine block and plate design is the most consistent, no need to change.

- Larger shock springs. Sometimes I need a lot of preload to raise the chassis.

We never see this ? Maybe because of the higher towers being used ?

- A milling in the chasis for the steering post, to avoid rolling.

Nice feature for sure but I don’t think it will feature on the buggy.

- Shock spring holder. My feeling is that the position is too low, so in some cases the holder hits the arms (depends on the droop and shock position)

Not seen this as an issue ? The current design is nice and secure so will remain.

Things to maintain / I like:
- Wide chassis. This was one of the most important change from the A8 to the A215. A wider chassis was a big difference in handling, for sure.

100% the 319 will have a new chassis plate but the general wide shape will carry forward as it’s very good.

- Materials. Top notch in general.

- "Classic throttle-brake" linkage. No old losi style, old serpent style, JQ style.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, classic and simple linkage, like now

Please check the NEMO Facebook page for the Cad image of the new tray nice and simple.

- I like the 16 and 17 tooth clutch bell, because the clutch bearings are larger and super-durable. You can run an entire season with a pack of 10 JP-Agama bearings.

For sure the big bearings are durable, but the new gearing on the buggy will use a 13t clutchbell. Big advantages with the new gearing over the old.

- Brakes and central differential: I have no objections about it. They work great.

New centre diff design is happening, again to simplify the operation.

- Shocks. Awesome.

The shocks will carry forward
Hopefully it gives you a help with the direction we take, and that we do look and listen, with the best intention
jeancc likes this.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

"...as easy to work on as possible" but still four screws need to be removed to swap battery. That's at least two too many in my opinion and the screw closest to the throttle is sometimes a pain to work on.
If the battery lid needs to be tight in all four corners, two outer screws and some kind of inner hinges should do it.

I really hoped that this would be looked into on the new car but clearly not...
Old 11-22-2018, 11:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bappen
"...as easy to work on as possible" but still four screws need to be removed to swap battery. That's at least two too many in my opinion and the screw closest to the throttle is sometimes a pain to work on.
If the battery lid needs to be tight in all four corners, two outer screws and some kind of inner hinges should do it.

I really hoped that this would be looked into on the new car but clearly not...
Absolutely looked into, you will notice on the CAD the position has been moved around to mitigate that.

Also 4 screws instead of some hinged design will always be more secure. And the time difference between 2 and 4 short screws ? Negligible.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

No space between arm and spring holder.

About the possible issue with shock spring retainer:
Old 11-23-2018, 08:38 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Mine are like that as well, has never posed an issue , even with some pretty dramatic crashes!!

I think the A319 will be a leap forward for Agama, by judging from just by the perfomance pack upgrade on the a215sv , the car is already much improved , and some other geometry changes in the rear are being tested as well and heard the car is much more settled ( even though the SV has a good amount of rear grip )
Old 11-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Mark,
Will there be a new truggy as well?
Old 11-26-2018, 02:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bappen
Mark,
Will there be a new truggy as well?
Hey, not at this current time, with the A215T being a fairly recent release and a fringe class it will remain for the moment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.